Pattaya=Ladyboys?

bumblebee

There was a thread recently about why there is no Pattaya section and one comment was along the lines that, as so many posts are about Pattaya that by default the LB scene to a large majority of guys is Pattaya.

There is definitely a huge focus on Pattaya nowadays regarding the ladyboy scene. Bkk seems to be a stop off at the beginning or end of a guy's trip, and for some, those stop overs have gotten shorter, probably because of the value Pattaya can offer in this time of dreadful exchange rates, the concentration of various forum members there and the variety of bars.  

Most of the Bkk reports seem to come from guys who live there or spend time there on business along with guys as i said passing thro', on their way to a beach resort mostly likely.

I am curious do others see it the same way, will Pattaya continue to attract the increasing majority of ladyboy lovers (well the ones who post about it) and if so, is it for the reasons mentioned.  Has Pattaya become the by word for the ladyboy scene in Thailand?

BB, from everything that i'm reading Pattaya is the new Bkk. (regarding the Ladyboy scene).  Its seems like the major focus for Bkk lovers are the more fem and truly lady-like lbs and patts is more for the to mongers.  Personally, I think Patts has more  ofter in both depts.  I did at one time think to make Bkk my base and then travel down to patts, but now I try to stay away from Bkk as much as possible. Don't ge me wrong, I do love the scenery in Bkk, but with Guess on the decline and prices in bkk increasing, patts wins by default.  I will add more shortly............

Neo24

As far as I'm concerned I can find whatever style I want in BKK. Paying for it, meals, drinks, and hotels is another matter. I like BKK but I simply spend more money and it's much easier to find a reasonably prices apartment in Pattaya for long stays.

• Upvote 1

When I travel to the Holy Land I always spend time in Bangkok. It's a must. I have many pleasant and wonderful memories of Bangkok and enjoy getting back there to cruise around. Yes Pattaya lends itself more to what I am interested in however nothing beats the excitement of Soi 4, Sukhumvit in the wee hours, Soi Cowboy for variety, early morning/mid afternoon blow jobs at Lolita's and all the other terrific stuff Bangkok has to offer. I've had some tremendous times there in the past. Watching the parade at 6pm from my perch at Lucky Luke's or Big Dog's. Watching the exit from Nana at 2am while surrounded by all types and sorts of available pussy and cock. There is a place in my heart for both Bangkok and Pattaya. 

Pattaya is fun, Bangkok less so.

More and More girls in Bangkok are asking silly money (A friend was quoted 12,000 Baht over the weekend), or giving lists of rules (1 hour only, 500 Baht surcharge if we don't use short time room at Nana, etc...)

Plus the fact that the girls at Obsession ignore you if there are any Japanese in the bar (nothing racist here, the girls just know the Japanese spend more money and finish quicker).

All of this kills the fun factor, the GFE is as romantic as ordering a burger at McDonalds.

None of this applies to Pattaya, the girls are still fun. They like to go out and party ( I finished with one girl, and then she invited me out to Dave Man Club with her LB friends "Lots of cocks" she says).

Plus, I go for the waters

PS. I'm also staying near Soi Bocaow these days, there is a lot of action there. Bars, Massage, Freelancers, etc...

• Upvote 1

Watching the exit from Nana at 2am while surrounded by all types and sorts of available pussy and cock. 

I often stand at the entrance to Nana and try and snag one coming out that maybe I saw earlier. In the past everything shut down exactly at 2 AM creating a mass exodus from Nana. My last trip (February) there wasn't a rush out as in the past. Guys were still drinking beers at the open air bars later than usual. The girls were still coming out at 2:45 when I got bored and headed for the street bars. A raid will probably restore order.   

I like the class and elegance in Pattaya.

A man of wealth and taste... :girl_devil:

Iv'e always been a Pattaya person and love it over Bkk any day. The main reason being that there are so many places to explore and hunt out single or bunches of LB's in a vast area.,

If for any reason there is a problem with a girl or the place just sucks that night then your options are endless. From Walking St to Naklua 

As mentioned too the girls on the whole seem to be more fun and less business like and stupid quotes are some thing they can't ask for many times without the penny dropping.

