Tropical Bert Appointed Honorary British Consul For Pattaya

pdogg

Tropical Bert is the new Honorary British Consul in Pattaya.

His bar, Tropical Bert's is on Soi 6/1 close to second road.  I've never been in but am told there are no bargirls or ladyboys.  Everyone has good things to say about the guy.

LBR wishes him the best of luck!

His bar, Tropical Bert's is on Soi 6/1 close to second road.  I've never been in but am told there are no bargirls or ladyboys. 

It's a pub and has been around for a long time. I stopped in two days ago and had a large Magners (200B) before starting my sojourn down Soi 6. You can take an air conditioned break from the action and get some real brews.

From 2nd Road you can see it on the left.  The name always struck me but I guess Tropical Berts was not part of my mission.

But probably a good idea for guys from the UK to pop in and get to know the guy assuming he is at his bar.

Dear God, there's someone who must have done something wrong in a previous life. What a thankless task, being hauled out of bed at all hours to sort out drunk, obnoxious loud brits who have offended the Thais in some fashion. I am sure that there are some other aspects to the job which are quite rewarding, but that side of it fills me with horror.

Having said that, I shall drop in when I am in town just to introduce myself. Never know when it might come in handy!

• 2 years later...