Preferred Areas of Pattaya to Stay

bumblebee

I am just curious about how much thought the members put into choosing their accommodation location in Patts.  I have always stayed in South Pattaya, on Soi Buakhao opposite Action St, and find it a handy location for getting around.  The baht bus goes both directions, so i can be almost anywhere in town in 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic, which appears to have gotten a lot worse in the last year incidentally. 

So rather than focus on the actual accommodation perhaps information about various areas will be of help to guys who are undecided or maybe not know the place at all.

I am also a confirmed South Pattaya lodger.

Having stayed in a range of places from soi 10 near the beach through soi VC, this most recent trip I lodged in Buakhao, which is where I see myself staying for the forseeable future.

For me Buakhao has lots that I want. In addition to the things you mention bb, I would add:

> there always seems to be something open when you want to eat/drink.

> has some good Indian nosheries (my favourites)

> shortish walk to PBG

> near Tukcom if serious shopping is needed

> last but far from least, near Sunee.

I tend to find a place I like and stick with it since I get to know the management and staff which is important. 

At first I stayed at August Suites all of the time because I liked the location (2nd Rd & Pattaya Klang) and what the hotel had to offer like their overall service, room size, pool, and staff. Plus I was able to get a good deal. I then tried April Suites (same owners as August Suites) but liked the location less since it was down an alley off of 2nd Rd. I then stayed a number of times at @ Home which is also located at 2nd Rd and Pattaya Klang across from the Memorial Hospital. It was considerably cheaper than both August and April but proved to be noisy. 

I then found I was spending more time around Soi Buckaroo so decided to stay at Areca and also LK Metro. Eventually I found this area two busy for my liking so looked for places they offered more peace and quiet at night. 

I then stumbled on the Mosiak and decided to stay there primarily because it was close to Tuk com; Soi Buakhao; Sunee; 2nd Rd; and Walking Street. It was also very, very quiet at night. But what I liked about it the most was the private entrances with no reception to parade through with your guests. The Mosiak is now my place of choice for accommodations. Over the years I have established a good relationship with management and as a result usually able to get a room on short notice at a fair rate.

That's my story...

Having stayed in a range of places from soi 10 near the beach through soi VC, this most recent trip I lodged in Buakhao, which is where I see myself staying for the forseeable future.

Hahahahaha!!! And don't forget it was good old SiamSam who recommended your hotel of choice on Soi Buckaroo Mr. Ken!!!! :biggrin:

I like August / April suites - the location makes for easy walk to soi 6, Central mall, or soi Buakhao to catch the baht bus.

As a plus Leng Kee restaurant is  very close.

Page 10 is another fave, its just off 2nd road, and a quick walk across soi Honey to reach soi Buakhao.

I do not like staying above soi 6, or below Pattaya Tai.

I have not found a hotel with a pool that I like on Soi Bocow, I might check out RCON-Blue someday.

I use to always stay at Mosaik but no longer like the location. It always was too hard to get a girl back to Mosaik by baht bus unless you are coming down Soi Buakhao. So it usually ended up being moto taxi. But the baht buses going west on Pattaya Tai started getting so crowed with Russians in the evenings when I went out for the night it was hard to get a bus on occasion. I think SS has taken over my room anyway. :biggrin:  It was a good location being close to the Topps and Friendship Markets as I made some of my own meals. I know several that do like this area and two guys that live close by. 

I stayed in Soi Honey last trip. Not too bad but would really like to find a place I can afford between Beach Road and 2nd Road (probably not likely). Makes baht bus transportation easier. So these days I like to get a bus easy and stay somewhere I can avoid the Russians as much as possible.  

For me Buakhao has lots that I want. In addition to the things you mention bb, I would add:

> there always seems to be something open when you want to eat/drink.

> has some good Indian nosheries (my favourites)

> shortish walk to PBG

> near Tukcom if serious shopping is needed

> last but far from least, near Sunee.

I believe this is where you last stayed Ken, directly opposite the Tuesday/Friday market.  I fully agree with you about this stretch on Buakhao, so many facilities nearby including my beloved PBG. :drinks:

post-106-0-83364800-1365287360_thumb.jpg

I believe this is where you last stayed Ken, directly opposite the Tuesday/Friday market.  I fully agree with you about this stretch on Buakhao, so many facilities nearby including my beloved PBG. :drinks:

That would be if you consider about 1/2 mile close.

What is this place called?

Yes bb that's the very one now.

xyzzy it is called Greenery House. Just off Pattaya Tai at that end of Buakhao.

It's about 30 USD/night. Clean, quite new decor, friendly and boy friendly (I never tried a LB this trip, just the one boy from Sunee).

What about Koh Larn? I love swimming, but the beach in Pattaya is unswimmable to say the least. Are there any action (GG or LB) there? I went there just for a day trip and returned to BKK from Pattaya that very evening, so I don't know about overnight staying or the scene on the island.

I don't know anyone who's ever stayed overnight at Koh Larn, it is a day trip island only. Not even sure if there is much in the way of overnight accommodation with Pattaya so close and such a short boat ride away.

Regards LB's or GG's I would say it is absolutely a BYO.

Anywhere close to Pattaya could never offer options even close to that of Pattaya, apart from much nicer beaches, scenery and cleaner air.

• Upvote 1