Pattaya 2-3 months accommodation with good fitness/pool

jerrysingapore

Yeah, but the gym would have to be really close to the apartment to make that workable

Would prefer an apartment (maybe hotel) with in house fitness facilities, but will check this idea out as well

Or maybe apartment with good pool but no gym, then walk to gym when required

An apartment with no pool at all like the Mosaik seems very "bare" to me.....can't just pop downstairs and read a book by the pool.

But thanks for the idea

Definitely want to be in central/south Pattaya. Don't want to hire a car, and definitely don't want to take motor cycle taxis, so being on the main baht bus routes is a must.

Can't find websites for UCC, VCC

I think I want something a bit more up market than that, or might pop down to Pattaya for a few days next week to look at those places

Not too sure about being in the heart of Sunee!! People might think I am gay!  8P

''View Talay Condo near Central Festival may be a good fit for you.''

Jerry, I think that would be perfect for you.  Very similar to where you are staying now in BKK and with a great view of the ocean, right next to Central also, which has a western grocery store and many restaurant choices.  If I were going back to Pattaya that's most likely where I would stay; I wasn't all that impressed with Yensabai although the pool IS very large and well-maintained.

So, 2-3 months in Pattaya, eh?  Temple-viewing and lots of time time spent in the library, no doubt :biggrin:

I stayed there for a weekend, only issue I had was no internet in the apartment I rented.

A lot of the units are individually owned and then rented out by management company, so furnishings and amenities (kitchen type,tv,dvd,....) vary.

You might want to look at a whatever units they have available and pick the one you like.

dancewatcher's cheapest VT6 condo is 27,500 baht a month + electricity + maid service. Probably 35k a month total for a 48 sq m studio.

There know I've read there is a rental office at VT6 but I can't find a link anywhere. Maybe someone can come up with it. There are a couple of other places that rent VT6 if you do a web search for "View Talay 6 rentals".

Dancewatcher's prices always seemed high to me. But seems cheap to a guy staying for two weeks much cheaper than a hotel.

Dancewatcher has a reliable reputation though.

At View Talay, it really depends how units are decorated.  But I think very palin small rooms start at around 15K.

I did not find the pool enticing but it's OK/ 

Dancewatcher's prices always seemed high to me. But seems cheap to a guy staying for two weeks much cheaper than a hotel.

Dancewatcher has a reliable reputation though.

At View Talay, it really depends how units are decorated.  But I think very palin small rooms start at around 15K.

I did not find the pool enticing but it's OK/ 

I agree the pool is OK, but not fantastic.....and the big downer is no gym as far as I can see

Prices depend on the position of the unit. High floor, Walking St side are higher than low (or high) floor on Naklua side. Don't see any point in staying at this place if the view out your window is the Hilton Hotel and Central Festival mall!!

It looks like there are 3 or 4 agents in the building that sell/rent units there. I assume Dancewatchers is one of them, and everyone says good things about them. But they are not interested in any kind of conversation.....they just say "look at website and send in your deposit".

Does anyone have any experience of these companies? ie who has the best units, reliable/trustworthy

And another idea here:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2801-suggestions-on-rooms-close-to-sensations-bar/?p=54251

If you will be arriving now in low season then I would not commit without seeing the place as many unites will be available.

I'd book some place for a couple of nights and look at 6 or 7 places.

Lastly if you are staying for let's say two and a half month, many condos will try to charge you the daily rate for the extra two weeks while other places prorate the monthly rate.  Good idea to get crystal clear in writing their policy in that regard,

You may want to take a look at this place http://maxxcentral.com/

it's a little out of the way but only a couple of blocks from soi Bukhao. I was planning to stay there but they were fully booked when I got in to town. 

I had two friends that stayed at Maxx Central a couple of years ago. At that time the walk from 3rd Road was a little uncomfortable (dark, etc) at night. Maybe that has changed by now. They had rented motorbikes so were less concerned.

But the OP wanted to be near the main baht bus loop I think.