Eve of destruction. Are we there yet?

pacman

Enough ramblings from me. Yes, it's not good news, but I doubt it will be the end of the world. If it is though, don't tell me. I'd rather spend my last few days thinking about rainbows, puppy dogs and blowjobs.

As much as I like to keep a handle on more light-hearted news I would personally rather spend my time in ignorant bliss with regard to my apparent impending demise.

This seems a common theme: don't tell me any bad news, if I don't know what's happening, I will be much happier.

That's fine by me. Though just how you avoid this subject with all the media coverage everywhere you look, I don't know. I can't turn on the news without seeing endless reports on the matter. But I watch them because I am interested in what's going on & I attribute that to a weekly lunch I had for nearly 15 years with a Jewish colleague who worked for Mossad in his younger days. Quite a raconteur he is & he gave me much insight into the Jewish/Palestinian problem.

I enjoyed our weekly lunches, I wish he was well enough to do it again. The poor bastard is almost deaf & I wouldn't want to share our conversation with the rest of the restaurant. Probably scare them half to death. He does have a very bleak outlook on where this is all heading. Perhaps that's where I get it from.... :sign0007:

Maybe we should adopt you as our "canary in the coal mine"? :happy0065:

Why stop there? I can be the resident "bull in a china shop", the "cat among the pigeons", the "wolf in sheep's clothing", the "dog in a manger"... it goes on & on. Take your pick.

Some might argue for "a rat in the ranks", a very Australian slur that I don't think I deserve. Canarys & bulls maybe, not rats. Not IMO.

I have had the good fortune to have spent an adult lifetime in the hallowed halls, the cloisters. As a consequence I have a deep appreciation of good debate about matters of serious concern.

The downside, as some might see it, is that because one can't be everywhere, can't know everything, I am pretty dumb when it comes to topics of the so-called streetwise variety. So be it. It's a trade off I am more than happy to embrace. But it does leave a man of my type gasping for breath sometimes on the forums. I just do not know and cannot understand much of what many FMs seem to take for granted, as in-house knowledge. Again, so be it.

But when a forum does have an outlet like a Boiler Room for non-LB issues, or dare we call them, more elevated topics of global concern, I for one am pleased. So when an FM raises a topic of this genre I am happy to read and learn, absorb opinion and evaluate stances and views.

OK Ken, I hear others saying, if you want that shit, go do other kinds of forums. Don't fret; I do. But I still don't see why there can't be debate or information or opinion on a LB forum that is concerned with world political developments. And if opinion is put there, and views - whether others see them as bad or otherwise - vented, then it should be taken as simply that. If others want to ignore, ignore. If they want to debate, debate.

But it is beyond me why we get into personal attack and slanging matches over such issues. Or the way they're put.

I think there's space for all of us here, on a mature forum, to have and even impart our own idiosyncracies.

EDIT: I have just realised I may need a disclaimer less others see me as inconsistent in my tolerances. I do not consider racism a harmless idiosyncracy.

Maybe we should adopt you as our "canary in the coal mine"? :happy0065:

sorry DT but that canary is supposed to warn of the *real* danger of imminent death, not the news-media-distorted possibility that yet-another mid-east-centric blow-up will end civilization as we know it (anyone remember the yom kippur war? the israelis' bombing of iraq's 'nuclear' facility? 9/11?--any one think this is really, ultimately, worse?) filtered through the eyes and pen of a guy who seems proud of his callous disregard for the opinions of others:

"regularly caught up in wars of my own making on the old TLF site, it didn't bother me then, it bothers me less today."

then again, since kahuna's feisty young nephew (for one at least) might not mind seeing pman pull a carradine (asphyxiation being the method by which said canary must give true warning) online -- and pman might enjoy it any way --

"if I get a reaction, I don't mind, in fact I rather enjoy it in a masochistic way".

