Attention Fattys

seven

I look forward to the day both passenger and baggage are placed on the scales at check-in and the combined weight taken into account.

I've seen fatty and his little bag go through, then little asian man and his big bag has to pay excess because his bag is over. Fatman and his bag were easy twice the total of the asian's.

Also, carry on bag no more than 7kg and within a certain size etc. Look forward to the day when people have to walk through a width-measuring gate and if it beeps they have to upgrade to a bigger seat or GTF out.

If you've ever sat next to a real fat person on a long haul flight it is no joke. Plus that fat fuck pictured in 7's post is an emergency hazard and should not be allowed to fly at all.

I look forward to the day both passenger and baggage are placed on the scales at check-in and the combined weight taken into account.

Now i know i'm carrying a kilo or 25 too many but paying for bodyweight is utter rubbish.

A seat is a seat and that is what you pay for.

However, If you can't fit into a seat without inconviencing other passengers, then it should be mandatory to pay for a second.

Charging an extra large person additional does nothing to ease the inconvience of the person sitting next to them - that is nothing but a money grab and illogical.

A seat is a seat and that is what you pay for.

However, If you can't fit into a seat without inconviencing other passengers, then it should be mandatory to pay for a second.

Charging an extra large person additional does nothing to ease the inconvience of the person sitting next to them - that is nothing but a money grab and illogical.

Except that the marginal  costs for the airline are largely directly correlated to the weight carried i.e. the heavier the plane , the more fuel it uses. And 300 passengers each with a total weight of 120 kilos rather than eighty kilos is an extra 12 tonnes of weight to be dragged up to 36000 feet and flown to wherever.

Rather than typing your weight in (how many people would lose 10 kg plus?), a better system would be a total weight allowed - say 100 kg per passenger. You and your clothes and your hand luggage and your luggage would hop on a scale and any excess would be charged. Provided the total was a reasonable amount and everything was explained in the booking contract, it shouldn't be a problem.

We had this system in the small Pacigfic Islands where I used to work, mainly because the planes were so small (10 people maximum) that the total weight carried was a major issue. Being at the time a skinny bugger and carrying almost no luggage, it did amuse me to see larger people told that either they went or their luggage went, but not both. It is also in use in the Philippines when you fly to Boracay - I was weighed with my luggage for the same reason - small plane, short runway, bloody big trees at the end of it.

• Upvote 1

Less weight=less fuel=less ticket price, and therefor eases the convenience for the non-obese, by paying less for the ticket.

Please tell me this guy is NOT flying to Thailand!!! 

Noooo, no! Hawaii, i´d say.

Less weight=less fuel=less ticket price, and therefor eases the convenience for the non-obese, by paying less for the ticket.

Why do I think the airlines will find some way to screw everyone these days? The fat will probably pay more and the fit will probably not get a better deal.

There are some other problems if you use weight and height. Looking online I see someone at my height of 6' 1" should weigh about 160-195 pounds. Some sites say a few more pounds than 195. I could probably just make weight but I am at least 25-30 pounds over weight. Most all if it is my stomach. With my thin frame I probably should weight around 165/170.

If they started charging strickly by the pound/kilo I'm guessing in the US that would be struck down as discrimination. I can't help it I'm 6' 1" and not 5' 2" regardless of what I weigh. If you go by the weight vs height unless a likely problematic system is used that determines what one should weigh is used it will not catch my extra 30 pounds. It would of course catch those outside the parameters.    

@ rickshaw

Small planes is a highly different issue and i too have been weighed for the boracay flights.

Nothing to do with anything but plane balance, per advice i received when i asked why.

I thought i might add, the only airline to weigh me on the boracay route was cebupacfic. I looked it up later and found the aircraft they used had a slight technical issue - recommended safe take off runway length was longer than the caticlan runway.

Dont be too concerned at the airlines marginal cost per passenger kg.

If you are going to go down that silly path i look forward to the day the pilot says we are only half full today, we gotta cover the sunk costs, your $2k flight just doubled to $4k, less the lower fuel load, that be an extra $1500 mr rickshaw. payment required immediately, any airport fines for late departure caused by tardiness to pay will also be met by the passengers.

Petty penny pinching can open up a can of worms you really dont want!!

If the ass dont fit - buy another seat, thats convenience.

12 hrs next to a massive unit is not made better by knowing you saved $50 or $100.

Flying in our era is so cheap... Cant understand the tight mentality gents... We've never had it so good

i say weigh all passengers and the baggage together at check in and put the total weight on a big screen and the cost.

that way, you wont feel bitter towards the fat cunt taking the armrest when he has paid 300 quid more than you

then when someone is really fat, the machine could speak " one at a time please " :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Rather than a tax for the fatties, which let's be honest, only fills the pockets of the airlines and does not help other passengers, why not have some sort of reimbursement for the "normal" size people who have to suffer sitting beside them on a long haul flight.

But we know that would never happen as these companies are not interested in the well being and comfort of their (economy class) clientele, only how much coin they suck from us.

• Upvote 1

I remember a really big fat German guy taking up most of my seat space with his mighty bingo wings on a flight to Thailand a few years ago .

I kid you not he fell asleep against my shoulder and I was trapped and couldn't lift him, I had to call the stewardess to help me shift his head (which was like a cannonball) so I could climb over to get to the toilet .

At one stage he woke up and asked could he have my breakfast as I hadn't touched it I let him have it as I was afraid he would eat me instead .

He then fell asleep on my arm again and broke wind constantly in his sleep .

The flight from hell .

• Upvote 1

I apologize and thanks for the breakfast. :biggrin:

Poor Jim. I hope you make it up to him Mr Cannonball-head...            :flirt2:

It reminds me of an early morning flight I took from Kathmandu to Bangkok once. When they brought out breakfast, all the Nepalese sitting around me took one look at the scrambled eggs & bacon & pushed it away. I hadn't eaten a cooked breakfast in months let alone seen western food. Me & an English guy who was sitting in front of me ate 5 breakfasts each. I remember they tasted like heaven.

Then to wash them down, I had my first beer in months, In fact I think I had three or four cans of Australian lager all before 10am. Oh what a flight that was. I've since flown on better aircraft with more salubrious passengers but I don't remember any of the details. That day is etched in my memory forever.

Goodness Jim, I remember that. I didn't realize it was you, nor did I realize I was putting you through such an ordeal. I apologize and thanks for the breakfast. :biggrin:

No worries Sam but do try to do something about the flatulence .

• 4 weeks later...

Works both ways...I was well pissed and heading back to Dubai and crashed...apparently I snuggled into a large ladies shoulder and every time she tried to move I snuggled deeper.

My mate thought it was hilarious and in the end fatty gave up and put up with me. 

I don't think she was impressed with the drool though... B)