Bangkok Accommodation

bumblebee

We are compiling a Master list of Accommodation in Bangkok like we have done for Pattaya  Pattaya Hotel Master List so that there will be a definitive easy to use hotel thread.  This will save members having to trawl through pages and pages of posts to find the place they are looking for.

So we are asking for your help in naming the places you stay in in Bkk, maybe a comment about them if you wish, and we'll create the list from your feedback along with the places we already know about

Thanks for your help guys, together we can make the forum as user friendly as possible.

Sukhumvit Area Hotels

Must be all Pattaya hands on this forum!

Here's my favorite BKK hotel:

Grand Business Inn Hotel
Sukhumvit Soi 11, right beside 7/11

Superior room 1,600.00 THB. Premier room 1,600.00  THB. Premier Suite 2,500.00  THB. Executive room 2,000.00  THB. Grand Suite 3,000.00  THB.

Guest friendly, very helpful, friendly staff, nice 24 hr restaurant.
Excellent travel agency associated with hotel.
Free high speed internet ports (can pay refundable 100 Baht deposit for network cable in case you don't have one) in rooms, and free internet access and wifi for hotel and restaurant guests in lobby. Safe deposit box in lobby, kettle in rooms. Cable TV, UBC, flat screen TVs, DVD players.

No pool, about 12 min walk away from Nana Plaza.

Right by Nana BTS station.

Guest friendly, no joiner fee. I have never had a problem with bringing an lb either for short time or long time (although I prefer postops!).  Visitor must leave ID card at front desk.  

Recommend to book in advance, a popular hotel

http://www.grandbusinessinn.net/index.htm

The Rembrandt Suites Rembrandt Tower Sukhumvit soi 20,

Studio 1700 baht low season. 1900 baht high season.

One bed apartment 2,700 Loww season 

all rooms are excellently appointed with flat screen tv tea & coffee making kitchenette fridge free wifi.

Great Pool Sauna Gym Jacuzzi.

These prices are mates rates to me am not sure what they are if you book direct.

quite a few BM have used this Hotel thru me and all have been impressed.

Rembrandt Hotel

• Upvote 1

The Rembrandt is about halfway between Soi Cowboy and Darkside.

As Darkside becomes the local of more and more forum members, maybe it makes sense to stay closer to Darkside?

And it's an easy walk, cab, or BTS ride to Nana if the urge calls.

Soi 33 has a great vive; much nicer than Soi 4 IMO.

Are there any good value hotels right on Soi 33 so it's easy to stumble home?

The Rembrandt Suites Rembrandt Tower Sukhumvit soi 20,

Studio 1700 baht low season. 1900 baht high season.

One bed apartment 2,700 Loww season 

all rooms are excellently appointed with flat screen tv tea & coffee making kitchenette fridge free wifi.

Great Pool Sauna Gym Jacuzzi.

These prices are mates rates to me am not sure what they are if you book direct.

quite a few BM have used this Hotel thru me and all have been impressed.

As you know I stayed there for 4 nights and it was class. Thanks for the tip  :happy0065:  :happy0065: and the help at getting for a great mates rate with a free up grade

The Rembrandt is about halfway between Soi Cowboy and Darkside.

As Darkside becomes the local of more and more forum members, maybe it makes sense to stay closer to Darkside?

And it's an easy walk, cab, or BTS ride to Nana if the urge calls.

Soi 33 has a great vive; much nicer than Soi 4 IMO.

Are there any good value hotels right on Soi 33 so it's easy to stumble home?

S33 Hotel and Lotus hotel in soi 33 and also just in the next soi is S31 hotel the Mrs as stayed there and said nice hotel. I told her to put her two word review on trip advisor LOL I have stayed in AomraNeoLuxe Suites and will do a review on it

S33 Compact Sukhumvit Hotel

Bangkok Hotel Lotus Sukhumvit

• Upvote 1

Amora NeoLuxe Suites Sukhumvit soi 31

This is a new boutique hotel in Sukhumvit soi 31 near Phrom Phong BTS, well about a ten minutes walk away. 

Any way the rooms are ultra modern as is the hotel itself. The rooms have a flatscreen Smasung tv, a samsung stero as well as a I phone/pod touch docking station There was a row of plugs on the wall and a ADSL and HDMI sockets, Their is a master control on the night table that controls everything in Lights and air con as well as a built in clock. The wifi was a bit iffy but got better after I rang reception and they sent a techie non English speaking guy up to sort it out.

