How Much do u give?

garrydirty

Okay uv been a boyfriend before, uv been a monger for 4 years now and along comes another one who seems to be ticking all the right boxes yes.....so like i say ive been hitting Patts 4-5 times a year last 5-6 years one relationship and plenty of fucking.... Now am starting to slow down abit and looking for one to spend sometime with on my next trip...have told her we will see how it goes next trip? have not sent any money (although did get asked once) told her NO........................................................................... what am would like to ask guys is what would ur total lay -out cash wise for ur girl for long-time, she is FL and ok i dont mind her staying with me in hotel to "see how it goes" dont mind laying out money for food hair etc but do u pay then daily i mean in the past have payed daily or even weekly, have even tried to lay it out,saying like i will take care u and pay u xxx however at times xxx is sometimes too much or not enough where they are concerned am just asking guys for abit ov in-put before my next trip in OCT-NOV....and was just wondering how its been for u in the past? I mean most ov us have been at this crossroads before yes? Regards Garry

• Upvote 1

My dad on a cruise when he got his endowment payout from the mortgage on the family house which also co-incided with my folks silver wedding anniversary ,(in the days you actually got some money after 25 years of saving) gave in advance 50% of the tip amount which was quite a lot in those days - he said to the stewards/waiters whatever "take good care of us and at the end (of the cruise), there will be the same again" - funny enough I have never forgotten that. I don't remember that much as I was only 16 then but we sure got great service and the guys got the full whack. seems like a guaranteed win win to me.

Maybe an approach to consider?

Garry ive done this in the past and sat down with them first and agreed what to pay them for the week.

Its a while ago but I seem to remember paying them half the daily rate I would normally pay them but pointed out that they would get well looked after on the food and drinks side and the occasional shopping trip for some clothes.

I never got turned down and it always worked out well.

I think the timeframe matters a lot for this. If you want to take her for a week, then:

I think about 1k baht per day is fair for a freelancer. Especially considering the derth of customers in recent years.

I would also budget another 500 baht daily for associated expenses like food.

If you're going to taking her for like a month. I think something like 15k to 20k baht is reasonable with another 5k for associated expenses.

garrydirty - I think once you have come to an agreement about the baht, there are a couple of options to go ahead with. I think mardhi's suggestion of 1/2 up front and 1/2 later is quite good. I am assuming you know her fairly well and have chemistry with her so a long time is something you would enjoy with her.

The other option is to pay her daily, or weekly, in case something doesn't work out, you can avoid taking a loss. Under no circumstances pay her the full amount up front.

Thxs for the input guys....their is a few different ideas their for me to think over......Flatpack,s idea sounds ok and as i am better looking than him i dont think i will have to pay as much 55555555555 ..............Na but really i do struggle at times when i really like someone around the money issue, the idea that Zaronxas came up with sounds about the same as i was thinking myself.......again thxs guys, i will ponder over it over the next few weeks.......Regards Garry.....I was abit worried about posting this thought i would get flamed, but am after other peoples in-put and ideas even after many trips to LOS i still know very little and always keep an openmind and listen to others before making up my own mind, cause thats the one i have to live with..........................

• Upvote 1

..I was abit worried about posting this thought i would get flamed, but am after other peoples in-put and ideas even after many trips to LOS i still know very little and always keep an openmind and listen to others before making up my own mind, cause thats the one i have to live with..........................

Fair play to you Garry for being honest about how you felt before posting this topic. You got some good feedback, and flame free which is one of the aspects of the forum that makes members feel comfortable and encourages them to post more I feel. :hi:

• 3 weeks later...

Once you decide how long you'll want to take your chosen one Gazza, this will help u decide on the next discussion, payment. As the lads have already mentioned, there are a few routes u can embark on and sooner its squared away, the sooner you can put it aside and then enjoy your time together.

I've been down your route in the past myself and can only tell you what worked for me matey. I normally paid the girls 1500 for longtime, sometimes a little extra if I was taking alot of pics.. But when I took one particular lady LT, I made it 1000 per day. I paid her this each day as she had some daily pocket money. This made it easier if both of us wanted to dip out of our arrangement at anytime earlier. Things always change and I'm not one to keep her if she really doesn't wanna stay.

BB mentioned good chemistry as well. Thats 3/4 the battle for a successful LT. The other factor is the cashola my friend... hahaha. as always man.!!

Anyway, I had mine for 10 days. 1000 per day and I picked up the remainder for eating out, cinema, trips and some clothes / make up. Kinda funny as we ended up spending alot of the time either on the beach - Jomtien / Kho larn or central or bed, so it was a great deal for me.

It's your well earned holiday matey, so fill yer boots.

• Upvote 2