The Big Breakfast

Guest route67

• 6 months later...

The beans were Heinz (accept no substitute) baked beans,

In Phnom Penh, the Cavern Pub on Street 104 serves Heinz baked beans.

The Cavern Pub serves mainly British Pub food with a few local dishes. Every day there is a special.

Eggs on Toast - 2 Eggs. Over easy, Fried or Scrambled on 2 slices of toast   $2.00 Baked Beans on Toast - Heinz Baked beens on toast   $2.25 Bacon & Eggs on Toast -   $3.25 Bacon, Eggs & Baked Beans on Toast -   $5.00       Chilli on Toast - Mild chilli on toast   $3.50 Mince on Toast -   $3.50       Omelette - 3 Eggs pan fried in butter with a toasted baguette   $2.00 ................ a) Onion Add $0.50 ................ B) Tomato Add $0.50 ................ c) Cheese Add $1.50 ................ e) Bacon Add $1.00       Standard Breakfast   $5.00 Grilled tomato, 2 rashers of bacon, 1 Englsih breakfast sausage, Heinz baked beans, 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast, small glass of orange juice and 1 mug of coffee or tea.           Large Breakfast   $6.50 2 Grilled tomato, 4 rashers of bacon, 2 Englsih breakfast sausage, Heinz baked beans, 3 eggs, 2 slices of toast, small glass of orange juice and 1 mug of coffee or tea.           Pancakes with Syrup   $2.50 Banana Pancakes with Syrup   $3.50

• 8 months later...

It's not cheap but Continental Bakery in Jomtien has a quality breakfast served till it closes around 8PM.

No Nescafe here but an excellent cup of coffee comes with all brekkies.   :sign0196:

I don't eat eggs so most brekkies don't work for me so on my two visits once I hasd teh German breakfst and teh other timethe Bratwurst breakfast.

Excellent bread or toast comes with all breakfasts.

AC indoors or a fan cooled porch.

Bangkok Post and The Nation for your reading pleasure.

On the main road to between Theprasit and Jomtien 2nd Road.

PD ....There is another Continental bakery in Soi Xcite....just near Soi Chayapoon. Probably owned by same people with many different types of breakfasts. Its pretty good tucker. Just a little more expensive but worth it I think and has great coffee. Lattes just like i like 'em.

Cheers DK

post-117-0-94563000-1424177267_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-80164700-1424177287_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

This new place looks like it has some connection with owners or former owners of I Rovers.

The price is right.................FREE

WANT A FREE BREAKFAST? you heard right YES FREE BREAKFAST.

Well you can easy, Getting ready for our opening next week,all you have to do is LIKE our facebook retox page then go to
our new Bar located on Soi Lengkee check in there on Facebook and take a photo with our sign in the background (see attached photo for example)....then when we open ANY TIME in the first week order our Amazing Value 98 bahtbuster breakfast and show the staff your facebook photo with our sign in the background and you will get it ABSOLUTELY FREE ( 1 breakfast per person)

Also we will be launching our new "Bankbuster" breakfast with all grilled ,premium ingredients watch this space for details

AND THERES MORE.......just share this post and we will give you a FREE cup of TEA any time within first 7 days of opening (1 tea per person)

http://www.facebook.com/retoxpattaya

post-7348-0-85847400-1435821030_thumb.jp

post-7348-0-61588500-1435821049_thumb.jp

• 3 years later...

I-Rovers brekkie that was 99 baht is now 129 so no longer a great deal.

The Backpacker place across from Surprise Yourself has a 100 baht brekkie.

I think the Simple Simon brekkie on Soi5 in Jomtien is a very good deal as the meat and toast are high quality and you get 2 big cups of coffee.  Usually go there on Immigration days. 129 baht.

Passed by the Apex today (right next to The Base) and they still have their 150 baht breakfast buffet from 6AM until 12:30 PM according to the sign

Those hours don't fit well with my sleep rhythm bit perhaps I'll check it out on the morning after the US midterm elections.

Last time I went there was a good selection of food and all the coffee you can drink.

Like most buffets, the food is freshest the earlier you go.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2013 at 3:31 AM, mardhi said:

Simple Simons in Jomtien soi 5

Simple Simons has a good breakfast for 130 baht.  The sausage and bacon were high quality.  Don't know if the beans were Heinz but they do sell cans of Heinz beans there.   What I like best is that it comes with a mug of a coffee and a free refill.   The mug has about twice as much coffee as other brekkie joints so with the refill that's four times as much coffee.   So if you want to linger over a second cup while reading the Bangkok Post, Simple Simons is a good choice.

=========================================

There's a joint named Harry House a couple shops away from the Family Mart by the Tuesday/Friday market.  They have coffee and a croissant for 49 baht.  Much cheaper than Benjamit.  After 5PM, croissants are only 10 baht and they have various types such as chicken filled etc.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, bumblebee said:

Anyone know where the Triple J is?

Don't know where Triple J's is but went to Cheap Charlie's for a cheap breakfast this afternoon.

There 89 baht brekkie is pretty good value.  I don't eat eggs so told them no eggs.  The breakfast was quickly delivered with no eggs and a third sausage instead of the two promised on the menu perhaps since I didn't get eggs.  Also 2 slices of bacon, Canadian style rather than American style. two diagonally cut half slices of toast, one diagonally cut half slice of fried bread, beans, a tomato, OJ, and a mug of coffee. You can get tea instead of coffee.  With tip, 100 baht so it's a pretty good deal.  It's advertised as a small breakfast but it seemed pretty big to me.

On the menu is a roast chicken dinner for 99 baht which seems like a good deal too.  On the board some specials were listed and for Wednesday (not sure this Wednesday, every Wednesday, or every Wednesday this month) Indian Curry is 99 baht, another good deal. 

