Paultain 2007-2010

paultain

And thanks for your lengthy response too Paul!.. It’s exhausting isn’t it!

Re gunman: Yeah my training was always to ‘go in’ when encountering that type of situation, it’s your best defense (but my training was with knives n’ stuff, not fucking guns)!.. I like the theory, but not the practice!

I can only imagine what it must have been like growing up in Northern Ireland; it must have been sheer hell a lot of the time!

The Art: I love, Frank Frazetta, Boris Vallejo & the other one of the same ilk Chris Achellios (I’m sure you know of him)! It’s the sort of stuff I wanted to emulate when I started out, but drawing silly noses got the better of me!… I’m afraid I’m down on the Whoopee cushion level mate & anyway, I’m a lazy bastard… It’s quick & for me at least (because it’s my natural leaning) & easier too… Interesting you mention your seven colour method, the best artist I ever worked with who did ‘photographic realism’ work (film posters, that sort of stuff), only ever used three colours, how about that!? I’m actually a quick draw artist & watercolourist. I kinda like the fear of only having one chance or your fucked… Better on paper than in real life!

I’m really glad to hear that you sell your work, good on you!... And, BTW, its things like the test pieces that I actually really enjoy looking at. Anyway, thanks for sharing your work, it’s not an easy thing to do, it’s a bit like standing naked in front of strangers (fun but scary).

Dear: You must have set that bar fucking high mate… I’m one sexy old bastard!.. Still Karl did his job & covered your back whilst not letting on; she was behind the bar & kept away from the prying public for the duration that I was there. And has you stated only allowed proper contact with a select few, How the fuck do you get on that list?

I could see that there was another person inside & that’s probably why I persevered… At any rate, glad you got a good reception on the other sites.

My sketches & banishment: I might just open that thread, enough FM’s are making really nice comments about my cartoons, so maybe I’ll run it by PDogg.

I was always asked to do it before on the other site & I never gave a reason why I didn’t… Well here it is…

A lot of people were surprised (still are) that I got booted off the other site, but most of them never read a lot of stuff that got pulled, I’d got in fights from day one because BM’s, on the whole, don’t like ‘old hands’ who are forum newbies, they think you're bullshitting & they most definitely won’t be told what’s what by you.

It was just unfortunate, I'd never been on a forum in my entire life, I was only trying to find info about the bereavement of one of my most favorite girls 'Knok' from DiDi's Bar, (I hate social networking sites, as a rule)! I knew nothing of forum etiquette & the tone at the time was rather laddish... So I went with it & the 'modmin' just thought I was a hooligan, especially after a few spats with some of 'The Good ole' Boys' who were chasing me down. They then slapped the highest & longest running 'warn level', ever handed out, on me, rather than a straight ban!?(Apparently, because my posts were popular they were lenient)!?

Plus a hell of a lot went on behind the scenes too Paul, I like 'if poss' to fight my battles in private & none of that helped any.

To them I wasn't a safe pair of hands!.. And they didn't realize that they were creating me, because after looking around the site I thought their stance was unfair, so I kept playing up & lost the incentive to initiate any threads of any kind.

Final straw came when some of the 'modmin' had a laugh at poor old KenW's expense (we stick up for each other & our forum experiences are not dissimilar) Anyway, I saw red & blasted them. They got rid of the pair of us, there & then! No explanations!

Anyway, PDogg said not to bring any baggage on the site so I’ll stop now.

Right I’ve bored everyone to death now… So here they are my humble offerings of rebuffed affection for Dear…

post-224-083006100 1304496606.jpg

post-224-099061100 1304496750.jpg

Edited by Lung

And thanks for your lengthy response too Paul!.. It’s exhausting isn’t it!

The Art: I’m actually a quick draw artist & watercolourist. I kinda like the fear of only having one chance or your fucked… Better on paper than in real life!

Dear: You must have set that bar fucking high mate…

My sketches & banishment: I might just open that thread, enough FM’s are making really nice comments about my cartoons, so maybe I’ll run it by PDogg.

BM’s, on the whole, don’t like ‘old hands’ who are forum newbies, they think your full of fanciful shite & they most definitely don’t like being told what’s what!