The bed was big and comfy for a good roll around session with a ladyboy or two. A electronic safe that fits a laptop as well as camera. They even have an umbrella inside the wardrobe for rainy days. When you come out of the lift their are two free Pc's you can use FOC.

The bathroom was of a good size and a well put together design and interior. bath with shower.

Their is a roof top pool which I had to myself one day and I noticed the gym on that floor but did not use it.

Staff polite most speak English GG and ladyboy friendly. Same as most places they take the ladyboys ID and they get it back when they leave and they phone your room too.

Sorry I never made it up for breakfast, tongue.png in the four days I stayed here.

last 4 pics taken from the internet

Amora NeoLuxe Suites

post-124-0-57042700-1370195340_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-65028400-1370195354_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-16932400-1370195371_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-53401000-1370195438_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-81460600-1370195448_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-40219200-1370195460_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-25507800-1370195474_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

I always have stayed President Palace Sukhumvit Soi 11. I have checked in here with LB no problems at all. Staff are very polite and welcoming. Many good restaurant and bars on this street. Easy access to sky train. Rooms are very good and it is a reasonable price. You can book direct on their site, sometimes better deals than what you will find on hotel booking sites.

• Upvote 2

The Rembrandt Towers

A good friend booked me in here at a very special rate as he knows the General Manger here and he also got me an upgrade.  Cheers buddy you know who you are

The towers are serviced apartments and are situated on soi 20 and not soi 18 where the hotel is.

I was shocked when I entered the room and thought I was in the wrong room as there was a large living room with TV, music center, work table for laptop, dinning table with four chairs and a kitchen with oven, microwave, kettle and a large fridge. the bedroom was large enough as was the bathroom. A fresh bowl of fruit each day and a daily paper in English. The room was on the 12th floor and there was a large swimming pool on the 11th which we could see from our windows.

Tv in the bedroom as well as the living room.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/2-bangkok-accommodation/?p=27

post-124-0-95289400-1370195971_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-07510300-1370195980_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-08848000-1370195988_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-93540400-1370195996_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-49387700-1370196004_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Le Fenix Sukhumvit is a fun little hotel in Bangkok

I have only stayed here the once back in February 2009 and I liked the hotel a lot, though I should think about using it again

I always recommend to those who love clubs and bars.So it's a convenient hotel with no joiner fees if you choose to take a bar girl or freelancer back to your room. The reception is on the first floor and their is a lift in the car park that takes you straight up using your key card. Or if you wish you can go via reception

The place is designed in line with club and party minded guests. There is a decent roof top bar on the top floor called the Nest and even though the building is 8 stories tall you still get a decent view of the surrounding area. I went a each night but on the last night gave it a miss, As I swear that's were the mozzies bit me all down my arms, while lying sipping cocktails on one of the beds. 

There's a small swimming pool and gym. A free tuk tuk ride to the BTS Nana station which is right in front of Sukhumvit Soi 11. Though the biggest perks is you get free entrance to Q Bar and Bed Supperclub (only during non-special events). Normally you'd have to pay 500THB to 700THB entry free just to get in to both clubs. And you also get 20% off for food at Bed Supperclub so it pays to be a hotel guest at Le Fenix.

The hotel is located a little ways down on Suk Soi 11. About 300 meters and right across from Q Bar. So it's easy to find.

Though if you find the walk a little bit too far, the hotel does provide tuk tuk service to take you to the entrance of Sukhumvit road. And right in front is the BTS Nana station.
And the location is an ideal point for visiting Soi Cowboy or Nana go go bars. Because it's right in between the two red light districts. So you can walk to either one in about 10 minutes.

As I mentioned earlier you book a standard or superior room for about 1400THB through Agoda.com. It's not a bad price at all for a 3 star hotel in the middle of everything a single guy could need.

And it's a guest friendly hotel right on Sukhumvit so no problems with inviting bar girls or freelancers to a room there. Here's the email confirmation below for your reference:.

The only annoying problem I had was the light in the wardrobe would not go out when you shut the doors. most honest hotel I have stayed. I forgot to shut the safe door one morning and when I arrived back at the hotel, Their was a note saying to go to reception. They went up to the room opened the safe, as the cleaning staff told them it was open so they set it back to reset. I checked and everything was in order. Big tip for cleaning staff when I left as well as recption.

Le Fenix Sukhumvit Hotel

post-124-0-07749500-1370196387_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-77104800-1370196443_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ibis Hotel soi 4 Nana.

