Thai Transgender Wins Political Seat

farangbah

Front page of today's Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/295482/transgender-wins-pao-seat

News > Politics

POLITICS

Transgender wins PAO seat

0Share

Transgender Yollada ''Nok'' Suanyos beat male opponents to win a seat as councillor on the Nan provincial administration organisation in an election on Sunday.

392379.jpg

Yollada: To push women’s rights

Ms Yollada, 30, received 3,808 votes, edging out former Nan mayor Phawat Sattayawong, who came second with 3,659 votes in Constituency 1 of tambon Nai Wiang in Muang district, according to unofficial election results for the 24 PAO council seats.

Ms Yollada, who had a sex-change operation at 16, said yesterday her position on the PAO council will help her work better with the government in solving problems regarding the rights of women and trans-female groups.

Viewing herself as a ''new wave'' in politics, Ms Yollada, also the president of the Trans Female Association of Thailand, said her work would receive more support, especially from transgenders.

The election on Sunday was mainly a race between two groups _ those who support incumbent PAO head Narin Laoaraya, and independent candidates wanting seats on the council to monitor PAO administrators.

• Upvote 1

She was one of the LBs featured in the first episode of the Sky ladyboy program if I am not mistaken.

That's right. I suppose this is a small step towards further acceptance although I think it stressed in the program that acceptance generally only comes to successful individuals.

• 9 years later...

Nine years after Thailand, Germany is following the Thai example:

Two transgender women from the Green party have won parliamentary seats in the country’s election past Sunday:

image.png.eef4e7bc52ea3a58ffff053997fe1b7e.png

image.png.5f8211f36bb1043d99ed882b1c884b6e.png

Becoming the first transgender women to enter the country’s parliament, Tessa Ganserer and Nyke Slawik described the results as “unbelievable” and a “historic victory”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-parliament-transgender-women-mp-b1928180.html

• Like 1

Transgender rights in much of Asia are extremely limited. In Malaysia, Islamic religious codes prohibit “a man posing as a woman.” 

Malaysia is attempting to extradite a transgender beauty entrepreneur from Thailand to face charges of insulting Islam by dressing as a woman.

Nur Sajat, a 36-year-old entrepreneur and celebrity who built a successful cosmetics company, fled Malaysia after she was charged in an Islamic court for allegedly dressing as a woman at a religious event.

Sajat was arrested Sept. 8 by Thai police for entering the country illegally.

Muslims in Malaysia are subject to sharia law, and if convicted, Sajat could face up to three years in prison, probably in a men’s facility.

image.png.b232e41b2e905276e70583a9708b3a62.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/09/28/nur-sarat-arrest-transgender-thailand/

4 hours ago, Papa Sam said:

image.png.5f8211f36bb1043d99ed882b1c884b6e.png

Becoming the first transgender women to enter the country’s parliament, Tessa Ganserer and Nyke Slawik described the results as “unbelievable” and a “historic victory”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-parliament-transgender-women-mp-b1928180.html

I could see myself willingly porking Nyke (on the right).    Tessa (on the left) would test the limits of my Am-I-gayety  beyond any sissy i have done...

BMs who would have sex with Tessa but would not want to post to admit it can give this post a smiley.png.bf57018570657ac49ab7ff158a63ba6e.png  to show how it's done...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1