LB friendly hotels in Pattaya

Luung

Hi all,

I'm 90% arriving in Pattaya on Wednesday & whilst I know a handfull of LB friendly hotels, one of which I had already lined up, I unfortunately find myself needing to change my criteria.

Now, the thing is that I'm recovering from an operation & I have a hole in the ball of my right foot (an open wound) that you could stick the end of your little finger in (too much information, I know).. And I've just gone & got myself a crushed knuckkle on my left hand too.. So consiquently I'm not going to be out & about as much as usual & I'm going to need a pool that attracts the sun, but not arseholes, a balcony & decent internet to make the trip tollerable... and I'm a stingy fuckker too!

Has anyone got any suggestions?.. Under 1k per night & staying for at least one week... I've had all this for 500 baht per night before now, out of season.

Also, could anybody tell me, is it busy out there right now? Are the hotels offering deals at the mo & is it a good time to go around trying to iron out a deal myself?.. I like it when they're on the floor & you can do some arm twisting?

PS. Maybe we should combine this & the Chiang Mai Hotel thread to create a Thailand LB friendly accomodaton 'Thread'?... We could even have our own ratings?.. The 'nob' star rating... I.E. 2 nob, 4 nob, 5 nob excellence, Tsunami etc.. ?

Hey, Lung. Sorry to hear about your boo-boos.

I've long been a PBR man. It fits all your criteria, and the front desk girls are really helpful if you need assistance due to your condition. It's also centrally located, so the gimp won't have to walk far... :D

The low season rate is 999baht for six nights get the 7th free. You can also ask to have the breakfast taken off for -100baht per night. The low season rate isn't supposed to start until 4/15, but maybe you can sweet talk em, with your injuries and all...

Good luck.

You've come to the right place Lung! I can scout around and look at any places on your list and leave a deposit for u to hold the room.

What was the 500 baht place that fufilled all these requirements?

Your requirements:

1) Internet

2) Pool

3) Balcony

4) Good value under 1000 baht but as cheap as possible

5) Ladyboy Friendly

Question, you mention sun, must it be a pool that gets allot of sun, or was that just a phrase you were using?

Warning: Some pools are picky about open sores...........maybe better not to pay upfront, but prob not a good idea to inquire about and alert them to.

This is not arm twisting season, yet at the same time it's not as busy as a month ago.

It was Marina Hse, Soi 15/9, 3rd Road... But it's just as easy to get to from Soi Bukhcow... It's 3/4 minutes walk from Pooks.

Last time I stayed there they'd just had a change of staff & they asked me to tell them in advance if I was entertaining any LB's... Just to make the security guard aware, I suppose?.. But anyway, the manageress had a go at me one morning for not letting her know (how the fuck do you let her know at 3.30 am in the morning)?.. And as the noise levels started getting higher & the silly little 'prat' started screeching I saw fit to throw a handful of fucks into her!

They're not 'Lung' friendly anymore, unfortunately... Shame, because it was the best value for money that I've ever found in Patts & a cool location too, right in the thick of it, yet quiet & tucked away!!

Pool's shit by the way

Thanks for the tip FarangBah!!

Question, you mention sun, must it be a pool that gets allot of sun, or was that just a phrase you were using?

Warning: Some pools are picky about open sores...........maybe better not to pay upfront, but prob not a good idea to inquire about and alert them to.

This is not arm twisting season, yet at the same time it's not as busy as a month ago.

Thanks a million PDogg... I will be well covered wearing a dressing over the foot, I can't afford to get any dirt near it & I most definitely can't go in the water, which is a real shame because I've been an ardent swimmer all my life!

Partial sun's fine, no it wasn't just a phrase.

Oh... and before I forget... I can't stay to a building site!!

BTW, 'Ope Dee' fits the bill, but they gave me the most awkward to get too & shittiest room you could possibly imagine last time around... And nobody told me that they had a full scale MAJOR construction job open up right next door... There was bits of shit & cement dust falling on everyone around the pool, it was pitiful!!

'Duan Nang Inn' fits it too, but I had to move out of there about 6/7 weeks ago because they had a full scale construction juob start up right next to them!

Unfotunately the whole area from Soi Dianna Inn through Soi Buckhow going towards South Pattaya is 'Building site city' right now!

*Warning, stay FAR away from a place called "The Penthouse"!!

A sleazy place near boys town, it's kind of a Pattaya institution; IF you like dirty and run-down hell-holes filled with cum-stained beds.

