Bangkok Accommodation

bumblebee

My Hotel of choice is majestic Suites its $2 Aus more per night than Woraburi and much closer to every thing.

The rooms are a bit on the small side but very clean and your guest is very welcome no questions asked. 

I stayed there a long time ago.  It's a great location Stoolie!

• 1 month later...

The Nana is, as far as I know guest friendly either GG or LB. I use to stay there during my times in BKK and took both back on a regular basis without problems. :biggrin: Your guests will be required to leave their ID cards with the guard in front of the lifts (although this might have changed as it has been a while since I visited :(). Your guests are not charged for their visit either short time or long time.

Hope this helps z0ran.

• Upvote 1

Citrus Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11

I choose this hotel asI have stayed at their sister hotel in Soi 13 a couple of times and I could not get my usual one bedroom suite at @Mind in On Nut as they had no rooms available.

The hotel itself is situated on the alley on Soi 11 that leads down on to Soi 3. It a brand new hotel that had only been open a few months.

The rooms are just slightly bigger than those on Soi 13. features..... of the room include, 32 LCD TV with multi-lingual channels, Individually Controlled Air- Conditioning, Wifi throught out that was contstant and never failed while I was there, Mini bar including condoms, tea & coffee including a kettle, in room electronic safe that could fit a large laptop. Key card electronic security and they give two cards so you can charge I pad or laptop while out and about, The walk in shower includes a rain shower.

Facilities.... Munch restaurant with a varanda for smokers. A tuk tuk that runs every half n hour, laundry service, Gym with a view of the city but no pool. I asked reception if it was ok to use the pool at Citrus Soi 13 and they rang the reception there to let them know I was on my way as they use a key card if the lift in Citrus 13 and they have a roof top pool.

The staff are very friendly and there is no joiners fee and it is ladyboy friendly

post-124-0-45750700-1438034452_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-71774000-1438034471_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-62918700-1438034485_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-77251300-1438034495_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-09898800-1438034509_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-03554500-1438034523_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-20415600-1438034531_thumb.jpg

post-124-0-85547500-1438034540_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys..

I'm thinking  to stay at icheck inn Nana soi7 for few nights, lots of  booking sites are coming up  over 1500bth  n hotels own site is showing 1,954..but if booked with  On Hotels it's only 1000bth

...Any of you guys used OnHotels for your booking.. ???

icheck inn Nana soi7 f

Billy, You're getting that price for iCheck Nana on Soi 7/1?  Some other iChecks are cheaper.

Never hear of On Hotels Billy but went on there and used a August 26th date and came up with $44 while on Booking.com came up with $39.  Maybe it's different for the dates you checked Billy.

Here's our sister site's Booking.com link to iCheck Nana.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/topic/2-bangkok-accommodation/?p=800

Guys, when using Booking.com, we would sure appreciate it if you used our links to it on Asia Hotel and Travel.  Same for Agoda and Hotels.com.   Thanks!    :hi:

• 5 months later...

RIP Darel.

Word on the street is that he left his keys and shoes at a Soi 19 massage shop and left in massage slippers. Climbing over balconies in massage slippers is not the wisest idea.

The American owner of "The Dollhouse," a go-go bar in Soi Cowboy, died yesterday after he fell 39 stories from his condominium in Sukhumvit 19.

Darel Davenport, 54, reportedly fell onto the second floor of a house located next to his condo building around 2:30pm yesterday while climbing over from the balcony of the next room to his because he forgot his keys.

Lumpini police said Davenport had locked himself out of his apartment and asked his neighbor if he could climb over from their balcony. His fingerprints were discovered on the wall at the scene as police concluded the case was an accident, Bangkok Post reported.

Police have contacted his Thai wife and will release the body to the family for funeral rites.

According to his employee Kitti Tongjiew, Davenport had lived in Thailand for several decades. His business The Dollhouse, one of the oldest bars in Soi Cowboy, has been flourishing for nearly 17 years.

However, Kitti told Thairath that the go-go bar was recently closed for a few weeks as Davenport was suffering from stress.

In his Facebook posts, which were marked public, Davenport had threatened to fire his employees over the past week and ranted that someone had been hacking his bank and Paypal accounts and the bar's Facebook page. He threatened to file a police complaint against the perpetrators.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/09/soi-cowboy-go-go-bar-owner-falls-death-his-condo

• 3 weeks later...

I choose this hotel asI have stayed at their sister hotel in Soi 13 a couple of times and I could not get my usual one bedroom suite at @Mind in On Nut as they had no rooms available.

The hotel itself is situated on the alley on Soi 11 that leads down on to Soi 3. It a brand new hotel that had only been open a few months.

Stayed here again on my last trip and they upgraded me to a bigger room, where the bathroom is hidden at the back leaving more space. This time I was situated at the front of the hotel and the view was not up to much as they were building a hotel across the way.

post-124-0-67851600-1456965492_thumb.jpe

post-124-0-35590000-1456965536_thumb.jpe

post-124-0-76223600-1456965745_thumb.jpe

post-124-0-04815100-1456965783_thumb.jpe

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Has anybody used Airbnb in Bangkok ? Was thinking it might be better but not sure about bringing back a lb or two. 

specifically what would the security be like? I presume there wouldn’t be the added security of reception keeping id cards etc

Thoughts ?

1 hour ago, Bimale said:

Has anybody used Airbnb in Bangkok ? Was thinking it might be better but not sure about bringing back a lb or two. 

specifically what would the security be like? I presume there wouldn’t be the added security of reception keeping id cards etc

Thoughts ?

I booked an AirBnB earlier this year, in OmniTower Soi 4. When bringing a girl, she had to leave ID at security officer downstairs. Similar to most hotels.

8 minutes ago, Dan Miller said:

I booked an AirBnB earlier this year, in OmniTower Soi 4. When bringing a girl, she had to leave ID at security officer downstairs. Similar to most hotels.

Thanks. The one I was looking at was in a residential condo block hopefully they would also have security. 

is the omni tower next to nana hotel? Recommended ?

Omni Tower is 100 mtr further down the Soi than Why Not bar. It probably depends on which condo you rent ... the one I stayed in (forgot the nr), wasn't that great. A lot of bugs  and a leakage in the bathroom, bad aircon ... kinda embarrassing to bring a girl over. Was happy to leave, won't return. But a friend has been there and liked it a lot (actually he booked again for this month)!

image.png.8d5f9e8981765a819ebf0322b0dece2d.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I stayed in Centre Pointe soi 10 which is on the same soi as CIB. I had a freelancer come in and I meet her 25m from the gate and walked in with her. They didn't stop her & I was kinda surprised. Not sure if that is the norm, but just sharing.

• Like 2

Just now, outsider said:

I stayed in Centre Pointe soi 10 which is on the same soi as CIB. I had a freelancer come in and I meet her 25m from the gate and walked in with her. They didn't stop her & I was kinda surprised. Not sure if that is the norm, but just sharing.

The Mercure hotel in Soi 11 is also very easy. Stayed there a lot, never ever got bothered by staff for IDs from my guests

• Like 1