Ibis Nana Hotel

The Ibis Nana Hotel Bangkok is not the only guest friendly hotels on Sukhumvit Soi 4. But it's certainly one of the cleanest and most affordable hotel to stay in Nana red light district. It's a big hotel with about 200 rooms and still quite new looking for a hotel that's 4 years old. Rate between 1200 baht to 1600 baht I use my A club card here and get my points plus dicount

I have stayed at the Hotel Ibis 5 times so it most be doing something right

The Ibis is a good quality hotel and I'd give it 98out of 10. The reason being that it's a very minimal hotel. There is no swimming pool and no gym. I just stayed here in March this year and they now have free wifi just ask for it when you book in. Same all Ibis hotels now as Hau Hin was the same.

The rooms at the Ibis are simple and nothing fancy. What I mean is that there are no suite rooms or deluxe or any other fancy room description with inflated rates.

There are only 2 room types; standard with one double bed and standard with 2 twin beds. And that's all.

As I mentioned before, the Ibis is a simple hotel with clean rooms. The rooms sizes are around 24 square meters. And they are your basic utility rooms with a space to hang your clothes, flat screen television, room safe, air con and a few odds and ends to make guests feel comfortable.

The Ibis is easy to find. Nana Entertainment Plaza's go go bars are about a 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel so the Ibis would be a great place to take a bar girl or freelancer back for short time. And there are a lot of freelancers lurking between NEP and down to the Ibis Nana on Suk Soi 4 when the sun goes down.

post-124-0-95422900-1370196653_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-64762600-1370196658_thumb.jpg

Bel-Aire Princess Hotel soi 5 Sukhumvit

BelAire Bangkok Hotel

I was very impressed with the place from the moment I walked in to the reception lobby. It was huge and so beautifully laid out and luxuriously furnished.

The staff at the reception counter were very friendly and courteous, welcoming smiles. Then I was told if I bring a guest back their is a 1000 baht joiners fee. My jaw hit the floor. oh well it was on a package deal, Nothing I could do about it now

I had a suite on a high floor with an awesome panoramic view of the City skyline. It was luxuriously furnished and had all the amenities to make the stay very relaxing and comfortable, satellite TV, IDD telephone, refrigerator, mini bar, internet access.
The inhouse restaurant served a variety of Thai, Indian, and western cuisines at the buffet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. I really enjoyed the buffet breakfasts.

The lounge was a nice place to relax while enjoying refreshing cocktails at the end of a long busy day.

It was very convenient taking the skytrain to the main shopping districts of the City, Emporeum, Central World Plaza, Gaysorn Plaza, Siam Center, Mah Boon Krong Shopping Center.

I had only booked under one person staying as it was a package deal now I wonder if I book for two on agoda, that I will not have to pay the joiners fee.We were getting 72 baht to the pound so i did not really care back then lol

post-124-0-25296100-1370197086_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-15069200-1370197160_thumb.jpg

Must be all Pattaya hands on this forum!

Here's my favorite BKK hotel:

Grand Business Inn Hotel

Sukhumvit Soi 11, right beside 7/11

Superior room 1,600.00 THB. Premier room 1,600.00  THB. Premier Suite 2,500.00  THB. Executive room 2,000.00  THB. Grand Suite 3,000.00  THB.

Guest friendly, very helpful, friendly staff, nice 24 hr restaurant.

Excellent travel agency associated with hotel.

Free high speed internet ports (can pay refundable 100 Baht deposit for network cable in case you don't have one) in rooms, and free internet access and wifi for hotel and restaurant guests in lobby. Safe deposit box in lobby, kettle in rooms. Cable TV, UBC, flat screen TVs, DVD players.

No pool, about 12 min walk away from Nana Plaza.

Right by Nana BTS station.

Guest friendly, no joiner fee. I have never had a problem with bringing an lb either for short time or long time (although I prefer postops!).  Visitor must leave ID card at front desk.  

Recommend to book in advance, a popular hotel

http://www.grandbusinessinn.net/index.htm

The Grand Business Inn soi 11 Sukhumvit Bangkok

The Grand Business Inn Hotel is about 15 min walk away from Nana Plaza. at the edge of soi 11 across the road from Zanzibar restaurant.

It is guest friendly and no extra charge for an extra guest

They supply extra towels, shampoo, soap, shower caps, without extra charge. 24 hr room service, in room high speed internet via network port, free wifi in the lobby/restaurant for hotel guests you must get password from reception. There are two workstations in the lobby for hotel guests to use free of charge, up to 30 minutes at a time, if someone is waiting.

Safe deposit boxes in reception. Restaurant has delicious food at reasonable prices. They also have a bakery so fresh scones, muffins and various breads are available. The is a coffee shop conected to the hotel as well.

All rooms have kettle, minibar (empty except for water, 7/11 is right beside hotel so easy to stock up with fav beverages), DVD, 25" Sony Wega tvs, UBC cable. The front desk also have DVD movies available for loan.

Rooms I paid 1600 baht a night back in December 2009 and I really enjoyed my stay. This hotel get the Rxpharm seal of approval as he was the guy who let me know about this hotel. 

post-124-0-34088500-1370197440_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-97902600-1370197446_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

LR, good stuff, thanks for posting! There are many hotels in the Sukhumvit area that are good value and many of the older ones are renovating/refurbishing to stay competitive.

Good to see you've tried Grand Business Inn! They are in the processing of upgrading the TVs to flat screens. Something else I've discovered. If you're a frequent repeat guest, they will allow you to borrow a wifi router for your room (of course with a refundable deposit) so you don't have to be tied to the high speed network port.

• Upvote 1

The Dynasty Inn soi 4 Nana Bangkok

I have only stayed at the Dynasty Inn 3 nights on the end of my February 2009 trip and at that time I was seeing Leyla from the Mambo show and she was the only one I took back there, which is a shame as far as the location goes it just by Nana Plaza and a short walk to Guess Bar.

On this visit I was staying in a standard room at the rear near the salon. I received a discount for staying more than 3 nights of 10%. I paid 1100 baht per night.

Dynasty Inn is situated almost next door to Nana Plaza and is guest friendly although if you have two guests at the same time then there is a 500 baht surcharge. You get told this at reception when checking in.

The standard rooms are quite large with en-suite facilities, cable TV and excellent air conditioning which is quiet and functional. The TV has somewhere in the region of 100 channels showing a mixture of Thai and foreign channels. There are also numerous channels showing football from the UK and throughout Europe. The main news channels are Fox, BBC World and al-Jazeera. 

Room service is excellent and reasonably priced, available 24 hours and very quick. There is a 10% service charge for room service. There is a wide choice of both Thai and foreigner options. I can recommend the spicy chicken fried rice - delicious and at around £3 excellent value. Two bottles of water are provided free each day when the room is serviced. The wireless internet is free but is switched off for an hour each day at around 6am for reasons unknown, this is Thailand. The speed is around 4mb/s download. I do find the rooms a bit outdated though with the wood panel walls and the tables at the side of the bed seem like marble tops. Just don't fall out of bed and split your head open on one. 

Even though I have only stayed there once I still tend eat there on each trip a couple of times, mainly breakfast and early evening grab a coffee or two.

Also it location is good for the skytrain

I do believe they have renovated a lot of the rooms 

post-124-0-56226300-1370197649_thumb.jpg

Ibis Hotel soi 4 Nana.The Ibis Nana Hotel Bangkok is not the only guest friendly hotels on Sukhumvit Soi 4. But it's certainly one of the cleanest and most affordable hotel to stay in Nana red light district. It's a big hotel with about 200 rooms and still quite new looking for a hotel that's 4 years old. Rate between 1200 baht to 1600 baht I use my A club card here and get my points plus dicountI have stayed at the Hotel Ibis 5 times so it most be doing something rightThe Ibis is a good quality hotel and I'd give it 7 out of 10. The reason being that it's a very minimal hotel. There is no swimming pool and no gym. I did recieve an email to say there is free internet Wi-Fi though and does count for something.The rooms at the Ibis are simple and nothing fancy. What I mean is that there are no suite rooms or deluxe or any other fancy room description with inflated rates.There are only 2 room types; standard with one double bed and standard with 2 twin beds. And that's all.As I mentioned before, the Ibis is a simple hotel with clean rooms. The rooms sizes are around 24 square meters. And they are your basic utility rooms with a space to hang your clothes, flat screen television, room safe, air con and a few odds and ends to make guests feel comfortable.The Ibis is easy to find. Nana Entertainment Plaza's go go bars are about a 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel so the Ibis would be a great place to take a bar girl or freelancer back for short time. And there are a lot of freelancers lurking between NEP and down to the Ibis Nana on Suk Soi 4 when the sun goes down.

