The Big Breakfast

Guest route67

4 hours ago, Laawman said:

Can't fault the rewards card for B99 evening specials though.

How long does the Rewards Card last nowadays?  I think the expiration is on the card of the card rather than a specific time from the day of sale.  

Sometimes on Sunday there is a 199 baht lamb dinner that is just 99 baht with the card.  So if you don't have a Reward's Card but was going to order the lamb anyway then the card only costs an extra 99 baht.  Note even without the Rewards Card you can get a chicken dinner for 99 baht.  Big portion.

The Reward's Card also gives a free coffee refill with their brekkies.   That would be important to me if I didn't have a couple of cups at home before going out for breakfast.   But their coffee is not high quality not that one can expect a cheap brekkie to have high quality coffee.

Of all the places that have all day brekkie deals perhaps the best coffee is at At All Cafe directly across from Pitani.  They will serve you a proper latte or cappuccino with your breakfast for 89 baht.  But the food is subpar there. 

Prices going up everywhere though.  I heard the Irish Rogues raised their brekkie from 110 to 120 and saw a sign in Buzz's video of Andy that the Hideaway breakfast is now 105 baht.

46 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

How long does the Rewards Card last nowadays?  I think the expiration is on the card of the card rather than a specific time from the day of sale.  

Sometimes on Sunday there is a 199 baht lamb dinner that is just 99 baht with the card.  So if you don't have a Reward's Card but was going to order the lamb anyway then the card only costs an extra 99 baht.  Note even without the Rewards Card you can get a chicken dinner for 99 baht.  Big portion.

The Reward's Card also gives a free coffee refill with their brekkies.   That would be important to me if I didn't have a couple of cups at home before going out for breakfast.   But their coffee is not high quality not that one can expect a cheap brekkie to have high quality coffee.

Of all the places that have all day brekkie deals perhaps the best coffee is at At All Cafe directly across from Pitani.  They will serve you a proper latte or cappuccino with your breakfast for 89 baht.  But the food is subpar there. 

Prices going up everywhere though.  I heard the Irish Rogues raised their brekkie from 110 to 120 and saw a sign in Buzz's video of Andy that the Hideaway breakfast is now 105 baht.

Well, I got my rewards card on August 25th, and it's valid until Jan 31st. B199 for those that want to know - but it pays for itself in a week or less and can also be used at the Jomtien branch. The roast chicken dinner is friggin' massive and fills the plate so you'd better be hungry! Not really keen on the Nescafe instant coffee but prefer tea anyway so an extra cup is always welcome. Nonetheless, I shall be dining at Kung's again on the morrow!

https://www.facebook.com/kungshotsausage/menu

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 2:08 AM, Pdoggg said:

If there was a Romscar for best breakfast the Hideaway would get my vote.

Olde Rogues would now get my vote. The coffee that comes with the Hideaway brekkie is not same same as the coffee on the regular menu.

Just got a Like for an old post about Robin Hood but their 99 baht breakfast is long gone.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, Pdoggg said:

Olde Rogues would now get my vote.

are you talking about the place at the top of pratumnak  soi 5 P.D?

if so i decided to wear my food critic investigators hat and check it out today. Boy, i wish i hadn't.

Quite possibly one of the top 3 worst breakfasts i have ever had in Jomtien.

Look for the menu...NO! the only one in sight was being perused by someone, so i rashly thought that i'd just order a small breakfast. Big mistake.

a plate arrived, with food swimming in grease. Bacon must have been dipped in the fat for 3 seconds... it was raw.

The egg was cold and hard, it must have been cooked overnight.

and even worse in my book, Toast, butter, preserve came... but no separate knife to use. okay, use your brains Grunt thought i. Finish the main plate and clean the knife with a tissue!... easy... but no tissues !!!

Thinking of a plus, the tea came in a teapot, so kudos there.

but the food? i would rather have eaten hoss shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

i would rather have eaten hoss shit.

Spoken like a true cowpoke!    :biggrin:

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

are you talking about the place at the top of pratumnak  soi 5 P.D?

Just to make sure we're talking about the same place it is near the top of Pratumnak Soi 5, but not right at the top of the soi. Pic below.

orr.jpeg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Quinn said:

No pictures BBG ! ?

don't be daft Quinn!

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Just to make sure we're talking about the same place it is near the top of Pratumnak Soi 5,

that be it. I know that you like it P.D, but i wasn't being deliberately rude in my review.. i ate the beans, drank the tea, paid and left. Maybe a bad day, i don't know.

But as soon as i see food swimming in grease... i mosey along.

• Like 2