The Philippines - FAQ

Stealth007

18 hours ago, Fenton said:

Thats got potential if you got the lobes 

Quark would love a ladyboy threesome with a Flipper 6 inches in each ear.   :db:

Here is a website, though perhaps not completely accurate or up to date:

http://www.clark-airport.com/flight-schedules.htm

Getting to AC from the airport has greatly improved now that a bus is running direct from the airport to the S&M mall in Angeles for about 450 pisos.    I was able to walk from there to my hotel or a trike is 100 pisos (offer 80 and settle on 100).  Of course it is helpful if you know Aquino Airport in Manila and also AC. 24 hour service.  Previously, one had to take a short taxi ride to the Victory or 5 Star bus terminals in Manila which were somewhat dodgy after midnight.

Getting to the airport in Manila is more problematic as you can't reserve a space on the bus which you would want to do if you have a flight to catch.  The alternative is a not too expensive car service for around 2500 pisos but whether a bus or car service you will need to build in lots of extra time for traffic.

A couple of years ago I had a choice between a non-stop between Manila and Phnom Penh or Clark to Phnom Penh with a stop in Singapore.  I chose Clark.  Problem with stops in Singapore though is for some itineraries from Europe or the USA, it can't be done on one ticket putting one at risk  if a flight is delayed and perhaps there might be extra Covid restrictions. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well, here goes.

It looks like my trip to Europe and coming back via Thailand is going to happen. Of course Pattaya will be in the mix. Spend time with my gf. Think she wants to go back to PhiPhi Islands.

I might tag on a trip to the Philippines as well. Not much extra cost. Would go to Manila as It would only be for 3 or 4 nights. Just want to check it out. It sounds like it might be worthwhile.

Any ideas on what to do and where to go for such a short visit?. I am not much of a tourist. Prefer to check out the lb scene.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been to Philippines since June 2019 so can only give you a general idea of the place prior to covid. The last 2 trips I have avoided Manila completely as was mainly sightseeing in other parts of the country.

There are no lb bars as are found in Thailand. The main bar action in Manila itself is in Makati and Malate/Ermita areas. I prefer Makati as it has more al fresco bars where you can sit and people watch. Most bars are in and around P. Burgos St. For places to stay there are numerous hotels, guesthouses, B'n'B's etc and will depend on your budget and level of comfort desired. If you want to be right in the centre of the nightlife area there is the Best Western Oxford Suites which is mid range along with City Garden Hotel. A bit more expensive is the City Garden Grand or IM Hotel.

In P Burgos St there will be a number of lb's hanging around outside most of the bars and some will be inside the likes of Cafe Cubana.

Otherwise you might want to go to Angeles City (AC) which is about a 90 minute drive out of Manila on the new Skyway if going be taxi or car transfer to hotel and costs about 3500 peso which is around $A100. Cheaper ways are available by bus with the quickest by Genesis P2P bus which leaves from terminal 3 for 450-500 peso. It used to run from around 3 am to midnight on the hour but now I think it is only from 8am to 7pm.

Plenty of bars, nightclubs, discos etc in AC in Fields Ave which is turned into Walking Street in the evening. Plenty of lbs hanging around there from 9pm specially outside Phillies Bar at the end of walking street. Again plenty of hotels catering to all budgets. I recommend Pacific Breeze if it is back open after renovations (expected in August /September) which is one street back from Fields Ave. In same street is Score Birds Hotel but I haven't stayed there but hear it is good. Others a short walk away in buddget to mid range would be Devera Hotel, Queens Hotel and Prime Asia. Top of the line hotels include ABC Hotel which is a 10 minute walk away or Fields Plaza right at the bottom end of walking street.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, sydneyjohn57 said:

I haven't been to Philippines since June 2019 so can only give you a general idea of the place prior to covid. The last 2 trips I have avoided Manila completely as was mainly sightseeing in other parts of the country.

There are no lb bars as are found in Thailand. The main bar action in Manila itself is in Makati and Malate/Ermita areas. I prefer Makati as it has more al fresco bars where you can sit and people watch. Most bars are in and around P. Burgos St. For places to stay there are numerous hotels, guesthouses, B'n'B's etc and will depend on your budget and level of comfort desired. If you want to be right in the centre of the nightlife area there is the Best Western Oxford Suites which is mid range along with City Garden Hotel. A bit more expensive is the City Garden Grand or IM Hotel.

In P Burgos St there will be a number of lb's hanging around outside most of the bars and some will be inside the likes of Cafe Cubana.

Otherwise you might want to go to Angeles City (AC) which is about a 90 minute drive out of Manila on the new Skyway if going be taxi or car transfer to hotel and costs about 3500 peso which is around $A100. Cheaper ways are available by bus with the quickest by Genesis P2P bus which leaves from terminal 3 for 450-500 peso. It used to run from around 3 am to midnight on the hour but now I think it is only from 8am to 7pm.

Plenty of bars, nightclubs, discos etc in AC in Fields Ave which is turned into Walking Street in the evening. Plenty of lbs hanging around there from 9pm specially outside Phillies Bar at the end of walking street. Again plenty of hotels catering to all budgets. I recommend Pacific Breeze if it is back open after renovations (expected in August /September) which is one street back from Fields Ave. In same street is Score Birds Hotel but I haven't stayed there but hear it is good. Others a short walk away in buddget to mid range would be Devera Hotel, Queens Hotel and Prime Asia. Top of the line hotels include ABC Hotel which is a 10 minute walk away or Fields Plaza right at the bottom end of walking street.

Great post, very informative for Philippines newbies. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sydneyjohn57 said:

Thanks for the info SJ.