Pattaya Street Food

DownLoLarry

When I'd come here on holiday, i'd be careful about what I ate and drank cause I didn't want to ruin a vacation being sick.

But now, I eat mostly street food, not just cause it's cheaper, but also because it's tastier.

One of my favorites is the chicken and rice stand on the NE corner of Pattaya Tai and Soi Buckhaou. It's always packed with Thais which ios a good indicator of food quality.

What are your favorites? :stuff:

if I am feeling really adventurous friend chicken on Pattaya Tai during the night. Aroi. :good:

Best thing about Pattaya Tai street food in the wee hours is you never know who you'll meet. You might be headed home alone and see a ladyboy you know or don't know at the market. :bbq:

The deserted shortcut to the market is interesting. It seems like the sort of space where in a dark corner someone should be getting head. :cold:

Yes I know the restaurant well. I was told by someone it was owned by the LK hotel or vice versa hence the initials LK (Leng Kee). Perhaps I dreamed it.

Ah sorry Sam I misunderstood your previous post. You could be right about that but I know what you mean about dreams and reality in Pattaya blurring into each other. :unsure:

KEBABs food of the gods , I eat them from all the carts

Truly one of my favorite things about Pattaya, they are very hard to get the further south you go :(

Try the lady who owns the cart right across from the Lucifer disco on Walking Street, usually right on the corner with soi diamond; 70 baht and she packs the freaking things, it's more of a meal than just a snack; the glossy storefronts who sell the Kebabs tend to be a rip-off, stick with the cart girls.

AB I introduced you to the burger place across from Famous. I am happy you trust me but surprised you think I am a girl. Must be those man breasts of mine. Have to get a more subtle bra.

lol i was not referring to you as a girl i know you came up with the place to eat....i was referring to other food stalls i have tried . with my girls..

If you like 'Moo Cropb' try the little Chinaman on the corner of Soi Boukhow & South Pattaya Rd... Nice attitude, always got a load of Thais eating there too.

Also there's a great little pasta wagon right where Soi Dianna meets Soi Boukhow & it's run by a small, but perfectly formed ladyboy. She's only young, she's just had someone buy her a pair of plastic tits, so ass to stop her going in the army.

Best stuff 'on the go' as got to be the Hound's kebabs, I've watched the kebab stall thing balloon over the past 5/6 years or so, since the first one at the top of Soi 3. It's the best thing going when you're pissed & you need a pit stop!!.. And as the Hound said, you won't get the shits either... But you will be farting like a bulldog, especially if you can eat 3 or 4 of the things on a session, like I do.

I'm a sucker for noodle soups. Over the years I have enjoyed a wide variety from flash wonderfulness in Singapore through to two minute instants at home on a Sunday evening.

I'm not very experienced in Thailand, having only been there on 4 short visits. But last time I ran into a lady in Soi 10 (Pattaya) with a little pushcart selling the most divine chicken noodle soup I have ever eaten. I like my soups hot but this just blew my head off (no, not that one, the noggin) via the several kinds of fresh and dried chilli mixes she adds or leaves you add as suits. Good well-cooked tender tasty chicken drumstick in the soup too along with other typical Asian boney bits. She wanders around in the evenings, and I never learned her route, but saw her from time to time on other drags.

Also this last time I was surprised late at night outside various venues to encounter English pie carts. I partook of course, as pies is also good late beer belly nosh. Not bad. Not great, but darnwell OK for Asia.

I concur , have gassed a few lbs over the years with my kebab induced symphony btw I had a bet with a chap called AJ off Pattaya addicts after a particular heavy drinking session that I would eat 6 from Fat Joes on Walking St 1 after the other, if I could he would pay for the kebabs and a barfine for a bird of my choice, me being a pig managed it and he had to cough 800 tbt to Doll House agogo for the little spinner doing the lesbo show in the club.

I never told him tho I had to go and puke the lot while he was paying up

6 man, that's brutal! Did the little girl from The Doll's House agogo get gassed?

I spued in the back of a Thai police pick up once, luckily no cunt saw it.

Never gotten sick or the shits from a Thai restaurant or food cart. The one in LOS I got so sick I thought I was gonna die was in Feb 2006 at an expensive seafood joint in BKK. If I had been able to think straight while in the throes of my affliction I'd have gone back and puked their fucking lobster all over their floor. I was puking at least once an hour for 12 hours and puked up more lobster than I ever could have consumed. Not sure how that happened.

Eating from food carts is the way to go for frugal folks who appreciate quality. I was just thinking how much money a guy could save per month if he only ate from food carts. If ya drank just water from the 1 baht per liter water dispensers you could save even more.

Never gotten sick or the shits from a Thai restaurant or food cart. The one in LOS I got so sick I thought I was gonna die was in Feb 2006 at an expensive seafood joint in BKK. If I had been able to think straight while in the throes of my affliction I'd have gone back and puked their fucking lobster all over their floor. I was puking at least once an hour for 12 hours and puked up more lobster than I ever could have consumed. Not sure how that happened.

Eating from food carts is the way to go for frugal folks who appreciate quality. I was just thinking how much money a guy could save per month if he only ate from food carts. If ya drank just water from the 1 baht per liter water dispensers you could save even more.

Try not eating, it's even cheaper :p

But seriously, I was just eating a superb, huge, 'Penang' curry with vegetable for 30 baht in my local food shop (they give me the big plate) & I thought about your post. You see I can tighten right up from time to time, due to either incredible, inherent, stinginess or sometimes because I just like tryng to live like a Thai would... And then sometimes just for fun, myself & a friend who lives here in CMX get into a bit of subsistence living up in the mountains, just for the 'crak'... Anyway if I eat in Thai food shops, use the local 'Lao Khow' bars (some even have LB's in them) & use the mountain bike or trainers rather than the motorbike or car I can have a fucking good time, keep fit & stuff myself all for about 3,500 baht PW including rent (for a house), bills, internet & ganga... And I'm not kidding. Of course my average weekly spend is more, probably between 7/10,000 baht PW, but I'm not really living any better, just possibly throwing a shag in here or there?

Just the food stalls & water dispensers on their own, I reckon you could do it for about 7/800 baht PW, but you'd have to find a tent to live in.

Sometimes I impose this lifestyle on myself out of sheer, unadulterated guilt after going down to the 'Smoke' & spunking about 3/4,000 baht a day on shit food, shit chicks, shit piss & shit accommodation! Why I still do it I just don't know

Great spew story, by the way! :bbq::cold:

• Upvote 1