They also have a loyalty card which costs 199 baht. One benefit of the card is that all specials are just 99 baht, even if priced significantly higher.   Maybe there are some other benefits but wasn't in the mood for quizzing Thai staff about a promotion that some falang thought up.

The sign says beer is 49 baht so assume a Heineken would be just 49 baht.  Shakes are 49 baht.They have a few TV screens but it has the feel of a restaurant, not a sportsbar.  If one was just going there for beer there is an outside area right next to a sex massage joint.  

Had a close look at the Kateseree menu, the one near Soi Baby Boom.   Small Leo and Chang are 50 baht, large Leo and Chang 70 baht.  Tiger Light and Singha Liight are 55 baht. It doesn't say if ice buckets are free like the other Kateseree. Spy is 60 baht, and Breezers 80 baht.  Some joints prices for Spy and Breezers are way out of line with beer prices.  For comparison I pooped into the Family Mart on Soi 15 that has three tables outside.  Leo was 39 baht, Spy only 32 baht, and Breezers 49 baht.  It can get expensive to bring the missus to a place that might have reasonably priced beer but high prices for Breezers. 

• Like 1

For about a week Nicky's have been offering an 'Early Bird Special' breakfast for B130, it is available from 8am to 11am.

It is the same as the normal breakfast, as shown above in Duke's post, minus the cereal and the optional extra cuppa. In other words, it is the second of the two images.

Always good to have options but personally, if having a cooked breakfast, I'd always take the normal Nicky's breakfast for B165 without the time restriction.

I don't eat that many cooked breakfasts but all this talk and thought of it has got my taste buds tingling. I think I'll have one later, for afternoonsies.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Triple J on the Soi down the right of Tukcom as you face it from Pattaya Tai does a nice set up for 99 Baht.  The photo on the sign shows a black pudding, but better to ask for it as it’s not on the list of contents in the menu.  Here is what I had minus tomatoes as I don’t like them.  Well worth a try and a nice sized mug of tea.

B75B8C81-11CF-473A-861C-7487D2E0FE60.jpeg

B813F80F-895E-467D-9671-92D29F21BAE4.jpeg

C6CB793D-DE1D-41E8-947B-4D8CB37E4906.jpeg

4237B14D-A5A5-4E9B-8C34-4FCC4DB349A1.jpeg

0CAA821C-9AF2-46EB-B95D-63C158A5D4B3.jpeg

933C6F39-C34C-4895-A8FE-72D822920D30.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Triple J on the Soi down the right of Tukcom as you face it from Pattaya Tai does a nice set up for 99 Baht.  The photo on the sign shows a black pudding, but better to ask for it as it’s not on the list of contents in the menu.  Here is what I had minus tomatoes as I don’t like them.  Well worth a try and a nice sized mug of tea.

B75B8C81-11CF-473A-861C-7487D2E0FE60.jpeg

B813F80F-895E-467D-9671-92D29F21BAE4.jpeg

C6CB793D-DE1D-41E8-947B-4D8CB37E4906.jpeg

4237B14D-A5A5-4E9B-8C34-4FCC4DB349A1.jpeg

0CAA821C-9AF2-46EB-B95D-63C158A5D4B3.jpeg

933C6F39-C34C-4895-A8FE-72D822920D30.jpeg

Do they also serve a boom boom brekkie? 

On 10/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, Pdoggg said:

Cheap Charlie's

roast chicken dinner for 99 baht

Was hungry as hell at 9PM as all I had to eat all day was 2 slices of toast so figured it would be a good time to revisit CC and had the roast chicken dinner again.  Chicken was good.  Stuffing was more like a pastry than American stuffing but that's OK.  Both mashed and roast potatoes.  Veggies, broccoli, carrots, and cabbage were all cold. In hindsight, I could have just asked the waitress to microwave them for a minute.  Black pudding advertised but not served.  Did not get served black pudding last time either.  Not 100% sure what black pudding is but don't think anything on the plate could have been it. But my plate was so full if they gave me black pudding there wouldn't have been room for something else and I like it all.   Gravy.   Lots of food. No way I would go out afterward as I was way to stuffed.  Tremendous value.

16 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Black pudding advertised but not served.  Did not get served black pudding last time either.  Not 100% sure what black pudding is but don't think anything on the plate could have been it. But my plate was so full if they gave me black pudding there wouldn't have been room for something else and I like it all.  

Black pudding is a blood pudding made with pigs' blood, pork fat and oatmeal. It's usually eaten with a fried breakfast. I wouldn't expect it to be served with a roast chicken dinner.

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 11.12.54.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 2:15 AM, globetrotter1 said:

Do they also serve a boom boom brekkie? 

Friday is the one day that I usually eat out since teerak starts work early that day.

Since I was hungry and in the area decided to check out Triple J.  I like trying anywhere that looks good once and there is a table outside next to a massage shop with I had previously noticed some twinks so perhaps you could call that a boom boom brekkie.  But alas at least for today the twinkiest was still a bridge too far.

I forgot to take a pic to post on Fecebook but as BB mentioned there was no black pudding and there was also no eggs since I asked for no eggs.

One difference between Triple J and the other breakfast joints is that for the first time I liked the fried bread.  It tasted more like buttered toast than the crunchy super oiled up bread in the other joints. 

• Like 1

Have to go with Nikkys best breakfast I have had in Patts

Am on a special no carbs diet for my diabetes

But not when in Patts, looking forward to some toast and chips, nothing like flying 6500 miles to get chips.

Am staying at Baby Boom for 3 weeks, thought why bother with TF when there is a room full at your beck and call

The other place which i find ok is the Hungary Hippo