...i'll sign those adoption papers. even if just to let me get back to my blissfully ignorant pursuit of rainbows -- especially ones with tight asses and long smooth legs. :party0049:

:character00218:

ps

if i did know a former massad agent -- and i swear to christ i do not. never did. don't now. never wlll. i swear. :20: -- i sure as shit wouldn't be bragging about it online, even if it were on some mongering site about chicks with dicks....i mean, you think there's any chance in hell they don't already know who the fuck you're talking about blabbering post-company down under?

seriously.

i can only hope you're bullshitting for the attention you confess you love so dearly.

or you might be a canary for more than some bored mongers. :ph34r:

:sign0007:

:help:

:o

:huh:

-- so how's that for melodramatic hyperbole --

:party0011:

now get outta here.

• Upvote 1

Ken, I’m a little disappointed.

As our resident Man of Letters, there were high hopes for your post. Did you read the whole thread? Cuz you kinda whiffed on your whinge, dude.

Now, as a make-up assignment, for homework I want you to get back in them hallowed halls of yours and write me an essay: a rhetorical analysis of this thread, employing the Close Reading and critical-thinking skills that seem to have somewhat abandoned you in your last writing. (You can skip over all the OP’s usual foot-in-mouth song and dance, unless you want to do it for extra credit.)

And you better do good too, cuz our collective forum GPA is riding on it...

Ken, I’m a little disappointed.

As our resident Man of Letters, there were high hopes for your post. Did you read the whole thread? Cuz you kinda whiffed on your whinge, dude.

Now, as a make-up assignment, for homework I want you to get back in them hallowed halls of yours and write me an essay: a rhetorical analysis of this thread, employing the Close Reading and critical-thinking skills that seem to have somewhat abandoned you in your last writing. (You can skip over all the OP’s usual foot-in-mouth song and dance, unless you want to do it for extra credit.)

And you better do good too, cuz our collective forum GPA is riding on it...

I've been patronised many a time, so when it happens on a forum should I be agitated? Unlikely.

But I will say this, as strongly as my polite gentle demeanour allows: don't push shit too far. I did not whinge. And, don't call me dude; I find that cheap American nomen close to offensive.

I am not the resident man of anything, and I see not a shred of evidence that anyone held anything by way of expectation for any post I might come up with or no.

Patronising me as my teacher setting me homework and trying to be so funny about GPAs etc. wins you no respect, given that you are someone I have huge feeling for, but do not wish to accept shit from. Let it go my friend.

• Upvote 1

The world goes on, and there will still be ladyboys in the aftermath. So while the world may end for some, it's not over until until the last ladyboy is gone. And I intend to try and fuck every last one of them.

"It's not over till the Fat Ladyboy shrieks."

Didn't someone famous say something like that? Or maybe it was just someone infamous.... or in Famous?

I've been patronised many a time, so when it happens on a forum should I be agitated? Unlikely.

But I will say this, as strongly as my polite gentle demeanour allows: don't push shit too far. I did not whinge. And, don't call me dude; I find that cheap American nomen close to offensive.

I am not the resident man of anything, and I see not a shred of evidence that anyone held anything by way of expectation for any post I might come up with or no.

Patronising me as my teacher setting me homework and trying to be so funny about GPAs etc. wins you no respect, given that you are someone I have huge feeling for, but do not wish to accept shit from. Let it go my friend.

Well put Mr. Ken. I concur.

As far as the assault on Pacman is concerned I see no place for it in public. For some reason Paccie torques up Farangbah. Beats me why and I am not that interested in knowing why. I trust many on this forum could care less. It is obviously personal and should be dealt with at that level.

IMHO our forum is really no place for people to settle scores or lobby to gather a posy against someone else. Paccie has an opinion and he articulates it well. This forum needs that. We do not have to agree with a poster's position in order to appreciate it. I read ALL the posts everyday and do not always agree with things that are expressed. Some posts upset me. Some posts are stupid IMO. But hell, isn't that what it is all about. It's okay. It is life and life is rich even when it is stupid.

FB, as you said to me when I was admonishing others for posting while under the influence: "Live and let live". Same same methinks.

I hope we all let this go.