They also do a really good lunch buffet for 200 baht

• Upvote 1

LR, good stuff, thanks for posting! There are many hotels in the Sukhumvit area that are good value and many of the older ones are renovating/refurbishing to stay competitive.

Good to see you've tried Grand Business Inn! They are in the processing of upgrading the TVs to flat screens. Something else I've discovered. If you're a frequent repeat guest, they will allow you to borrow a wifi router for your room (of course with a refundable deposit) so you don't have to be tied to the high speed network port.

Agreed a lot are renovating like Dynasty Inn and a few others as well. Also nice new hotels popping up all over the place.

Does the grumpy old female manager still work at Grand Business Inn ?

Dawin Nana Hotel soi 4 Bangkok

I booked The Dawin Hotel for my last two nights in the summer of  2010 trip

The check in was a breeze as the girls spoke good English. First thing I noticed was the clocks on the wall in different time zones. I was allocated room 603 as my request was to have a room close to the pool.and I was 3 doors away.

The lobby as a chic decor and the soothing ambience designed to inspire serenity. A place to sit and enjoy a newspaper or simply watch the world go by with a drink. I had the best coffee here in Bangkok. (stick yer Starbooks).

The hotel as a nice roof-top swimming pool though I found it a little small. There are sundeck loungers though no shade up on the roof. It as useful Internet corner available and the best wifi I have seen in a hotel in a hotel in Thailand. This contemporary dining spot boasts oversized windows overlooking the city street, and is open 24 hours a day to satisfy any cravings you may have for a midnight snack. I sat on the front veranda and had the Dawin burger and chips I have posted it before but yes their were 9 chips.

Overall it is a good hotel and again it's location location location situated on soi 4 just before The Ibis, in fact when I was up on the roof top pool I could see people booking into the Ibis as it looks right down on their reception. I took Moo from Guess here and it was a breeze staff ok LB friendly. Though to have another guest their is a 500 baht fee. 

I believe the price is around £34 on agoda now

The Dawin Bangkok Hotel

post-124-0-62076900-1370198521_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-81746200-1370198526_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-12112900-1370198532_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-20226800-1370198537_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-75474500-1370198616_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-41909200-1370198622_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

The Star Inn soi 7/1 Sukhumvit Bangkok

Star Inn

I stayed her for a couple of nights in 2011 on a budget

When you enter you go through the restaurant and the reception is right in the corner by the dangerous lift. I will get to that later. There is a 1000 baht key deposit for the room and you have to keep the reciept safe as to get your money back. Their are no in room safes but there are safety deposit boxes at reception.

Their is about a 10cm drop into the lift. I remember thinking if some one was a bit tippsy they could hurt themselves. To wich i did that very night.

The rooms are very small and old as is the bathroom but I was only paying 799 baht a night standard room and it was a budget hotel. Anyway I have slept in worse places in Bangkok when I was backpacking in 1991.

Overall location spot on food excellent and the hotel itself is very old and shabby looking. Ok if you are on a tight budget or have had 3000 liberated by the baht bus mafia.

better budget option just at the end of the soi called Maxim's Inn 

ps some have mirrored cielings.

post-124-0-16687700-1370198834_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-38039000-1370198838_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-21204800-1370198842_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-86363800-1370198846_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Heavan@4 Hotel Sukhumvit soi 4 Nana Bangkok

A lot as already been said about this hotel and posted over all the forums. I first noticed this hotel in June 2010 not long after it opened.

The hotel itself is a funky design and the rooms are modern with flat screen television electronic safe with a 3 digit number It also as free WI-FI in the rooms as well as the bar with decent priced beer and spirits.

For the perverts among us you can see into the shower from the bedroom as its a glass wall.

I won't go about the hotel as you can find many reviews but it is guest friendly and no charge.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/2-bangkok-accommodation/?p=92

• Upvote 1

Maxim's Inn soi7/1 Sukhumvit Bangkok

I stayed at Maxim's Inn in 2012.

Maxim's Inn

For me I found this to be one of the best budget hotels in the area as you can get a room here for less than 1000 baht. The rooms are clean and compact with an LCD television, Kettle with 2 coffee each day, fridge and in room safe big enough to fit a 11'9 netbook in and maybe a full size laptop.

The bathroom was of average size with a good shower pressure and towels plentyful.

The main reason for me staying in this soi is the BTS is just a minute away and when going to catch the bus to Pattaya it very handy.

Also Sweetheart Bar is just across from the hotel and as a few LBS working there.

post-124-0-11787000-1370199128_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1