Of course prices of Hotels, food fun ETC  is low enough so makes for the best mongering place on the planet... me thinks   :biggrin:

As Snick states , the GFE is now finished in BKK .  like soap powder  , you pay the same but they shrink the pack. I still prefer BKK though . Every time i go down to Pattaya the LB Bars are all empty and boring IMO

Cascades takes some beating for the sheer number alone. at least there some life in there...

A few old hands have given up on Pattaya period

As Snick states , the GFE is now finished in BKK .  like soap powder  , you pay the same but they shrink the pack. I still prefer BKK though . Every time i go down to Pattaya the LB Bars are all empty and boring IMO

Cascades takes some beating for the sheer number alone. at least there some life in there...

A few old hands have given up on Pattaya period

BKK needs a new bar with Laos girls and lots of 'em.   

There was a thread recently about why there is no Pattaya section and one comment was along the lines that, as so many posts are about Pattaya that by default the LB scene to a large majority of guys is Pattaya.

There is definitely a huge focus on Pattaya nowadays regarding the ladyboy scene. Bkk seems to be a stop off at the beginning or end of a guy's trip, and for some, those stop overs have gotten shorter, probably because of the value Pattaya can offer in this time of dreadful exchange rates, the concentration of various forum members there and the variety of bars.  

Most of the Bkk reports seem to come from guys who live there or spend time there on business along with guys as i said passing thro', on their way to a beach resort mostly likely.

I am curious do others see it the same way, will Pattaya continue to attract the increasing majority of ladyboy lovers (well the ones who post about it) and if so, is it for the reasons mentioned.  Has Pattaya become the by word for the ladyboy scene in Thailand?

Pattaya has too many small staffed bars and Bangkok has too many large staff bars.    Bangkok needs more bars with fewer staff (i.e 8-12) and Pattaya just has too many to be viable.   In Pattaya, they need fewer bars with perhaps 50% more staff per bar.    

• Upvote 1

nothing beats the excitement of Soi 4, Sukhumvit in the wee hours, 

I agree with that , I still love the buzz of the masses heading for the exit at 2 AM and I still get butterflies in my stomach on my first visit to Nana each trip after all these years .

I love Bangkok for maybe four days or so at the end of my trip it feels like a mini holiday inside a holiday and I find if you can catch one of your favourite's off duty ie- away from Nana you get a better (And cheaper) experience ........ I love hanging around the makeshift beer bars in the wee small hours .

Pattaya is still number one for me and as has been already stated the girls are less businesslike , the problem most of the time is getting rid of them so you can spend time with your friends .

The number one bonus with Pattaya is you can go to pretty much any place in a matter of minutes for 10 baht and there's always plenty to do and plenty of people to see , if things don't go as planned you can be out in the street and elsewhere pretty quickly the place never sleeps .

Miss the witching hour in Bangkok and it is slim pickings , even with a phone full of numbers they all live on the outskirts of town 

Pattaya ladyboys never sleep  :sign0196:

• Upvote 1

as much as i like the scene on   Nana soi 4 theres just nothing quite like an afternooner on soi6 on a scorthching hot day checking out the scenery , picking your spot and then finally getting to enjoy the air con , a cold Chang and whatever else might come up ;)

• Upvote 1

I agree with that , I still love the buzz of the masses heading for the exit at 2 AM and I still get butterflies in my stomach on my first visit to Nana each trip after all these years .

I love Bangkok for maybe four days or so at the end of my trip it feels like a mini holiday inside a holiday and I find if you can catch one of your favourite's off duty ie- away from Nana you get a better (And cheaper) experience ........ I love hanging around the makeshift beer bars in the wee small hours .

Pattaya is still number one for me and as has been already stated the girls are less businesslike , the problem most of the time is getting rid of them so you can spend time with your friends .

The number one bonus with Pattaya is you can go to pretty much any place in a matter of minutes for 10 baht and there's always plenty to do and plenty of people to see , if things don't go as planned you can be out in the street and elsewhere pretty quickly the place never sleeps .

Miss the witching hour in Bangkok and it is slim pickings , even with a phone full of numbers they all live on the outskirts of town 

Pattaya ladyboys never sleep  :sign0196:

That pretty much sums it up for me also. 

Nothing is quite the wonderland that is Nana Plaza! For GGs and LBs it always gives me butterflies. 

