Do You Have Gangnam Style?

DownLoLarry

BTW: POTUS says he can do the Gangnam...

Post #7

During a radio spot with WZID-FM in New Hampshire, the commander in chief was pressed on whether he and first lady Michelle would do a rendition of the South Korean rapper PSY's hit, which has hundreds of millions of views on YouTube.

"I just saw that video for the first time," Obama replied. "I think I can do that move. But I'm not sure that the inauguration ball is the appropriate time to break that out."

"Maybe," he concluded, "do it privately for Michelle."

I´ve never heard of this before. I doubt this crap makes it outside Asia. Does anyone here really like it?

It's a catchy tune but I am over it now after hearing it more than a dozen times. But having attained a gazillion hits on Youtube, it is going to be around forever like all those other one-hit wonder dance tracks. Think Macarena, One Night In Bangkok, U Can't Touch This, Dancing Queen, etc, all the way back to the Limbo & the Twist. (C'mon, surely you remember them)

As for making it outside Asia, PSY was in Australia for a lightning visit a few weeks back & was on every talent & dance show on TV; on every news broadcast around the country & performed in Sydney to 1000's of people.... at 8 o'clock in the morning.

And when he was interviewed, he came across as a very smart, nice guy. He has certainly put K-Pop on the map. (K for Korean)

Ohh ok ok. Pardon me. It´s pure quality. If the masses like it , it must be good.

It´s a musical masterpiece, not to mention the intelligent lyrics.

I can trash my Dylan records now. This is it!!

Obama chosed Springsteen for his very last campaign day, but imagine how big his win wouldve been, should he chose psy instead.

Ohh ok ok. Pardon me. It´s pure quality. If the masses like it , it must be good.

Of course. The public is never wrong.

It´s a musical masterpiece, not to mention the intelligent lyrics.

It's a financial masterpiece. Someone is cleaning up with that little ditty.

I can trash my Dylan records now. This is it!!

Steady on! A bit of an over-reaction, n'est pas?

Gangnam Style horsedance leads to shooting at Issan Morlam.

Two young men in Ubon Ratchathani Province in northeast Thailand are in serious condition after a man shot them, one in the face, with a shotgun in the early hours of Sunday morning, according to newspaper Khao Sod.

Their crime? Dancing the chubby Korean superstar’s trademark Gangnam Style “horse dance” at a Morlam.

The alleged shooter, Wichet “Boy” Kunket, 19, is on the run.

The incident is not the first time Gangnam Style has led to shootings in Thailand.

In September, a Gangnam Style dance-off led to a gun battle in Bangkok’s Ekkamai District.

http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/gangnam-style-leads-to-gunplay-again-in-thailand/

Are you kidding me...this song is almost played out in California already...I was going to do "Pattaya Style" music video with singing ladyboys, but was afraid the novelty would be worn out by now! But this song is a Total pop trash hit, that unifies youth culture throughout the world.

"Opa Pattaya Style....hey sexy lady....." I should have done if for my tribute video...lol.

Anybody on the ground in Patts want to get me some footage of local ladyboys lipsyncing the words in various clubs...I will put the video together!

Of course we need a fat Korean guy with sun glasses as the protagonists....any suggestions...lol

Cheers,

Randi

I like music that reminds me of Pattaya and I like Girl Groups too!

Pattaya 2010 you couldn't get away from this one from the Wonder Girls!

I'm with my buddy PD on this one. I don't know Wonder Girls, but when I was wandering around Pantip Plaza on the last trip I walked by a stall that was playing a concert by Girl's Generation. I'd never even HEARD of K-Pop before, but I was transfixed. Hot asian girls singing and dancing and wearing sexy outfits? I'm all in.

I still don't know if their music is worth a damn, but just the concept alone gives me a boner.

• Upvote 2

I'm with my buddy PD on this one. I don't know Wonder Girls, but when I was wandering around Pantip Plaza on the last trip I walked by a stall that was playing a concert by Girl's Generation. I'd never even HEARD of K-Pop before, but I was transfixed. Hot asian girls singing and dancing and wearing sexy outfits? I'm all in.

I still don't know if their music is worth a damn, but just the concept alone gives me a boner.

thanks for the SNSD vid DT, I'm a big fan of their works :happy0065: