Technical Questions About The Website/Forum

I don't understand why the Boiler Room posts wouldn't count towards someone's post count. Seems odd.

Early on there was a contest that awarded free Gold membership for posting - it was determined that posts relevant to trip reports and LB information would count towards this. Thus - Boiler Room posts which are not necessarily related to LBs are not included in the post counts. It will be up to the mods/admin if they want to change this - but certainly I can see the reasoning, especially if they run a similar contest in the future.

Yes I understood this from DLL's original post. My question was why does this still apply if there isn't any such contest on LBR? If a contest does take place in the future the admins/mods can then freeze the post counts in the Boiler Room until the contest is over.

Anyway, this is not a big deal for me. Just curious about the logic.

There might be another contest in the very near future so I'd rather not change it now. When the contest is over, or if there is no contest, we'll leave it up for a vote of our Members, majority rules.

Sam, as far as the reasoning as to why we left it, there seemed to be no compelling reason to change it, guess I figure it didn't matter too much either way if the post count reflected ladyboy related post or total posts. So i kept the status quo.

If anyone wants their post count adjusted, please PM me with an estimate of your Boiler Room posts and I'll take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...

TT (and anyone else who has loading problems) the first step is to clear your cache.

Or try a different browser.

That's the first step.

It seems some guys experience loading problems while others don't. Can't really explain it.

If that doesn't work we can move on from there. Maybe I should set up a testing account that a few of use from different locations?

Thanks Sam - about time we met up again!

Ok, I eventually managed to get this page to load ..... to find out what I should do!!! So I have now cleared my cache, and have got back here without any problem (via the 'New Content since my last visit' which is my usual conduit). I never have a problem getting the website home page, or logging in or getting the 'New Content' to load. It's when I click on selected pages to load that it starts timing out, and I get a whole lot of error tabs. Then i often cant get back to the new content page at all.

The cache-clearing may have sorted it (altho I dont have that problem on any other site, forum or otherwise). But I've explained the problem ..... just in case it happens again .... and you never hear from me again PD. Bermuda Triangle here we go .. :sign0181:

I alerted our IT guys to this thread and they'll probably look at in on Monday.

If anyone is having this problem please like TT Chang did, the more details the better.

Letting them know your exact login steps is very beneficial. I bet we must login about 10 different ways.

I really would like to get this problem sorted out once and for all.

Thanks!

Sorry, my loyalty is being overtaken by my frustration, PD. It's completely random when these page time-out errors occur, but I'm spending far too much time trying to read the threads, let alone post on them.

If it was happening on any other site I would consider it my own problem. But I dont have to clear my cache elsewhere, or have any difficulties using IE8. I am logging in from LOS, but the same happens when i use my VPN.

Changing my browser might be a good idea - but I'm not doing it for the sake of one website!! Jim has had the same problem, but others may just get fed up ...... and use another forum.

My apologies TT. And to the other guys who have this problem.

There is soon going to made changes in our computer code, a complete overhaul, not just a pathwork quickie fix attempt. I'm trying to nail down exactly this will happen from our IT guys.

In the meantime, I suggest that the guys who have major problems subscribe to the free Daily Digest. With the DD you can follow what you want on the Forum (no pics though) and read it in an email.

Sorry, my loyalty is being overtaken by my frustration, PD. It's completely random when these page time-out errors occur, but I'm spending far too much time trying to read the threads, let alone post on them.

If it was happening on any other site I would consider it my own problem. But I dont have to clear my cache elsewhere, or have any difficulties using IE8. I am logging in from LOS, but the same happens when i use my VPN.

Changing my browser might be a good idea - but I'm not doing it for the sake of one website!! Jim has had the same problem, but others may just get fed up ...... and use another forum.

I have the same problem and had it since the day i signed on. Doesn't matter where in the world i am.

Changing browser will not help. It´s not on your end, TT.

I rarely have any problems accessing the site on my laptop with a wired connection using Opera (the browser -- not singing an aria or something while I'm browsing) -- no more than with any other site, being here in Viet Nam. However the problem TT described happens not infrequently when I'm viewing the site over WiFi using my Android tab and Opera Mobile.

Don't know if that will shed any light, or if there is any commonality with others, but there it is.

While we're on the subject -- is there any way to force the site to serve its mobile version? I see it when I use Opera Mini on my phone, but on my tab, with both Opera and Chrome -- and even when I set the browser to identify itself as a tablet browser -- I get the usual desktop version, and there are times when I would rather access the mobile version of the site on the tablet. Any chance of getting a button/option box to check? Or is there one somewhere that I've missed?

:geek:

That might also be a quick temporary fix for those having problems, perhaps?

Today I'm on a much stronger internet signal at my BKK hotel. It picks up the pages quicker, and there are no time-out errors. Dont think I get the problem when back in England (where my internet speed is excellent). Seems to be the speed, not the location, because my VPN is UK based. That might also explain why a wired connection is better than a mobile one.

:happy0065::db::character00292: and my smileys are looking pleased too ....