any advice?

jay100

Well, the first post was really so-and I kinda thought about your similarity of thinking with my thinking before I gave up, but the second one with "too good to be a coincidence" seemed like an accusation to me. I have this tendency to take sarcasm literally, unfortunately, so sometimes even it's a joke or humor, I might not have gotten that. In that case, sorry.

No need to apologise. The only evidence I had to go on was the similarity in style plus the coincidence of you both arriving here around the same time. I meant no harm but I have been around forums long enough to know this is how things become strained between two people (or three) people who don't know each other & would otherwise get on fine.

I won't mention it again & I encourage Jay & Yuzi to keep posting. BTW, I do appreciate that IP addresses prove what you are saying but they can be bypassed by using a proxy server. I'm not suggesting anything, just saying is all...        :rolleye0012: 

LOL!

Mention what you want, if this is not the place to speak your mind what is??

Back to our original discussion though, my mind is made up to give things a shot.

Need to work out accommodations though, what best suits me, and this one REALLY has my head in a spin...

I've read countless forum posts about different places and the topic really can lead to some exhaustive research.

I live only a couple of hours flight away from BKK so my visits are usually more frequent but shorter, usually 3 - 5 nights.

Not enough time to make a mistake and move to another place mid trip....

Peace and quiet, fresh air and water in the day with the ability to have fun at night. Previously I've stayed at Royal Cliffs. Great resort with great pool and proper gym. 2ce i just booked for two and added a girl as a registered guest, once I had to pay the joiner. Anyway, I'm thinking I with this new attitude I gotta change to a more lifestyle friendly and less family oriented place.

So my research continues.....

For an example, I stayed at Ibis Bangkok Nana when I went there. They took GGs and LBs alike without hassle, though collected the IDs from LBs, not from the GG I brought (mighta been a coincidence). There's an Ibis (or maybe two, they opened another I think) in Phuket too. Not a 5-star, that's a 2/3-star chain, but at least reliable and clean hotels with some standards-albeit small rooms. You might try Novotel, the 4-star brand of the same chain (Accor) if the star level is an issue and if there is one at Phuket too. Did not stay there, but my assumption is they probably have the same-or at least similar policies.

Love it Tex!

I thought you were going to say: When you get off the plane, show the list to customs :)

Well trip is booked landing (very) late Feb 7 for 5 nights.

Now, I know hotels have been and are discussed ad-nauseum, but honestly its so hard to the info you need trough all the threads when you need it most!

When I do a search of Aya Rersort for example i get a bunch for threads on anything that has Pattaya Resort in it.

I was looking at that one because it seems nice can relax in day and is friendly for our purposes, without being as expensive as the Marriot or Dusit.

So my thoughts are that, or just go to a more "hard core" place like Penthouse or Tims etc for a night or two to get my fun in and then upscale for R&R. 

ok guys, I've spent the last couple of days combing over forums, trip reviews, hotel reviews etc etc.

Flight is booked for next Thursday and I was raring to go, couldnt sleep and getting really really excited.

THEN as I delved deeper into the forums I started to read horror stories and not only of black eyes and 2000 missing bahts, but STDs HIVs etc etc.

I am sooooooo deflated.

One guy wrote he got HIV from getting a load in the mouth! 

Yes I know, fucked and be fucked with condoms only, dont get a load to areas that have no air exposure etc etc.

But still!!??!!

I wanna do this but now I feel like I'm back to square one, and just when I was about to have some fun, I got all cerebral again.

Cure needed ASAP! 

I've been, (2ce) i've watched and I've wanted. Now I wanna do!

Play safe? 

Course I only use condoms! Drinking? I'm on Paelo so never more than 2 or 3 glasses of red anyway.

I think it should be ok but then u read stories and I'm like easy there tiger.....

Speaking of condoms, on a recent trip to Malaysia I bought a pack and the would seriously not fit on....

I haven't found any here in HK either. Are "normal" sizes (that work) available over there?

I have been researching it, and one site (http://www.catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv), that did numbers research among couples with HIV+ and HIV- partners puts the risk for oral as: “low but non-zero transmission probability.” It can be but is very unlikely. Air will kill the HIV virus, so if sperms gets into the bloodstream without being exposed to air, there's a risk. So mouth scratches etc can be an unlikely culprit.

By the way the studies also show that the risk from  topping a HIV+  to be one in 909 if cut and one on 161 if uncut.

being topped by and HIV+, the risk was calculated 1 in 71.

All pretty low, but it only takes one bit of bad luck!

You're analyzing things way to much and seem determined to talk yourself out of it no matter what. 

I was going to talk about the figures you quoted but I honestly don't think it will make a difference what anyone says. I sincerely hope you can get over this at some point and just enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...