I think along the lines as Mardhi for Patts. But BKK bars are perfect. It only needed another Guess and now it has the Darkside. Maybe throw one more into the mix.

Pattaya has too many small staffed bars and Bangkok has too many large staff bars.    Bangkok needs more bars with fewer staff (i.e 8-12) and Pattaya just has too many to be viable.   In Pattaya, they need fewer bars with perhaps 50% more staff per bar.    

In Patts the LBs are everywhere. It's almost too much and it's too spread thin. Every other beer bar has a token LB. You have to do alot of searching/drinking. Which may or may not be a bad thing, but gets old when you can't find that special one for the night.

I think it's just the people using these forums are more often than not, sexpat-retirees or sex tourists. Both of which are attracted to sodom by the sea for the obvious reason of cheap sex and cheap beer. Haha!

• Upvote 1

Really? They do a bloody good impression of sleeping at 2 in the afternoon, snoring their little heads off in my bed when I want to go out!!

I should have clarified that one .

They never sleep at night daytime is a different matter ..... the only way to raise them from the crypt is pull the curtains suddenly and expose them directly to sunlight this seems to scare them .

When the exchange rates goes back to a favorable ratio, I think the popularity of Pattaya will wane and Bangkok will re-establish itself as the lb destination of choice - especially for those on a short trip, 2 weeks or so. For sheer numbers and convenience Bangkok has it over Pattaya for finding lbs - but it's true that cost is a factor especially with the tough exchange rates.

I also think with the changing emphasis in the tourism marketing to Russia, India, China and Arabic countries, you'll see even higher numbers of these groups all over Thailand, including Pattaya. Whether this makes Pattaya less attractive for mongers remains to be seen - but complaints of the "Russian" hordes seem to be increasing.

• Upvote 1

The exchange rates are not going back IMO... ...seems like downwards now for ever more. Its bad enough in the UK but the EU will tank badly some time soon also.. just wait and see

The £ will be at 1.38 by end May. probably..but its certain by xmas. .. Q-Easing is the problem and is pushing rates down

sexpat-retirees or sex tourists. Both of which are attracted to sodom by the sea 

yes , dreadfull , i agree..

The more reserved among us would like to think of our wanderings  as merely a gentlemans  perambulations

When the exchange rates goes back to a favorable ratio, I think the popularity of Pattaya will wane and Bangkok will re-establish itself as the lb destination of choice - especially for those on a short trip, 2 weeks or so. For sheer numbers and convenience Bangkok has it over Pattaya for finding lbs - but it's true that cost is a factor especially with the tough exchange rates.

I also think with the changing emphasis in the tourism marketing to Russia, India, China and Arabic countries, you'll see even higher numbers of these groups all over Thailand, including Pattaya. Whether this makes Pattaya less attractive for mongers remains to be seen - but complaints of the "Russian" hordes seem to be increasing.

Pattaya has been slowing down for a number of years - at least as far as the traditional monger.  However Pattaya is growing overall and its not just Russians and Chinese.   The city is expanding at a huge rate of knots.   Probably a fair amount of dodgy money being pumped into property to clean it up.   The Domestic market for tourist arrivals is one of notable growth areas.    Pattaya is now seen as a fashionable place for money Thai's for a weekend.    Gawd only knows why though.    Slowly but surely the city is evolving and needing less emphasis on 'seedy' and more relying on the 'fun' atmosphere.   A lot of this is coming from money earned from the seedy bits but nobody pay;s any attention to the source of the funds, only that they do have it (the money).    All the Thai focussed clubs are packed out and new venues opening all the time.  

Personally I don't see the market changing back to the likes of 10 years ago - it will just keep evolving and seedy will form a minute amount of the overall revenue.   Still a lot of money, but much less as a ratio of total money flying about.

• Upvote 1

Pattaya ladyboys never sleep   :sign0196:

I beg to differ as the feckers will sleep all day long if you don't keep poking them.  :biggrin:

To fuck off that is... :indifferent0018:

Patts is "the place" for me...it's party town 24/7 if you want that and getting around is just so easy. 

The hotels are decent and reasonably priced and there's plenty of them. As 80% of Pattaya People are more often than not from Issan they are generally more polite particularly if you're polite too.

Some great BM's to be found in Patts too...usually in the bars we love gently holding an LB's gland.  :flirt2: