Technical Questions About The Website/Forum

• 1 month later...

When I view the forum on my tablet, it seems to put me into a"mobile" type of interface. I can't change my user options (avatar, etc), and I can't post pics. Any way to specifically say I want the full interface?

I'll try to find out.

I changed your account so that you can no longer see avatars. I can also disable pics if u want.

I am not on a tablet now, but for those of you on laptops you can choose not to view avatars or pics, useful for work by going to MySettings which is part of the drop down menu next to your avatar on the upper right of the page. This controls FORUM settings.

Note, MY Profile/Account on the upper left are WEBSITE settings dealing with Profiles and Ewviews and have no effect on the FORUM.

Under My Settings you can also enable/disable a Flash uploader. This will not work on all browsers but if it works on yours an easier way to load pics.

I think Deep Throat was using a tablet to load pics, perhaps he has some insight.

• 1 month later...

This glitch with the PM's is really frustrating. I'd like to email a group of friends to let them know what my 2013 travel plans are but it will only let me send to 3 of the 8 members in a "group PM". All the others have to be sent individually, as they aren't recognized unless they are the "RECIPIENT" (trying to put them into "other recipients" results in the reply that the member isn't recognized).

Very frustrating, and I'm sure it's probably something relatively simple in the setup that's causing the glitch.

I was able to use those guys who's names are all lowercase letters, but anyone with an uppercase is rejected unless they are the 1st recipient.

A forum related question:

What's an advanced member, are there any advantages to having such an epiphet attached to my name and if there are, how do I achieve such an exalted status?

Actually, there appear to be so many advanced members, there might be a bit of inverted snobbery in being only a member (it's the feeling that I get when I park my 19 year old car with 0% depreciation next to a load of shiny, new beemers and such like....).

as a newly-crowned "Advanced Member" allow me to clarify:

i haven't a bloody clue. and i've managed neither epithet nor avatar despite my apparent "exalted status".

i just posted and saw the word "advanced" appear in my membership status for the first time. perhaps it's based on number of posts? or perhaps there's an ethereal linkage between the exquisite delicacy of my latest posts and the complex formatting of the website's programming protocol which, once discerned, makes the evolution to advanced status immediately inevitable.

:geek:

but, if after another 20 or so posts, you find yourself becoming "advanced", i'd go with my first theory.

:friends:

Re Rickshaw/Thaibound's question about Advanced Member.....

The following Member Ranks came as a default:

Newbie 0

Member 10

Advanced Member 30

These are rather useless and easy to change, thiugh not sure if a Rank can be blank. I could just make everyone a Member. There are no special priveleges that come with Post Count.

Up to you guys if we should change Rank crieteria.

You can also have your own personalized rank. Just let me know and I'll do it for you, just takes a minute.

Deep Throat's question is by no means easy.

As an experiment I changed my login name but not display name to lower case. Let's see if that has an effect. Btw, I've always been logging in using lower case anyway.

DT's questions are never easy! :rolleyes:

I figured out a workaround.

If you want to participate in Group Conversations your Display Name must be lower case. Please let me know if you want me to change your Display Name to lower case.

If you don't change to lower case you can still receive 1 on 1 PMs.

Are you saying we cannot send out multiple PMs if any of the recipient's display names have upper case characters?

Yes and no Sam.

It appears that when I send a PM to more than one person, I can only sent to a member with a Capitalized nickname if they are selected as the primary recipient (top box in the PM form: "Recipient's Name"). The secondary recipients (those that would normally be thought of as the "cc" recipients but in the PM form are called "Other Recipients") must all be lowercase.

In other words, if you wanted to send a group email to the following group:

deepthroat

bumblebee

SiamSam

alaskanbear

pdogg

RocketSquirrel

I could send it to "Recipient's Name" SiamSam, and then put all the other names into the "Other Recipients" box and it would be ok, except I'd get an error message saying:

The following errors were found

The following users do not exist: RocketSquirrel

This personal message has not been sent

I would then have to delete Rocket from the email because you cannot put a user with a capital letter in his name into the "other recipients" box. I could put his name in the "recipient" box instead of SiamSam, but then I'd get the same error message if I tried to put your name into the "other recipients" box.

Bottom line: if you want to particpate in PM discussions, ask pdogg to change your display name to remove capital letters.

In the long run, we need to create a rule or (as a workaround) have admins change all users' display names to all lower case letters.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone else have some probs sometimes when logging in?

Tried a few times today without success (ok now of course), but the craziest one was when I logged in a couple of days ago it keep transfering me to gaythailand.com :blush:, I have since put that one down to maybe Farangbah had "sabotaged" my account :biggrin:

Guest Stroker

Well at leat it didn't redirect you to EnemaEmmy.com :crazy:

Sorry folks we were down a couple hours today as our IT guys were working on the ongoing Login problem. :help:

I just wanna take a moment to give a shout out to you fellers trying to snazz up the place. There must be a fair share of headaches that come with it.

But the New Content functions already seem to be better, and the log-in asked me some new options that will hopefully help. So, you guys get an "E" for effort thus far...

Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have absolutely no idea what is going on but I can barely even see this forum anymore......1 out of every 5 clicks I make on any sub-forum or topic leads me nowhere, just the spinning black ball of death [backwards] and then a time-out notice.

Is it my connection? My laptop? Every other site I use daily loads up fine, from CNN to Reddit to Yahoo and the Daily show, where I can watch videos no problem ......but for some weird reason this site [only] is giving me some major problems.

Am I the only one? I want to participate more, would like to read some more threads and contribute as much as possible, but I can only get in and have the ability to read and post about 20% of the time, no joke.

I cleared my cache and browsing history, have done re-starts, etc.....nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

I did all of them, including google Chrome...4 all told.

until friday everything was fine, now......kaput

I really have no idea why, I have always had trouble with my log-in details being saved, but this is completely different; I can see the whole forum but when I click on any one topic or sub-forum it just spins and spins and doesn't connect me most of the time. It seems to be a *bit* better late at night, which kinda tells me it's a connection thing.

very odd.....my connection here isn't great, certainly not super high-speed, but it's not horrible; I can watch Youtube videos and Yahoo videos, the daily show, etc.......it's literally just this forum which is giving me trouble. I will keep trying.

Weird, I'm having no problems. Have even been logged in for 4 or 5 days in a row now and it's rock solid.

Note that when I come to the forum it "looks" like I'm not logged in, but I click on "My Profile/Account" and it verifies that I'm logged in, then I click on Forum again and it's all good.

• 1 month later...

my post count say 5 but I've written one or two more than that. Does the system capture all posts or only of a certain type?

Posts in the Boiler Room aren't captured for postcount. Back in the early days we had a posting contest to generate activity. On another non-ladyboy forum, the forum got overwhelmed with off topic posts during the contest so that's why it was set up that way.