His Bobness

Lefty

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

Very seriously, I think he's the chap in the middle holding aloft the wet bit of Wight crumpet :biggrin:.

that'll do me Jimmy...

i did once see myself and my friend in one of the 'field of foam' photo's... dunno if it's still around though.

also got interviewed when going back to London after the festival, one of those roving reporter interviews on the street type things. Never saw it on TV though, probably because i just told the guy sticking the mic. in my face to fuck off. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Quinn said:

This pic at the event are you on it ?

wow! no i'm not Errol, but my now long deceased friend 'Dave' is. He is the the one on the far left. Unfortunately a few years later he became a casualty of those times.

The girl shown became quite famous for a while. She stripped off in the foam and invited guys to have sex with her. She made a habit of that sort of thing at rock concerts for years afterwards. she's on the net somewhere. As the Isle of Wight festival is still going on...she may well still be doing so...

38 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

The girl shown became quite famous for a while. She stripped off in the foam and invited guys to have sex with her. She made a habit of that sort of thing at rock concerts for years afterwards. she's on the net somewhere. As the Isle of Wight festival is still going on...she may well still be doing so...

Annabel's mum?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There are too many Bob Dylan references to count in “I Don’t Live Here Anymore,” the latest arena-ready single from the War on Drugs. Some are lyrical nods to beloved songs like “Shelter From The Storm,” “It Ain’t Me Babe,” and “Standing in the Doorway.” Others are even more on-the-nose, like the moment where Adam Granduciel’s narrator gets caught up in nostalgia over a Never Ending Tour gig: “Like when we went to see Bob Dylan/We danced to ‘Desolation Row.'”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/war-on-drugs-i-dont-live-here-anymore-song-review-1230549/

Bob Dylan Announces Fall Tour Following Longest Break From Road Since 1984

2024 huh.

The Rough and Rowdy Ways World Tour marks Dylan’s first public performances since December 2019

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bob-dylan-fall-2021-tour-1232682/

Bob Dylan will finally resume his Never Ending Tour this fall, following his longest break from the road since 1981 to 1984.

Billed the Rough and Rowdy Ways tour, the trek kicks off at Milwaukee’s Riverside Theatre on November 2nd — Dylan’s first public performance since 2019. He’ll travel through the Midwest, hitting Chicago, Cleveland, and Bloomington, Illinois, before heading to the East Coast. He’ll hit his usual New York City spot — the Beacon Theatre — for three nights in late November.

Although the leg wraps in Washington, D.C., on December 2nd, Dylan’s website bills it as a worldwide tour lasting through 2024, with more dates likely to be announced.

GettyImages-462898048.jpg.webp

• Like 2

Someone I know who saw his last tour said Dylan didn't speak once to the audience in the entire show. He also doesn't play guitar anymore (arthritis) .. BUT it's still an amazing show to see. His band is top notch and the recent material from Rough Ways and Rowdy is just about equal to some of his best work. If his world tour gets to me I'd love to see it - perhaps the last rock concert I'll ever see ... Go Bob!

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

Someone I know who saw his last tour said Dylan didn't speak once to the audience in the entire show. He also doesn't play guitar anymore (arthritis) .. BUT it's still an amazing show to see. His band is top notch and the recent material from Rough Ways and Rowdy is just about equal to some of his best work. If his world tour gets to me I'd love to see it - perhaps the last rock concert I'll ever see ... Go Bob!

I have seen him at concert many times and he doesn't say shit. Never.  I would be disappointed if he started now. Yeah, his band is truly something else.

19 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't think it's arthritis really,

I believe it actually is.

19 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

as for not talking in shows.. it's headline news when he does!

There are a few youtube clips where he does. His guitarist Stu Kimball tells a joke and Bob is commenting and laughing.

• Like 2