I stayed 3 nights at August Suites in January, it's perfect and the pool is great.....no problems with guests of any gender and they have BIG beds which I love. Also walking distance to the sleaze and grunginess of Soi 6 and just a 10 baht ride away from Walking street.

Highly recommended, price fluctuates between about 1400 and 1900 but it's well worth a few extra bucks IMO.

Walking from April Suites to August Suites could take five minutes. But here's a Ladyboy Review tip. You walk through the August Suites kitchen, and out the backdoor and you're at April Suites in a New York minute.

Booked my buddy at April cause August was full and he commented he felt he was in Goodfellas, the classic scene where Henry and his future wife are taking the secret entrance through the Copa's kitchen. Nice work by Marty!

Using the shortcut no problemo with the staff. Tee and Paul are great managers eager to please.

Hey Lung, April/August way above your pricepoint though. But now I know a tiny pool is OK, all u care about is the quality of the lounge area near the pool. I assume going to the beach is out because of the sand?

If it was low season, I'd say go to the PBR, but they are almost always fully booked so doubt Dr Kim will give u the low season rate in March.

You might put Eastiny Plaza ( http://www.eastinypattaya.com/plaza ) on your list of places to consider.

At 1,500 THB per night for a Double it's more expensive than you're looking for, but it does include tax, service, and a pretty good breakfast buffet.

I don't recall if they have rooms with balconies, but I can tell you Eastiny Plaza has very good hardwired Internet in every room I’ve stayed in, and I’ve stayed in quite a few.

If I had trouble getting around, location would be most important to me, and Eastiny Plaza would satisfy that requirement by being located between Sois 7 and 8, and between Beach and Second Roads. And if one doesn’t want to wander far, there is a lof of fun to be found around Sois 7 and 8.

Never had a pompem wih a LB or two, but usually book a double.

You may be able to get a room from Patrice at Yensabai Condo. www.apatpro.com

400 a night plus electric/water, but no reasonable daily rate for wifi and it isn't included. Even after you pay electric/water you are at about 500 a night, so the price is right. Pool is very nice, recently refurbished. If you got a room on the ocean side between say 4th and 8th floors, you could pick up wifi signal from Corner Bar and it would be easy to get the password. They stopped having wifi for a while, but heard recently they have it again.

One thing to remember regarding WiFi is that if one has a True SIM (no pre-paid account required) and is within range of a True AP (in Patters maybe a hop, skip, and a jump away from Beach and Second Roads, and in Bangkok along Sukhumwit), True Move WiFi is available at some pretty reasonable prices.

True Move has two 1-day unlimited packages; 1Mbps for 120 THB, and 256kbps for 29 THB. If one has a Bangkok Green account, True Move WiFi is free, but it's at a much slower rate than 256kbps.

256kbps (and Bangkok Green) is fine for checking email or surfing with images turned off, but I wouldn't want to download any movies with it.

To enable one of the 1-day unlimited packages, send a text to 9434; for 1Mbps send the text "1day" and for 256kbps service send the text "wifi29" (both without the quotes). If all goes well, you'll receive an SMS back with a username and password for the log-in.

For those of you with a Bangkok Green account, service is hit and miss in Patters; sometimes the log-in works, and sometimes it doesn't. No pompems in Bangkok though. As I understand it, Bangkok Green shouldn't work in Patters, but sometimes it does. TIT.

• Upvote 1

Thanks you all so very much for taking the time to respond, it really is well received & appreciated!.. You are all absolute Gentlemen!.. And what a great example of how well this site can work as a resource! :clapping:

I've got plenty to mull over & shall report on outcomes & findings in due course... Please don't hold your breath.

I'd just like to 'throw in' that I asked in 'Natureview' when it first opened about bringing LB's back & in spite of them eventually conseeding, it was so fucking obvious that they REALLY... And I mean REALLY didn't like the idea of it!

JaiDee, I completely concur re: Penthouse, what an overpriced shit tank!.. But I do love their Go Go 'Obsessions'. It's funny but it really used to get slated on the last site that took me in, but personally I've always enjoyed a great atmosphere & I've had some superb stuff out of there too... And I've never been spanked for drinks or anything like that either... The only problem I've ever had is the colossally fat ugly ladyboy mamasan who keeps chasing me about.

PS. Even though I think I'm probably sorted now I think it might be an idea to keep posting on this thread... Maybe eventually PBR can build up your its own listing?