Femboy: Origin of the Word?

bumblebee

I vaguely recall some discussion many years ago about the origin of the word femboy.  I think maybe Stogie himself claimed he coined it, perhaps he did for all I know.  

Nowadays is is such an everyday term in our little world but it had to start somewhere.  As TLF goes back 10 years now I would not be surprised if that's where it came from.  Perhaps some of you here can shed some light on the genesis of it.

This should be interesting to hear about from the long time LOS veterans, as I've always wondered the same myself! I first heard it used to me after having a threesome at Famous and someone told me "thats a great femboy threesome!" I thought I just had a nice ladyboy threesome!!!  :shok:

"thats a great femboy threesome!" I thought I just had a nice ladyboy threesome!!!  :shok:

To me if they're at Famous or Sensations then they are ladyboys.

I remember the word first being used to refer to short haired Sunee style types.

A necessary but not sufficient condition was that (s)he not have silicone.

But language evolves and nowadays many guys refer to any ladyboy without siliycone as a femboy.

I don't like that definition but guess I have to live with it.

To me a true Femboy is a cute androgynous type that is not a ladyboy.  If she wanted to she could dress as a girl and be smoking hot.  The litmus test is does (s)he use the ladies toilet.  If so, then a ladyboy, not a Femboy.

Here's an example (on the left) of what I consider a Femboy.

post-45-0-72267300-1366963212.jpg

post-45-0-00248700-1366963389_thumb.jpg

I am quite sure the "fem" in femboy originates from the word effeminate.

If that is the case PD's pic above is an accurate example of a femboy.

I agree with PD. It has always annoyed me the labelling of LB's as femboys just because they no hab titties. :mad0245:

Just one example (i could give hundreds)......Chocolate has no tits and I definately would not call her a femboy. I would call her a beautiful Ladyboy.

Cheers DK

• Like 1

To me if they're at Famous or Sensations then they are ladyboys.

I remember the word first being used to refer to short haired Sunee style types.

So do you reckon the guys using the word at that period invented it?  i know Stogie was a fan of Sunee so perhaps he had to come up with a new word to describe what he saw as ladyboy was not really appropriate.  It's 8 years now but if my memory serves me well the word was more in use on TLF than on LB-69 when I started to use both forums.

I am quite sure the "fem" in femboy originates from the word effeminate.

If that is the case PD's pic above is an accurate example of a femboy.

I agree with PD. It has always annoyed me the labelling of LB's as femboys just because they no hab titties. :mad0245:

Just one example (i could give hundreds)......Chocolate has no tits and I definately would not call her a femboy. I would call her a beautiful Ladyboy.

Cheers DK

I agree with you DK the fem probably comes from effeminate or a variation of it.  I am not really concerned about the definition of the word here, god knows that topic has be flogged to death and I'd hate this thread to go on a tangent in that direction, but just curious if it came from our scene in the last 10 year or goes back much longer.  

Could be Bali Ken who coined it. He used to take them back to his appt  and dress them up in Nurses Uniforms. Bali Ken was "Mr Sunee" back in them days.  Where is that old bugger now?.. what a perv he was

It means feminine boy from memory,nothing more or less .Or ladyboys in training ... although Lefty pointed out an older Femboy in corner bar who was around 30. I think Chinese call them types Cissyboys.(translated from mandarin on Chinese sites).. those that never move on to Ladyboyhood and dont take . Although in the west this usually means some ugly 40 something in womans underwear.

• Upvote 1

I've heard ladyboys using the word femboy (feminine boy) too. Although the word ladyboy or katoey is far more common among Thais, probably because of the company most people keep. But often Thais (ladyboys) will refer to a gay guy as a ladyboy because that's the way they see it.

I'd shudder to think any credit for the word femboy is handed out to Stogie, plus I doubt the Thais I've heard using it ever visited TLF.

The use of the word femboy to describe anything in girl's clothes without silicone bugs me too. Probably born from the PLB followers being influenced by the mis-informed guru's over there.

• Like 1

Here is a fairly accurate (IMHO) desciption of a femboy taken from the Urban Dictionary.

