under the volcano

turkey

Nice report. I have stayed at Diplomat many times. and the DM is a dump and they charge use for everything including just air for breathing. Decent price at the Diplomat and 5 minute walk to Robinson (a 15 story hotel on the corner) with a food court and big supermarket in the basement. Mango square is 8 minute walk from the hotel. It is like 60p for taxi from Mango to the hotel. Make sure they use the meter when leaving Mango. I alway use taxi in the back of the line because it is not fair that a driver waited thirty minutes for a short fare.

• Upvote 2

on the last floor of Crown Hotel there is a nice place with a Bar Lounge.....you can enjoy the view of Cebu.....i went there with a ladyboy that works at the Hotel....she starts chattin' chattin' chattin'' for hours....i decided to stay sober that evening...but she was talkin' so much that when i stood up....was feeling drunk for her chit chat.......

post-1679-0-59869600-1357981952_thumb.jp

food in Phi has nothing to envy to French or italian cuisine......delicious and exquisite...also very cheap...especially seafood..........squids, mussels and clams soup = 350 pesos + 100 for 2 san Miguel Pils...well!!!!!!!!!! ( dessert included ) prices for 2...

post-1679-0-82012800-1357982214_thumb.jp

post-1679-0-56824200-1357982254_thumb.jp

post-1679-0-01323900-1357982378_thumb.jp

post-1679-0-55225900-1357983015_thumb.jp

....i went there with a ladyboy that works at the Hotel....she starts chattin' chattin' chattin'' for hours......but she was talkin' so much that when i stood up....was feeling drunk for her chit chat.......

I have always said that I prefer (as a generalisation) Philippinos because you can converse with them in English, the downside is, unlike most Thais, you can understand them when they are talking bollocks....

If your incounter is with a streetlife ladyboy that go``s in the morning to what the phillipino call there cave , which consist of nothing more then a few wood to resemble walls and plestic and metal to cover it all and that they call a roof and she is living there with here familie of 6 to 8 person and in the day time the only thing she can do is go with here relatives to the garbage dump side to collect any usefull stuff to sell for them to have something to eat for that day and sell her body at night then yes you will get to hear nothing much from such a girl....

And that is for nearly 70% of the streetladyboys that you see in any major city , they dont have no education at all so offcourse she dont know what she have to say to you......

It``s only 30% of the girls that realy make it to get a education and later with a lot of hassel manage to get a job with a decent pay , for those 70% is pure bad luck that they are born that way....

Greetz , Stealth

i have recently learned --  but please correct me if i have been misinformed on this -- that high school education in the philippines is not free.

more than a few 20-year-old lb's (and gg's for that matter) have told me that they are either still in *high school* because they had to temporarily drop out or have ceased going to school altogether -- because they can not afford to pay for it.

if this is true, no wonder 70% have no education to speak of.

@Thaibound

Nope , high school education is not for free , as far as i know nothing is for free there in The Phillippines.....

If that was the case then i know for sure that there will be more girls going to school.....

But lack of money is not the only probleem it`s the whole package that`s the probleem which is still in effect....

1- The church organizations that is keeping pressure on there on going campaign ( Been Gay Is Not Oke ) that in turn have a firm grip on the goverment and the establisment....

2- These same church organizations runs most of the schools where these girls must attend and make it a living hell for them to inrole.

3- The still discriminatory dress code that you must concede to in school and at work and any where that you have to be the icon of the organization.

4- GG`s will alway`s have a advantage above you in all level of the society and they will come on the first place and maybe just maybe you will get a turn....

4- The you help me and i will help you policy that is still in affect in many places against ladyboy`s , after all that is the only thing they are good for , in the eyes of most phillipino....

And we still did not talk abouth the mental pressure that will be everyday on your shoulders , been bully and tease at the whole day , day in day out as a outcast.

Having no friends and no one to talk to during your lunch brake , because no one wants to be your friend and get the label as gay....

That is also a very main reason that the girls will not go to school and be among others and specialy the phillippines GGs that can be very mean and revangefull when you tray to compete with them on there turf...

The ladyboy`s will stay in there wolfpack where they are and feel safe and can defend them self the need to go to school also mean braking the code of honor as a wolfpack member which is the same as turning your back to your familie.

My girlfriend " Rubi " is lucky that she is back to school and doing good , but that is costing me also 25.000 php each year clean with out her school stuff

And that is for four years until she finish and then i want her to follow some other specilize course to upgrade her english and computer skill....

But the only place she can be her self is in the hotel business no where else.....

