Bangkok Pattaya Phuket

BBQ

Greetings gentlemen! I will be going to Thailand for the first time. My plan is to visit Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket. Is there any particlar order that makes sense? How about Bangkok to Phuket to Pattaya and then go back home from Pattaya?

• Upvote 1

There are asy flights from Bangkok to Phuket, Air asia, Thai amd Bangkok air all fly there.

I believe Bangkok Air fly to Utapao - nr Pattaya. Otherwise you will have to fly back to bangkok and then get the bus/taxi to Pattaya (1.45hrs)

An average return ticket to phuket is about 5k bt (cheaper on Air Asia)

You didn't mention how long your trip is but here's my two baht.

Start out in Bangkok, stay at a hotel within very easy walking distance of Nana Plaza. Next stop is a taxi to Pattaya. By now, you'll have figured out if you prefer Bangkok or Pattaya.

Then hop a flight to Phuket. So now you'll know which of the three you like best and can adjust your time in Phuket accordingly. Then fly back to either Bangkok or Pattaya, whichever you like best to wind up the trip. Then a taxi to the airport which is located in between Bangkok and Pattaya.

Enjoy your trip, and if you have questions just ask. We have a friendly bunch of guys here.

Thank you gentleman. Good advice about planes and trying all three places and adjusting my plans on the fly. When I'm going depends on when I can take my vacation time. If I can take the time off in October then I can see the ladyboy water volleyball.

Good for you for taking in Phuket as well!

Most new people only see Pattaya and Bangkok, and they are missing out on a great place.

I think any person who has, say, 3 weeks to travel in Asia should do a week in each city. Good luck with your planning and I hope you enjoy Thailand; believe it or not most people who travel there usually have their dreams exceeded by the reality of what they find!

Greetings gentlemen! I will be going to Thailand for the first time. My plan is to visit Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket. Is there any particlar order that makes sense? How about Bangkok to Phuket to Pattaya and then go back home from Pattaya?

BBQ, I personally would go with your first inkling of doing BKK-Phuket-Pattaya and doing it in that same order.

I did this myself two years ago with Ubon-Rachathani in between the BKK and Phuket legs.

The reasons being, once you have landed its a shorter trip and time to and from Bangkok from the Airport

(traffic permitting) after maybe a long Flight.

I dont know how long you are staying but for example say its 2 weeks.

I would myself stay in BKK for 3 nights close to the Nana Plaza Area which is on Sukhumvit Soi 4

(plenty of good accomodation on Sukhumvit Road area between Soi's 2 and 23 ) before heading back to the Airport and on to Phuket.

This gives you a multiple choice of Airlines, Thai, Bangkok Air and Air Asia etc and you will be able to choose a Flight anytime of day but Air Asia will probaly be the cheapest option and remember you will have a 45 minute taxi ride from the Airport to your accomodation in Patong.

A 4 night stay in Phuket would be then just about perfect imho, plenty of time to settle down and then sample the delights of one or more girls in jimbo's Cocktail and Dreams Bar.

Jimbo is a fantastic host as well as being a great guy and he will help you along no end, you wont go wrong here trust me.

I would have also recommended to stay at The Place to Stay but Im not sure about the situation now with its owner Tom, another sound guy btw.

There are other places around, maybe you could PM jimbo for his recommendations.

Then on to Pattaya for a week in which you will find the prices are less for the Girls and Beer

(especially BKK) :yahoo:

I personally would pre-book a Flight with Bangkok Air from Phuket to Pattaya (U-Tapao) on their twin prop AT72 which was fun

They have two Flights a day but one I think stops off at Samui first so that would be a 2 and 1/2 Flight whereas the Direct is 1 hour 20 mins and departs at around midday which is a great time

Even though it maybe slightly more expensive, your baggage is off-loaded in seconds, straight through security and its only a 45 minute Taxi ride to the Heart of Pattaya from U-Tapao Airport at a cost of approx 500 baht.

So it will save you time considering you would have the same Flight time to BKK, then waiting a lot longer for your baggage and getting through passport control and then finally followed by a longer journey of 90-120 minutes, and if by Taxi a cost of approx 1000-1500 baht

After sampling the Delights of Pattaya of which there are many ;) its only a 800 baht Taxi ride back to the Airport

Well theres my two pennies worth BBQ :hi: , hope it helps you mate :drinks:

post-136-050406300 1298384684.jpg

Hey, BBQ! :bbq:

If you are who you say you are, you probably don't realize how lucky you are! You've stumbled upon this forum in its infancy, and in this very post you have received priceless information -- all five of these guys that have replied to you are some of the most experienced, well-known and respected, and well-traveled guys in our LB universe. Congrats! Ah, the beauty of a forum...

I shant claim to be as experienced as my esteemed colleagues, but do tend to include the Phuket leg more than most, and do the triple-circuit 2-3 times a year.

The first thought that came to mind from the other posts is -- the newness factor. We don't know your general demeanor and personality. If this is indeed your first trip to LOS, and what's more, your first real LB bar experience, then there may be more to consider than just travel arrangements when considering order of venues.

Bangkok has arguably the highest concentration of gorgeous ladyboys in the world, but without question, can be the most intimidating of the three. Walking into a go-go bar in Nana Plaza is not for the faint of heart. It's full-on, no room to hide, no holds barred, take no prisoners, and a whole lotta other scary phrases. A lot more can, and has been, said about this experience.

Might I suggest an alternate itinerary...

I usually grind it out upfront, connect in BKK on to Phuket. It's tiring, but then the worst is behind you. It's also the most tropical of the three. It's the most touristy (and therefore annoying, i.e. -- touts. but you'll be so happy you'll have the patience that some have lost), but you can ease a bit into Thai culture, sit on the beach, and start to get on "Thai time". But more importantly, you will go to Cocktails and Dreams bar on your first night and meet Jimbo.

No one ever forgets their first LB bar experience. I guzzled 5 beers and 5 shots in about 5 minutes, was visibly shaking, and oh so alone with sooo many questions. You can learn a lot on forums, and you may even be lucky enough to find someone that will be around and in the same place as you when you go, and willing to meet you at some point. But nothing accounts for when you actually hit the ground and walk in the bar, and all the real, tangible questions and concerns you will have.

Enter: Jimbo. You can count on him being there, and you can count on him patiently answering all your questions and guiding you on your way. I can't emphasize this enough -- just like traveling anywhere (and maybe more so), there's nothing like having someone on the inside to show you around. He would equip you with the on-the-ground armor to soldier on to new adventures. And besides that, his bar has the hottest ladyboys! And what's more, there is a spectrum of choices for you, and they are all groomed to assuage any concerns of being "taken" in any way.

I would then go on to Sodom by the Sea, sometimes known as Pattaya. A city of sex. You have broken your cherry by now and can enjoy a broader palette of bar styles. This stop requires the most prep work, perhaps -- the info/experiences being so vast and varied, it's not so easily laid out like the other two stops. But this is the place to find out what really are your tastes, as in bar styles and experiences. Devote the most time to this stop. And as the Duke said, it's by far the cheapest!

Then on to the big stage that is BKK. By now you're a dragon slayer and will have been groomed by enough people, and will have tested your own shtick enough to make an approach on Nana Plaza, and yet still be overwhelmed by the beauty before you, but not too overwhelmed to take flight.

Just my two cents. A bit long-winded, but maybe something in there will help...

Cheers, and safe travels.

FB

• Upvote 1