"Reported attack site" warnings from Firefox?

Please ignore previous question: my PM mailbox is back :huh:

I still get the "reported attack site" warnings from Firefox though... Looking through the site, I found references to it, so are there known problems linked to this and what are the triggers, if any?

Thanks in advance for the info,

D.

Hi Dabbler,  A few strange things have been going on.  I've had some problems quoting posts and another guy has his posts originally come up in a strange font.

Please doublecheck something for us Dabbler.  We have TWO PMs systems.  One is teh Forum PM system and the other is the Profile PM system.  Please check both to make sure.

Hi Dabbler,  A few strange things have been going on.  I've had some problems quoting posts and another guy has his posts originally come up in a strange font.

Please doublecheck something for us Dabbler.  We have TWO PMs systems.  One is teh Forum PM system and the other is the Profile PM system.  Please check both to make sure.

HI PD. Thanks for the reply. I edited my post because my PM box content is back and seems to function normally . I had checked the box yesterday with the pull-down menu associated to my user name (next to the "Sign out" button top right of the page).

I'm still seeing the malware warnings though.

D.

I was getting warnings everytime I went to this forum on Firefox well after the problem here was reportedly fixed. However that finally stopped a few days ago. There seems to be some time lag between Firefox deciding the site is fixed and it being fixed. I just clicked on "ignor this warning" or whatever it says and I got no warnings from my virus software after entering.

LBR has been clean since January 2nd.

The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-01-02.

However, it is possible that there's stuff stored in your cache or saved cookies that could be triggering a warning.

So I'd suggest.

1) Clearing your Cache.

For those who are not certain how to do this here's a link with screenshots for all major browsers:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

2) Clear any Ladyboy Review cookies.

Here's how to do it with screenshots. Wherever it says nytimes just type ladyboyreview instead.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/424/view-nyt-articles-without-subscribing/

3) Then close your browser and reboot your computer.

When you enable Tools > Options > Security > Block reported attack sites in Firefox cleaning cookies will not help. I have a program that cleans everything everyday and still got the warning. I wish I knew how to clean up getting the warnings after the site is fixed. But it took about two weeks for my warning to go away after the site was cleared. I believe Firefox checks another site for warnings. Maybe an IT geek understands how to fix the issue. Maybe it just goes away after one has logged in and clicked ignore enough times??? Mine eventually did FWIW.

Depends on what version of firefox you were using; there was a bug in Firefox that was keeping sites marked as reported attack sites even after they had been cleaned. Firefox gets their DB of malicious sites from google, but there was apparently some wonkiness (technical term..cough...) on the firefox side.  Shows verified fixed on 1/9  It was apparently released recently...firefox v18.  I didn't feel like reading the entire bug report.   If you have a desire to go full nerd, you can check it here....

Bug 820283 - Sites stay marked as a malware or phishing even after removal from the SafeBrowsing DB

Maybe an IT geek understands how to fix the issue.

Upgrade to the latest version of firefox...18x or later.  Should take care of it.

IT geek, over and out.   :geek:

• Upvote 1