It was a battle she had to go through with her other 6 ladyboy friends that got them so far that they where allowed to come to school dress as they are " Girls "

But not with out the necessary aggression and abuse against them which went on for nearly 6 months until the school board give in and let them dress as girls , but with a 4 month review to see if all will go as agree up on and now i hear form her that this new semester they can attent the whole school year dress as they are " Girls "

Next Picture of " Rubi " with her ladyboy friend  " Tesa " attending a coctail party hosted by one of there school inhouse training hotels , it will be ashame if they have to cut there hair and dress as boy`s , fucking stupid dresscode !!!!

post-665-0-98272700-1358529716_thumb.png

post-665-0-36502200-1358529719_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

@Thaibound,

There is a lot of misinformation about the Philippine education system out there.  However, it is officially both compulsory and free. However, for various reason approximately 30% of students never make to any schooling...mostly do to lack of resources for uniforms, books, and supplies, and well as the opportunity cost of of having two hands at school, instead of at home helping with chores.  Also, there is a language of instruction issue, since there are hundreds of languages in the philippines, and schools are taught in only one or two languages...guess which two...so if you are Visayan in Cebu, your teacher is not teaching you in your own language.   Also, stealth is correct...boys must have short hair in the public school system.

The government has also set up a free alternative education system for those who have dropped out, and are trying to make there way in...I have a cebu ladyboy contact who recently at age 18 graduated from one of these programs...it allowed her to attend with long hair.

The more wealthy families have an abundance of choices from the elite Catholic prep schools, and other christian schools, and others.  Most of my call center LB contacts have attended these types of schools before going to college.  By the way...when you call Orbitz, Hotels.com, or Expedia...the managers of the call centers for those companies in Cebu are all ladyboys....so at least the middle class kids can get an education and jobs...although it is still very difficult.

Also, most kids graduate from high school at 16 or 17, not 18, and can take a national exam for entrance to college.  Therefore, a lot of young ladyboys at age 16, 17, and 18, if they don't do well on the exam and don't have money for college have a lot of free time on their hands even if they stayed in school through high school.   raSo as I recently learned, many of the girls on ladyboykisses are not in fact 18, but rather recent high school grads or drop outs who are only 15, 16, or 17, with nothing else to do...One of my cebu contacts graduated top of her class at public school (I saw the certificate on the wall at her home in the barangay), but of course had no money to continue, and with limited job prospects she trolls the internet looking for guys to help...and has apparently been doing that for 3 years...

Finally, college is very cheap in the Philippines compared to western standards.  Except for nursing programs, if you want to sponsor a girl to college, you could do it for about $1500 per year - all in (60,000 pesos)...to some that may seem steep, but if you want to do a good deed for the right girl...it is very cheap.

The bottom line...the school system is officially free, but most families can't afford the stuff to make attending a free school possible.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing about some of the challenges PI lbs face. The strong influence of the Catholic church has a lot to do with this, - almost ironic as many of the PI lbs personal ads ask this as a preference for their partner.

In LOS, in junior high and high school, lbs don't necessarily have to short hair - and a recent change in the education ministry lifted a rule that specified the length of hair for males. It was more the discretion of the principal to enforce the old rule.

LOS universities are a different matter - some universities do restrict what students can wear, especially for graduation. If the graduation ceremony is presided over by a Royal family member, lbs must wear male clothing and have short hair. I know of some lbs who have either skipped their graduation or wore short hair wigs, and borrowed male clothing to attend.

By the way...when you call Orbitz, Hotels.com, or Expedia...the managers of the call centers for those companies in Cebu are all ladyboys....so at least the middle class kids can get an education and jobs...although it is still very difficult.

Next time i'll book with Expedia and will make it in a way to have lots of troubles......so could call them.....and may be u know...one thing leads to another...

Being serious...after all the misery seen in Phi...i guess that just 5 % of ladyboys have opportunity to attend a high school... ( if not helped by a companion....but just by their family ) not only because of the poorness and misery...also for other reasons.

Is my impression correct?

Next time i'll book with Expedia and will make it in a way to have lots of troubles......so could call them.....and may be u know...one thing leads to another...

Being serious...after all the misery seen in Phi...i guess that just 5 % of ladyboys have opportunity to attend a high school... ( if not helped by a companion....but just by their family ) not only because of the poorness and misery...also for other reasons.

Is my impression correct?

Honestly, from my brief experience as well as what I believe to be sincere communications with the educated girls...I doubt that it is even 5% for ladybird with more than high school...probably 1% of ladyboys with college completion...so you have to talk to alot of ladybioys to to find the elite girls, but I think once you get in that group, you meet many rapidly since they all know each other, even if they are arch rivals.

don't like to think about these figures but the truth is the laryngoscope the most have ashitty situation in the Philippines..Stealth has it right.

I found this whole school subject to be very interested so i call my darling angel to ask her right on the spot info abouth it , this is her replay E@mail right from the source.....

Hi babe

Free education that our goverment implamenting for free education to all young people that cannot afford high standard of school like private schools,this free education is mostly recomended is public school that goverment held..
Elementary and high school all those both level are most free to all young people that wanting to enroll just to get in to public schools means that its nationwide implemented..
means that ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL schools has free education for the poor young people that cannot afford to get in high standard schools..
For college level there's some also a free vocational courses that you can enroll for free ,like welder, beautician and others that is only for vocational courses included..
Means that other courses like CULLINARY, Information Technology, NURSING, LAWYER, CRIMINOLOGY, EDUCATION,PHARMASYCIAN,TOURISM MANAGEMENT and others that im not mention are not for free ..
the free education you heard is for elementary and high school public schools only implemented..

Hope i answer your questions my love , kissess xxx

Your angel , rubi