The Philippines Hotel Review

Stealth007

• 2 months later...

Adding some Manila/P Burgos reviews

Best Western Oxford Suites standard 19th floor (1910) has no hot water, ants/roaches, disrepair, no in room safe and elevator takes forever. It has bum guns tho and balcony. Moved to 7th floor standard room and newer furniture, no bugs, has hot water,  in room safe, balcony but no bum gun. You want any suite ending in 08, 09 or 10 to see the street action or one of the suites with wrap around  windows. I would say 1010, 910, 810 ect are the best cheapest rooms. Lowest floor with balcony is 5, ask if 510 or 509 is avail and check it out first will have the best views of freelancers. No asking girl for ID just security guy in lobby at night asking for room number if you bring 2+ chicks back. They always fuck up something here, like broken wifi or missing towels, ect. Security is OK, walked out to my floor once and saw a row of shady looking local G wannabes loitering around who I thought were going to rob me in the hall. Left of you is Starbucks and ATMs for intl bank cards (Chinabank), and a family mart. Right/straight is Cafe Cubana, and piles of freelancers.

Royal Bellagio Jr suite is good value, best bed I've found yet. Bum guns. Little window you can open in bathroom. Elevator takes forever but in best location (inside cafe cubana). Half the time bypass 2nd floor lobby completely and go straight to room. Cleaner than Best Western. Nothing fucked up by staff but no in room safe, must use lobby safe. Security is OK considering anybody can go upstairs if elevator security attendant not there. Phones everywhere in halls to call for emergency. Best option is this hotel imho

Citadel Inn located across street from 7/11 on PBurgos is hilariously dilapidated but has balcony and decent staff. Room decor is sealed in the early 80s, very cheap but at least clean. No bum gun but has detached shower head. No in room safe, lobby safe only. Security is OK. Long elevator wait.

Sunette Tower Condo Suites. Nightmare + 1. Elevator down right frightening, didn't even check out rooms I was so scared of that shitty ready to crash elevator. Looks like a dump.No security when I was there.

Makati Diamond Residences beside Greenbelt. 5 star, no prob with LB guest but I pre registered her name. Crazy amount of security staff with dogs and sometimes rifles. Rooms are excellent, pool is excellent. Staff excellent.

Herald Polaris Suites. Perfect business hotel, not girl friendly. Used it as a business base of operations and rented fuck pads. Some of the freelancers share an incall near tickle bar so you don't even need a mongering room. Just 1 block from PBurgos but highly dangerous to walk at late night, sketchy drug addicts everywhere in side streets but Polaris St is safe, walk down Durban (same street BWestern is on) and down Polaris at night, not the other streets like the one beside Makati Palace its a dark  lit robbery waiting to happen. Security excellent  Rooms extremely clean and new but small. Has guest policy of no unregistered guests after 10pm so OK with  gf but not bar girls or freelancers. Really good hotel and quiet. Bum guns.

• Like 1

Some more hotel reviews as I quest for fuck pads.

ZEN Rooms Alley 8 Makati: dirt cheap, big very clean rooms with balcony, and within 30sec walking distance of Best Western or Mixed Nuts. Paid $32/night USD. Used only as a fuck hotel because very loud at night with bars all around cranking music and karaoke. Security is also very lax, would not keep any valuables here. There's another ZEN hotel beside it on Durban st but no balcony and more money.

MPT Suites: If you've ever stayed at the Oxford Suites Best Western, while waiting for the elevator if you look out the hall window you'll see a derelict tower. That's MPT. Great location but total roach infested shithole. I would stay at the Citadel Inn before here. Checked a room, refused to stay. Located by Mixed Nuts.

RedDoorz Bel Air: Hard to find as the lobby is a bare office. Its across street from Herald Polaris by 7/11. Condos aren't too bad, you get a balcony. No bugs but half assed cleaning, bring your own towels and things. Lots of locals stay here so very loud with kids everywhere. Wifi didn't work. 30 second walk to Cafe Cubana but be careful at night, lots of homeless/crackheads in the side street. I always walked down Durban or I walked down Makati ave to get there if late at night. Again Polaris St is ok safety wise but the side streets feeding into P.Burgos are a 3rd world dump after dark so walk around them.

Dragonlink suites: office located beside RedDoorz. You rent a condo beside century mall so not in same bldg. Total dump, roaches and half assed cleaning. Fly by night outfit so impossible to get a hold of them once they have your money. I didn't stay, only checked room and a British guy in the elevator told me whatever I do don't stay here. Security is shit too.

