HIV Negative

bumblebee

Went for my first blood test for various STDs last week and got the results today, all good. I am sure most guys here have gone for these tests at some stage. I normally take precautions, but there is always that nagging doubt that maybe something got through.

Since I got back from my last trip to Los there have been these daily flashes of anxiety that maybe I have something. Total paranoia of course, but hard to dispel. Reading about how these diseases are transmitted put my mind at rest, but the doubts remain. One oral encounter in particular, without a condom was playing over and over in my mind, me being the one doing the sucking, as someone mentioned to me this person had Aids.

I always wondered how I would feel collecting the results, would I be nervous, not able to concentrate, sleepless night the night before but when it came to it, I was surprisingly relaxed. Slept normally last night, and the possibilities of having it hardly entered my mind as I made my way to the doctors. My mindset was, in the next hour I'll get my old life back and all these bad thought will be gone for good.

The way I read it, although it was going to be a yes or no result, the no option more than likely 95 %. I was able to read in the waiting room, my mind was relaxed, no anxiety about getting the results over and done with. I figured I would be able to guess by the docs greeting if it was going to be bad news. Anyway she welcomed me with a big smile, and any lingering fears evaporated.

So I am just wondering, how do the rest of you feel whenever you go to have this test?

So I am just wondering, how do the rest of you feel whenever you go to have this test?

I practice fairly safe sex though like most of us bare back blowjobs are common.

So I am not too worried in the waiting room, but when I walk into the doc's office, I get a little worried, in those 15 seconds before the results, and if he waits more than 15 seconds I'm thinking what's going on here why doesn't he just say I'm negative.

First time round I was nervous as fuck... What a relief when I heard it was good news.

After that I got to know the nurses in the GU clinic quite well as I went after every trip, I was honest with them.... No point not being honest, they know the score anyway when they read my notes and see that I'm ex forces.

Wouldn't have it any other way now... It's a bit like going to get a haircut :blink:

Guest Fiedollah

I was shitting myself when i went the one time as my initial visit was because id got snotty cock :( and could only put it down to a condom breaking while in the throws of passion and not realising until after the deed was done.

well after all the tests etc and a course of antibiotics to clear up the snotty cock, i stressed for the 2 weeks for the results and when going back to get results of the HIV test was relieved i wasnt pissing razor blades but was worried about what else might be lurking there.

was relieved when results came back clear but still stressed that i had to repeat it all over again in just over 2 months making it the 3 month window.

well since everything was ok ive always made sure not to put myself back there and so far so good but prob wont feel so bad if i have to do again.

but scary sitting in the waiting room and seeing all the diff kind of people and couples sat there and even shocked that some young girls younger than my daughter was there.

can never be to careful nowa days eh ?

Fie dollah

Every time i have a test....99.9% of the time i know i am ok........but why do the doctors who give you the results have such sullen looks...frightens the shits out of me...i am sure when i go out and close the door they piss themselves laughing thinking that will teach the bastard