Suggestions on rooms close to Sensations bar?

neogzim24

Its almost Official that I will be balls deep in LOS in May. I have one problem to handle and that is finding a room close to Sensations bar. My plan is to secure a room for the first few nights then over to Canterbury tales. Any input from current or recent BMs.

Cheers

Neo

Brother BB is the best man to advice you here Neo. He normally stays in a place called Piranyas which is so close to Sensations, you can reach out the balcony and rub the sweat from Flatpack's sweaty nutsack. I believe the rates are decent but they may only do long term deals, BB will confirm.

Check out the hotel KenW stayed in during his last trip this February. It is literally a spit gob toss to Sensations on Soi Buckaroo. It is in easy walking distance to Pattaya Tai, Tuk Com, Walking Street, Action Street (Sensations), baht buses, Second Street, whatever. AND affordable.

Mr Ken, what is called? Green House? 

This is where I used to stay Neo.  http://parinyasapartment.weebly.com/  and this is the hotel next door, which is directly opposite the entrance to Action St, can you get any closer.  http://www.thelinks.biz/

The rooms are the same in both places, the hotel is a bit more expensive as the rooms have a few more frills, daily cleaning, soap supplied etc.  There are plenty more options in this area, just jump off the bus and ask around.  Should be fairly easy to find a good room in May.

Check out the hotel KenW stayed in during his last trip this February. It is literally a spit gob toss to Sensations on Soi Buckaroo. It is in easy walking distance to Pattaya Tai, Tuk Com, Walking Street, Action Street (Sensations), baht buses, Second Street, whatever. AND affordable.

Mr Ken, what is called? Green House? 

Greenery House Sam. It's opposite the family mart  and 2-day market, just off Pattaya Tai.

bumblebee posted a pic of it in another thread recently; in that what area of Pattaya do you stay/like thread.

I was in Canterbury Tales in Nov. Been there Neo?

The neighborhood looks like the set to some old Vietnam war movie, and frankly, I enjoyed it very much. Super cheap.

Friendly word of advice. I was offered to top floor room, the biggest. Pyschodelic purple, as I recall. Beware that room and the very strong sewer smell. I couldn't get past it and requested a streetside room on the 2nd floor, brown room, with a nice plate glass picture window. No balcony, but no big deal. Cheaper too! ...i think i paid about 600 per night...maybe 500. Can't remember.

Much happier there. I was surprised by how spacious the room was. Full sofa, upholstered chair, wifi, full sized fridge, LCD TV. The owner does try hard. Also, I loved the private entrance too.

Here's a rainy day pic of my spectacular view.

As they are apartments the owner is only occasionally there alas, and he speaks English.  The rest of the staff have limited English as the place is primarily an internet cafe for Thais, with rooms upstairs, and so they won't reply.  He will probably get back to you eventually, but perhaps better to try the Links hotel next door, as it is staffed all day by English speakers.

I am staying at Blue Ocean hotel. 15000 a month. It's nice. But a bit busy. Been here 6 weeks! Nice thing is I will call LBs to the room and if I don't know them they can check in at the desk, but if I know them I simply tell them to walk past the desk and into the elevator and come up. So I have some privacy.

R-Con Blue Ocean Hotel

And a very nice pool! I suggest getting a room on the 8th floor, as it is noisy outside.

Right next door to Action street. If you stay on the south facing side, you can watch the action on Action St! 

• Upvote 2

I am staying at Blue Ocean hotel. 15000 a month. It's nice. But a bit busy. Been here 6 weeks! Nice thing is I will call LBs to the room and if I don't know them they can check in at the desk, but if I know them I simply tell them to walk past the desk and into the elevator and come up. So I have some privacy.

R-Con Blue Ocean Hotel

And a very nice pool! I suggest getting a room on the 8th floor, as it is noisy outside.

Right next door to Action street. If you stay on the south facing side, you can watch the action on Action St! 

What price are you paying, ad which room type?  I see 1090 per night

Neo

I am staying at Blue Ocean hotel. 15000 a month.

What price are you paying, ad which room type?  I see 1090 per night

Neo

Just a guess but I would say 15000 a month.

You don't have to get that close to Sensations to be able to hear the music.

I think a few Forum Members took a piss in their lobby toilet.  We were watching the Super Bowl at the beer bar complex next door  and the toilets were closed at that hour.  Seems like a nice place.  Not as cheap as your typical 500/night Buakhaou guesthouse but higher quality plus a pool.