Jazz Residences: Finally a half decent condo. If you can get Tower B it has the least long wait for the elevator. You have to pay cash daily to use the pool but it's huge. Small rooms, but get a balcony in most of them. I used Airbnb instead of local agencies. Has its own mall for anything you want. Highly recommended and was only $35/night for an OK sized 1bedroom. Food delivery is easy too, right to your door whereas other places I noted security makes you come down. Not good for taking back random girls, need to register a guest so GF option not freelancer option.

Trump Tower is baller to the max and about $40-80/night off Airbnb depending on suite size but none avail during my time here.

• Like 1

More hotel reviews, for Salcedo Village in Makati (12min walking distance to Cafe Cubana or 60-80php Grab/Taxi fare)

Salcedo is super safe, no Sir Massage? or pickpocket kids. Tons of really good looking girls around. Restaurants to take a date everywhere. Walk middle of the night and no problems.

Grand Valero Suites: Great hotel, sort of LB friendly the security take and hold IDs. Bum guns. Walk to Tsumura Sushi Bar which has a smoking room where you watch the Japanese owner slice up sushi. Prob one of the best restaurants I've been to. Walk to train station to go to Greenbelt or anywhere else. Cheap Filippino food galore, a Rustans Fresh supermarket  all within 2min walking. No smoking rooms u have to smoke in the garage which is 40+ degrees since militant Makati anti smoking laws.

Picasso Serviced Residences I'll try next in same area. Grab is so cheap to P.Burgos no point in staying there unless renting fuck pads at Alley 8 Zen rooms.

Edit: Citadel Inn update you can buy rooms or rent long term, info is posted in the lobby. 25k PHP for monthly rent or 2.8m PHP to buy a unit. Operates like a strata council from what I can tell.

The front counter guy is a total scammer though (when I was there), claiming all kinds of BS why they can't take cards (our machine is broken excuse) and tried to screw me with a shit room without a balcony even though I paid for one. Spent one second in there then back to lobby to remind him he just sold me a balcony room. (You already paid, can't switch rooms) When I told him to keep the money and give me back my deposit I asked for his name and told him I was calling the owners to fire his scammimg ass then of course magically a balcony room was available and magically the card reader worked, which I didn't use as he was so untrustworthy.  If you stay here treat the front desk like they are 5yrs old and get them to spell out exactly what the room offers or view it first because they will bait & switch then play dumb. He also tried to nickle and dime me for every dirty towel and electricity I didn't use. Thankfully I did not use the safe there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Full Makati Diamond Residences review. Even though they screwed me on check in making me wait forever for a room I paid for a year ago, it's prob one of my fave hotels.

Greenbelt 1 entrance is literally across the street, and you can walk to Cafe Havana easily to check out the enormous LB freelancer action but you will be sweating your nuts off as inside will be full, so only patio seating avail. Instead I went to Starbucks and relished the aircon (37degC here other day, 80% humidity so felt like 44)  and checked out the huge amount of freelancers.

Bringing one back to your room is fine before 10pm, then they ask for IDs/register. A good trick is avoid the front and always Grab/Taxi from the rear entrance, much more relaxed there security wise. I walked through both entrances with freelancers no problem or questions asked around 8pm.

There's a really good bar on the 28th floor you can smoke in, beer is about 200pesos but tons of whiskey on offer too. Not terribly priced for a supposed 5star hotel.

However I never got the chance to repeat Greenbelt because there's tons of girls/LBs at the hotel for some reason, many from Japan and Korea who picked me up in the common areas like the designated smoking area (rooms are non-smoking), bar and restaurant. I also totally slayed Weechat, just having the girl meet me at back entrance and sending her grab load to get there.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Although my hotel reviews can't be as extended as the ones @Stealth007 is providing, I will share some of my experiences.

The City Garden Hotel, is around the corner of P. Burgos street (Makati). It has all basics, is clean and affordable. Unlike a lot of other hotels, it still has smoking rooms available. But again ... pretty basic.

Somerset Olympia is on walking distance from Greenbelt in Makati. No smoking rooms available. A little tacky, small rooms. The breakfast was horrible. For sure a place I won't go back.

Somerset Millenium (Legazpi Village, Makati) was out of these 3 my favorite. It's more expensive than the other ones, but has beautiful, big rooms. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is awesome (you can order several dishes 'a la carte' which includes for example an excellent Nasi Lemak). A few minutes walk from Greenbelt. For both Somerset hotels, a taxi is required to visit P. Burgos Street, unless you want to take a loooong walk.

City Garden Hotel.JPG

Somerset Millenium (1).jpeg

Somerset Millenium (1).JPG

Somerset Millenium (2).jpeg

Somerset Millenium (2).JPG

Somerset Millenium (3).jpeg

Somerset Olympia hotel.JPG

• Like 1

• 6 months later...