"A femboy is a person, typically under the age of 30 years, who is biologically male. However, this person will often present himself in a very feminine manner. This behavior may be exhibited part of the time, or all of the time.

Femboys are not to be confused with ladyboys, who are a type of Asian male to female transsexual.

Femboys are also different from cross-dressers. Despite being feminine, femboys do not necessarily wear clothing designed for females, but this is very common.

The fact that one is a femboy says nothing about one's sexuality. Femboys may be straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or of any other sexuality.

It is also not necessarily indicative of one's gender identity. A femboy may still identify as male, or he may wish to be identified as female. However, it is common for femboys to be bigender."

Cheers DK

wheres Kahuna when you need him..he would be ranting by now as he has lost sleepness nights on this. 

As far as im concerned was meant to describe 18 or 19 YO boys in transition and were basically still more boy than ladyboy. Hormones or not  ...Pigdogg pic is basically what we are on about

In fact the word may have orginated in the soi VC strip so Gays in the queer bars and beer bars had a handy term for them 

as Dixon stated , Thai Lbs just call any feminine bloke a Ladyboy

I have no knowledge of this Stogie guy nor those other sites mentioned.

But as I recall I have been using the term femboy ever since I arrived to live in Asia. Or maybe even before?

bb, I think the origin of it is far older and broader than just some Pattays guy or a couple of Thai related LB websites.

I have no idea where I first heard it, but the pretties I began running with here in VN and elsewhere just fit that category. They were no way LBs. But they weren't just gayboys either - another term I have used for aeons. They were more fem than your usual mincing gayboys.

That entire Sunee spectrum of gayboys - femboys - even the odd LB, captures it all for me, and does not in any way seem recent - or localised to Sunee or Pattaya - in my blurred damaged memory.

• Like 1

Could be Bali Ken who coined it. He used to take them back to his appt  and dress them up in Nurses Uniforms. Bali Ken was "Mr Sunee" back in them days.  Where is that old bugger now?.

GREAT guy!  He was kind enough to show me around Bali when I was "working" down there and I saw him last summer in Pattaya as well; we met at a small Aussie beer bar near Central festival; man, can that guy drink!   I have never seen someone pound 10 or 12 beers and still look and act completely normal, it's actually quite amazing. Living with a female now and divorced from his crazy Indo wife, not sure if he's still into the LB's.

Not sure of the origin of that word, but for sure it was used often on the TLF forums way-back-when. 

There seems to be many different takes on what it means to be a "femboy", but for me it was always the skinny, cute LB's with feminine faces and short [but not BOY short] hair.   And certainly no type of operations or enhancements, all natural.

I was always into that style of LB, and still would choose that kind if I was picking one today.

Below - if you use my description of a femboy, Daisy from Chiang Mai would fit perfectly.

post-107-0-72577500-1367077649_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-17055900-1367077654_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow, I just love the name DAISY for a cute femboy or ladyboy. The name itself makes me delirious and extremely weak in the knees. Goodness...

Her face was sad and lovely with bright things in it, bright eyes and a bright passionate mouth, but there was an excitement in her voice that men who had cared for her found difficult to forget: a singing compulsion, a whispered “Listen,” a promise that she had done gay, exciting things just a while since and that there were gay, exciting things hovering in the next hour.
  • Like 1

Her face was sad and lovely with bright things in it, bright eyes and a bright passionate mouth, but there was an excitement in her voice that men who had cared for her found difficult to forget: a singing compulsion, a whispered “Listen,” a promise that she had done gay, exciting things just a while since and that there were gay, exciting things hovering in the next hour.

Though FSF was talking about Daisy Buchanan, the exciting gay things that can be done with Daisy from Chiang Mai blows the mind.  Femboy or ladyboy, she is smoking hot!

There was a thread on the old Ladyboy Forums started by a true femboy-lover......was by far the largest thread ever over there, and had well over 150 pages and probably a thousand or more pics.

Many of us have the exact same interests; I will be happy to add to your thread Wildrover, I have tons of stuff on my hard drive you guys would surely love.