Ramblings & Replies

According to Lt. Col Burqibah, the man became aggressive, physically pulling the rescue men away from the water and said he “prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man”. 

The girl died in the incident

Where's Pamela Anderson when you really need her?

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking rant time!!!!. What is it they say about sod's law, well it well and truly happened to me today, although thankfully in a humorous way!!

Was playing a golf competition this afternoon on a course I can only describe as the worst golf course I have ever played in my life. Non golfers on the forum will not understand, but if you are a golfer it can only be described as one of those places that after a few holes you wish there would be a lightning storm, or possibly your spleen would burst, any legitimate excuse to retire to the bar. Not just was it a horrible place, but one would have needed to be a mountain goat to appreciate the terrain. I shit you not, one of the holes is appropriately called "Heart Attack Hill" so steep is the incline.

Anyway, I played pretty shit, wasn't too worried, but got to the 14th and knew there was a prize for longest drive. Hit a beauty and won the prize. Terrific, I thought as I collected my prize. What was the prize???

A fucking fee round of golf at said course!!!!! :crazy:  :mad0235:  :mad0235:  :mad0235:  :mad0235:

It is now on sale for 25 pence on ebay.

• Upvote 2

Anyway, I played pretty shit, wasn't too worried, but got to the 14th and knew there was a prize for longest drive. Hit a beauty and won the prize. Terrific, I thought as I collected my prize. What was the prize???

A fucking fee round of golf at said course!!!!! :crazy:  :mad0235:  :mad0235:  :mad0235:  :mad0235:

It is now on sale for 25 pence on ebay.

lol.

and i thought i'd won the most ridiculous prize in a long drive contest--a new driver. as though the old one--which had just won 'longest drive' was somehow inadequate.

of course that was 20 years and 50 yards ago...

so get your irish ass to the sunny LOS sometime in october/november

and let's have route67 pick us out a true and beautiful -- and extremely flat -- course to play..

what say ye?

:drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

They'd love a spring break Songkran trip! 

For generations, freshmen cadets at the United States Military Academy have marked the end of a grueling summer of training with a huge nighttime pillow fight that is billed as a harmless way to blow off steam and build class spirit.

But this year the fight on the West Point, N.Y., campus turned bloody as some cadets swung pillowcases packed with hard objects, thought to be helmets, that split lips, broke at least one bone, dislocated shoulders and knocked cadets unconscious. The brawl at the publicly funded academy, where many of the Army’s top leaders are trained, left 30 cadets injured, including 24 with concussions, according to West Point.

http://www.nytimes.com

Just read this article and didn't know exactly where to post it. It's interesting. It's about why transgendered people are attracted to the military. 

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/why-transgender-people-are-drawn-to-the-military/ar-AAe3oPJ?li=AAadgLE

This could explain why Caitlyn Jenner was so driven to succeed.  Could also explain why Senators who rant and rave about the eveils of homosexuality are the often the ones caught caught sucking offa young man in the restroom.

• 3 weeks later...

i thought i'd been (temporarily ) banned again.....for being politically incorrect ,as is my wont......

Interesting, I know they suspend guys for things such as too many unanswered friend requests but didn't realize they did that for political content.

Willie, do you recall what sort of message FB sent you when you were temporarily banned for political content? 

I have 6 Facebook accounts of which 3 I visit almost daily. None of them are even close to being me, just various invented personas. None are used for nefarious purposes, just a few games and interests anonymously.

.. such as Candy Crush level 1128   :yahoo:  

Interesting, I know they suspend guys for things such as too many unanswered friend requests but didn't realize they did that for political content.

I know it can happen through making too many friend requests in too short a space of time, but didn't know leaving requests unanswered could be an infringement. Are you sure? .. I have a long list of requests that remain unresponded to across numerous accounts.

• Upvote 1