I hope we all let this go.

agreed-- and i hope my own attempt at extended parody did not do undue damage to paccie's psyche.

where the hell is that 'tongue in cheek' emoticon when you need it, eh?

and fb, i'll buy you two drinks when i see you. :drinks:

meantime, i'll try to stick with music clips (mostly) free of misinterpretation.

now, back to the ladyboys :party0011:

:character00218:

agreed-- and i hope my own attempt at extended parody did not do undue damage to paccie's psyche.

I'll send you my psychologist's bill... :biggrin:

I have had posters screaming at me in the past, today I take it all with a grain of salt. I used to wonder what I had done but I remembered I didn't have to do anything. And then it stopped being my problem.

and fb, i'll buy you two drinks when i see you. :drinks:

I can offer you both a cup of tea. But who would we talk about? Never mind, enjoy yourselves guys, I never did qualify for the cool crowd... :sad0116:

ps

if i did know a former massad agent -- and i swear to christ i do not. never did. don't now. never wlll. i swear. :20: -- i sure as shit wouldn't be bragging about it online, even if it were on some mongering site about chicks with dicks....i mean, you think there's any chance in hell they don't already know who the fuck you're talking about blabbering post-company down under?

seriously.

i can only hope you're bullshitting for the attention you confess you love so dearly.

or you might be a canary for more than some bored mongers. :ph34r:

Rather than go into detail about what I know about my friend's career, or rather what I don't know about it, because in 30 years of knowing each other he never discussed it. Imagine going to lunch every week with a guy who you think you know everything about & then find after 20 years, you don't even know his real name?

One day I was at his business when a foreign gentleman walked in. This guy spoke good English but then my friend asked him something in a language I had never heard him use. They chatted away & when the guy left I asked my friend what was he speaking because it didn't sound like Yiddish. He speaks fluent Yiddish. It's not he said, it was Arabic.

"When the fuck did you learn Arabic?" I asked him.

"A long time ago" was all he said. I quizzed him some more but he has this habit of clamming up & further questions went unanswered.

Fast forward about 10 years & one day he was talking to another gentleman from the Middle East & they got excited about something, turned out they lived near each other.... in Damascus!

"When the fuck did you live in Damascus?" I asked. Same answer, a long time ago.

Some years later over a drink, I asked him about his other life. And there, late at night, after all those years, he just said that when he was a young man, his hair was black & he looked like an Arab. And while doing his time on a kibbutz over 50 years ago, he was approached to go live in a few neighbouring countries. "Mossad?" I asked. He nodded.

And that is all I know. It doesn't sound very exciting to relate the full story, I took poetic licence to call him a "Mossad agent". It saved a lot of typing & helps me with my attention seeking.

But we did have about 700 lunches together at rough count & he was very outspoken about the Palestinian situation. He told me many stories & I wish he was in better health so I could catch up with his latest thoughts. All his friends at "temple" were equally opinionated. It was one of them who gave away his real name. Blimey, what a bunch of characters those old Jewish gentlemen are. I miss them.

As Zimmerman said:

Back to the topic, the Mideast is a powder keg fueled by oil.

It'll take some difficult diplomacy to get things sorted.

Zimmerman is a prophet, He was way ahead of his time. The songs he sang in the 60s and 70s are still pertinent today, and with him, we must use the word "sing" rather loosely. ;)

One can still get a lot of subtle meaning out of this song for as things stand in the world today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3xJf8t_hK0

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen

Please heed the call

Don't stand in the doorway

Don't block up the hall

For he that gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And it is ragin'.

It'll soon shake your windows

And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

Pacman, this is a ladyboy forum.

I gotta wake up on a Saturday morning, after a lovely evening out in Bangkok watching a ladyboy beauty pageant and playing with cocks in panties, and use my short amount of free time to go to my favorite ladyboy forum and read this shit?

It's almost certainly too late for you (and you probably won't learn it from a ladyboy forum), but if you had tried a little harder when you were younger you may have seen that the glass is, in fact, half full. And until the bomb drops on me, I'm gonna be sucking cock and not crying in my drink or making other people feel worse around me on a ladyboy forum...

PS -- Your argument is full of fallacies, namely what's called a logical fallacy in attacking the straw man ("Aunt Sally" for those in the UK). Half the time it's not what you say on this or any other ladyboy forum but how you say it that's so fucking irritable. And before you start: no, I won't be baited into an argument -- this is a ladyboy forum and I've wasted too much time on this drivel already.

PPS -- Khun Kahuna, please don't forget to pick up my underwear while you're stockpiling ammo...

Shit! This is the Boiler Room. Any topic is ok, other than insults toward the Thai Royal Family. Pacman was well within his rights to post it., If you don't like it, no one forced you to read it., After a couple of sentences you could have stopped and moved on, rather than get all offended and whine about it. It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more than simply a whine. 'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I'm offended by that,' well so fucking what?

Carry on Mr Pacman. Post as you see fit. Some will like it, and some won't. Ya can't always please everybody.

I have no qualms with news threads. People post them all the time.

I usually don’t pay much attention to them of course because it’s not why I come to ladyboy forums. When I want the news I go to actual news sources, and form my own opinions. It’s when people try to make my opinions for me that I have a problem.

The tone and delivery here were designed to induce fear, starting with the title. And by starting with that title, this guy swindled me into opening his thread and reading his words. And then he tried to swindle me with those words. And I take exception to that. I also take exception when people try to brainwash by passing off opinion and speculation as fact, with trademark lack of support or evidence.

I kept reiterating the term “ladyboy forum” to remind us why we’re all here – we come here in our free time to enjoy ourselves. Not to have someone try to instill fear in us because that’s what he feels all the time.

Yes, Pacman, you are a fear monger. The fact that you claim to have not considered this, in the face of your vast posting history, says that you’re either lying to us or dumber than I thought you were.

Bullcrap as far as I'm concerned. I didn't read anything in the OP that I had not heard on the news or considered myself. I doubt someone tied you to chair in front of the computer monitor, and pried your eyelids open and forced you to read this thread. You saw who started the thread and you saw the title. What did you expect? Furry bunnies and lollipops?

You are attacks and accusations toward Pacman are without warrant and I hope he won't take it as reason to change his posting habits.

That's exactly where I got the thread title from. I was on Youtube looking for a song & saw Maguire's old hit. I remember when it was released, I loved it then, I love it now. It is very Dylan-esque, similar to Bob's The Times They Are A-Changin', except with a darker, heavier tone. More menacing, more urgent. It is a song for the ages & it got me thinking about Israel & the latest trouble, then the idea to post about it came into mind.

It was an easy jump to pinch the song title for the thread, three simple words that sum up the "fears" of most of us. I did consider whether I was being melodramatic... again!... then added 'Are we there yet?' to tone down the implication implicit in the title. I do love attention seeking headlines, it's a personal foible where I eschew the banal & the insipid. And if I get a reaction, I don't mind, in fact I rather enjoy it in a masochistic way. I have always been criticised for pointing out various dangers on the forums. I was regularly caught up in wars of my own making on the old TLF site, it didn't bother me then, it bothers me less today.

Good for you Paccers. That is the right attitude to have, I am glad the whining of one forum member won't slow you down. I'd have been surprised if it had.

Looking forward to some more red Aussie wine and lamb brains with you again someday.

Looking forward to some more red Aussie wine and lamb brains with you again someday.

Ahh, the curried lambs brains! Something I never thought could be so good. Did you ever go back for more? That will be our first job the next time we meet, I had forgotten all about them & no one could imagine how good they were unless they tried them.

I am off out right now to a favourite Indian restaurant where the house speciality is the goat curry. I have been looking forward to it all day. And I have a highly recommended shiraz for washing it all down. I should post my report on it in the Wine thread.

agreed.

and excellent link, Lefty.

hope dixondicks doesn't flame you too much for slowing the world down.

i, for one, prefer the ambling pace.

because i was soooo much older then, but i'm younger than that now.

So do you mean we have both a Dixon Cox and a Dixondicks as members here? I called Dixon Cox, penises and wieners. Same same right? :yahoo:

:happy0065: Dixon Cox, he be cool man. I never known him to be a flamer. :db: