Cambodia Visa Run-Which Company to Use?

bumblebee

Guys I have got to do the inevitable visa run next weekend, one of the joys of a long stay in Los. Anyway from looking around the internet I see that the Sportsman and the Queen Vic do a luxury one (6 seats) for 2500 B.

I know it can be done for 1800 or so in a 15 seater, but the extra 700 B is not an issue if it means avoiding a sweaty sardine can. From my apartment the Sportsman is the more convenient location so does anyone have a preference over which company I should use and why or even know of another good one I have missed.

Thanks guys.

I used 1st Class Visa Runs a couple of years ago. It's the one that now goes from the Queen Vic. It used to operate out of Witherspoons Pub on Soi Buakhao so maybe that is the one mardhi was thinking about? It has been a few years since I used the service. Good bucket seats and they have a DVD movie player. It helps if someone brings some good movies. The movie selection was bad/stupid for my visa run. Perhaps someone will have more up to date info. It's pretty boring unless you are lucky enough to be one of those people that can sleep through most of the trip.

• Upvote 1

I taken dozens of border runs over the years BB...Trust me there ain't a whole lot of difference between the 6 person van and the 9 person van...they all get you there and back in some comfort...I'm an easy van sleeper though...I used to take the 6 person van from Soi 6...but now I prefer the less expensive 9 person vans who pick me up and drop me off at my hotel...There are several places on Soi Buakhao south of Soi 15 that offer the run from about 1800 baht...As they say, six of one, half a dozen of another...Up to you...

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, I have a week to weigh up my options. My concern is that Farangbah took one from a Buakhao operator last year and said the driver was almost manic in his driving.

At the border he took a taxi back to Pattaya as he was so concerned for his safety. Maybe I am being naive but I presume the more expensive one would have seat belts available, not tied away behind the seat like is common on many mini vans.

This is again old info but 1st Class did have an afternoon run that booked up way in advance. Otherwise you had to do the early morning run (6 AM?). If it matters you might want to check out possible departure times at the various places to make your decision. I am not a plane, train or automible sleeper unfortunately. So I had to get started before sunrise for my shuttle and then was awake the whole time.

• Upvote 1

If it helps at all Khun Bumblebee the run over and back is almost all on 4 lane highways...There is only a small part that is on a two lane road where a passenger might feel uncomfortable...That being said, I have never had a driver that frightened me...But maybe that is just the luck of the draw...

On the other hand, I have had many taxi drivers who scare the hell out of me on the trip from the airport to Pattaya...and that is all on 4 or more lanes wide...Perhaps it has something to do with how we perceive danger...

Here at home I have a kinda sorta fast car...A Mustang GT...I scare the hell out of myself all the time...But I do love the scare...

• Upvote 1