As we say back home.... "You and I could talk the leg off a donkey"...LOL

Man, I can't stand using water colors, your absolutely right in what you say, "the fear of only having one chance or your fucked…" I guess that's why I use oils, as it's more like sculpturing a piece of clay, being able to move it around, alter it, or simply get a rag and wipe it off, before it dries.

I shouldn't think I set any bar high on the subject of Dear.... but I think I just got into her head a bit more that others. The way she felt about herself, she was trying to only do cashier and barmaid, and Karl looked after her by giving her a bit of extra cash, as he did need someone he could trust. But I guess the same surrounding got to her a bit, and she went home.

She doesn't have a phone, and wont tolerate one, and it rare she would use the net. Anyway, the thing that is motivating her now is, "When are we going on our next holiday?", so she's picking me up at the airport in June. I don't mind at all, as she's a great pal, but I'll be giving her a good talking to, to move on.

As you said;"BM’s, on the whole, don’t like ‘old hands’ who are forum newbies,"

Yes I agree with you there, as it happened to me also..... They tend to assume your experience,looking at the date you join, and not by your experience in the field. Reading your posts, I could tell right away you were a well seasoned monger in the field, and sometimes laugh 'that was me also'

Anyway, glad your considering posting your art, and I look forward to it, and thanks for the contributions of the Dear sketches.

Cheers good buddy

• 1 year later...

The Three Musketeers and a Few More! (Continued)

Day 19 (The road trip continued)

The Monkey Training School, the Death Railway, and ‘Hell’s Fire Pass’.

We thought we were simply heading back down river to Kanchanaburi, but as it was still a mystery tour, we moored along side another barge that was there by the riverbank of this temple, and disembarked through the other barge to shore. Lita herded us all into a monkey training school, and to our surprise there was no cover charge, nor was donations asked from us.

post-192-003037900 1304184460.jpgpost-192-072145500 1304184493.jpg

Inside there was a little arena for a bit of a free show on how the monkeys were trained to harvest coconuts, and a few other tricks. These monkeys would be trained, and hired out to farmers come harvest time, so that’s how they make their money, and the show was only for educating the Thai’s.

The show began with this little evil looking monkey, starting off with his hands cupped together and gave a wei, when the lady trainer said “Sawasdee Ka”, and then proceeded to show how they are trained, first using gadgets on the ground, before they are sent up the tree to twist and kick off only the ripe coconuts. Then went on to do some tricks, but all the wile giving me dirty looks as if to say, “I’ll knock fuck out of you mister, if you keep looking at me like that!”

post-192-085673400 1304184562.jpg

This little evil monkey had to do a trick, which was 10 numbers painted on small wooden tiles, face down on the ground after being shuffled by a member of the audience. Then the monkey was asked to pick out number 5, and sure enough he did it. I’m sure the monkey cheated, as the number must have had a mark on the back, and wile the audience clapped, he was still looking at me as if to say, “Aye! I suppose your going to tell everyone how I did that!”

post-192-018225500 1304184598.jpg

I’m sure the lady trainer noticed this mental conversation between me and the monkey, because she came straight for me, to volunteer to beat the monkey at the same trick, but I was allowed 3 chances, as I’m only a mere human. First she made me face the audience just like the monkey did, and told me to wei to them, so I cupped my hands together, bowed, and said, “Sawasdee khrap”, and she turn and said to me, “Aahhh! That’s a good monkey!” “What was that?” “Oh, nothing sir!”

post-192-066736200 1304184628.jpg

Then she asked me to pick out number 9, so I went over and right away, I picked up number 6, turned it upside down, and said, “There you go missus!” “No, no! that’s number 6!” So the comedy started with me and her arguing, then I eventually had another go and actually picked out number 9, so I beat the monkey, and won a banana. Now that I had '69' in my hands, I started to tease her, that it was my favorite number, and did she know what I meant, with a nudge and a wink.

post-192-054156700 1304184656.jpgpost-192-093486100 1304184676.jpg

Then ‘Dear’ was asked to compete with another monkey at basket ball, and the monkey got the ball in the basket the third go, but ‘Dear’ got it on the second go, and won another banana. Thinking we had won a free breakfast was short lived, as we were not allowed to leave the compound with the banana’s, and had to feed them to the monkey’s on the way out. That evil monkey I beat, now had a big smile on when he saw the banana, “Well you can fuck off mate… you cheating bastard!” And I gave the banana to the gibbon…. Fuck him, that’ll teach him.

post-192-060472300 1304184711.jpg

Just outside the monkey compound we all climbed a steep embankment, onto the tracks of the “Death Railway” and walked up towards the Japanese Buddha, through the ‘Hell’s Fire Pass’ and took some photos, where Fie Dollah, FatboyUK, and I, posed for a photo, with Fie Dollah saying, “Right lads! Lets show the guys back home, the day we had building the bloody railway!” Bloody was a good word for it, as the tracks were splattered with blood, from big bastard snakes, that were chopped up to bits by the wheels of the train, as they tried to cross the tracks. Everywhere we walked, there were bits of big snakes all over the place, and at that point ‘Fie Dollah’ was winding up FatboyUK, who would shit himself if he saw a snake, “Watch out for snakes jumping out of the bushes and biting you!” That big fella was a bunch of nerves the whole way up the tracks, watching out for any kind of movement in the bushes, and couldn’t wait to get back on the boat.

One rare thing we did see was something like a komodo dragon, about the size of the average crocodile, chopped in half by the tracks. As it was so hot there we left our shirts on the barge, and when we got to the gates of the Buddha, I ask the guys not to go any farther out of respect, as we were improperly dressed to enter, and advised them that there is a dress code when entering a temple.

All the Thai’s passing us, were mostly taking photos of us with the girls, as it was a rare occasion to see so many LB’s in one place, and they were over the moon with us. And as we made out way back down the embankment, some of the Thais stopped us, asking could they take photos of us with our LB’s. So Dear and I stopped to pose for some snaps, when I heard ‘Fie Dollah’ shouting at the Thai’s from behind me, “Here I’ll give you a pose mate!” and the Thai’s taking our photo all started to jump about, all excited, and giggling like school girls, pushing past Dear and I, to quickly take photo’s of ‘Fie Dollah’ and Tar. I turned to see what all the excitement was all about, and there was ‘Fie Dollah’ who pulled one of Tar’s tit’s out, bent over, with his tongue on her nipple, with a big smile. And after the snaps where took, ‘Fie Dollah’ was getting a pat on the back from the Thai’s saying, “You vely good man… thank you, thank you!”…….. dirty, dirty, bastard!..... I recon it’s people like ‘Fie Dollah’ that gives us farangs a bad name.

post-192-029352300 1304184772.jpgpost-192-062107400 1304184796.jpgpost-192-096714400 1304184834.jpgpost-192-046318400 1304184876.jpgpost-192-031282100 1304184906.jpgpost-192-086954400 1304184933.jpgpost-192-033187100 1304184957.jpgpost-192-022547300 1304184985.jpg

This is a great read. For your information, thoese shots above are not in Hellfire Pass. The pass is way above where the rail line ends about 30K.

• 3 years later...

This was posted by fantasy lounge on the PLB forum 1 hour ago, Im sure he wont mind it being posted here 

""(Friends of Paultain in Holland have requested I post this on their behalf)

We can now tell you that Paul will be cremated on Saturday 19th December 2015

At 11 Oclock, it will be a small service done by a priest to bless Pauls body before he is cremated, and in a month Pauls ashes will be sent back to Northern Ireland where his mother will scatter his ashes over his Fathers grave.

All we know is that Paul died of Natural causes.

So it is my pleasure to inform the forum.

Regards"

• 1 year later...
On ‎15‎-‎12‎-‎2015 at 11:50 AM, Pdoggg said:
Some sad news to report, Paultain has passed away. 

I figured the best way to honor his memory is to bump his thread which chronicles his 2007-2010 adventures in he LOS..  He has a way with words and will certainly be missed.

RIP.  

Had the honor to meet him once in Thailand way back at the beer garden , indeed a gentleman i Always look up to......

Greetz , Stealth

• 4 years later...
On 12/15/2015 at 10:50 AM, Pdoggg said:
Some sad news to report, Paultain has passed away. 

I figured the best way to honor his memory is to bump his thread which chronicles his 2007-2010 adventures in he LOS..  He has a way with words and will certainly be missed.

RIP.  

Bumped.