• PBR
    • Any suitable venue
    • I Don't give a fuck
  3. 3. What would you like at the bash

• Ladyboys (doh)
    • The Mormons
    • The Gay and Lesbian Right Group
    • Shit Loads O Ladyboys

The proposal of another "Competition" for LB bars is brilliant.

The last event in Oct 2009 was a big success as everyone had a good time and a significant sum went to the charity Jesters - Care 4 Kids.

Following that success the participating bar owners had a meeting where some ideas were proposed.

1) The event has to be held outside High Season - Nov to Feb. Hotels cannot cater the event

* That leaves March to May - exclude April due to Songkran

* June to Sept is monsoon season - check out Thailand weather

* That leaves October

2) Post the idea 4/6 months ahead of time to give BMs a chance to consider whether they can attend or not

3) Plan an event that takes place all in one venue - Sports competition and Party.

4) Make the event a whole day and evening with entry by paid ticket only.

5) Provide a Buffet/BBQ and bar in the evening

6) Negotiate rooms for competitors to change for the evening

7) Negotiate a discount room rate for guests

8) Invite other LB bars outside Pattaya - Bangkok/Phuket

9) Employ proper judges for the sporting event

The group decided on 'Water Volley Ball'. 4 players per team with 2 reserve. A minimum of 6 teams

This means finding an hotel with the following criteria:

* Large enough pool

* Buffet/BBQ area with some undercover sitting - cannot trust the weather!

* Prepared to make their pool/BBQ area private from 2.00pm until midnight

Sponsorship. To ensure a successful outcome for the charity will require some generous sponsorship:

* Bars raise sponsorship through customers

* BMs pay to attend

* Auction of various items

* Bars pay entry money to participate

Outside sponsorship:

* Hotels

* Beer providers

* Other Pattaya venues

Publicity:

* Pattaya Mail/People newspapers

* Pattaya TV

The set up costs will be quite high:

* Hotel - perhaps a rental charge for pool etc and changing rooms

* Buffet/BBQ

* Bar at cost

* Promotion

* Visiting bars from outside Pattaya will need transportation and accomodation

Ultimately it is a fund raising event with some clear objectives:

* Raise 100,000 Baht plus for Jesters

* Improve the image of the LB community at large

* Promote all our favorite bars

* Have a blast (for a price!)

For smaller bars they could create a team jointly.

So now you can volunteer your services to make it happen! just imagine a whole bunch of bikini clad LBs bouncing around from 2 until 6 followed by a good meal and lots to drink.........

• Upvote 2

The proposal of another "Competition" for LB bars is brilliant.

The group decided on 'Water Volley Ball'. 4 players per team with 2 reserve. A minimum of 6 teams

just imagine a whole bunch of bikini clad LBs bouncing around from 2 until 6 followed by a good meal and lots to drink.........

Wow! I'm speecheless. :)

Venues, just brainstorming here, the now defunct Nang Fa Resort could be suitable. Believe Woodlands resort in Naklua near the Dolphin Roundabout is owned by the Tiffany people.

Last weekend in April sounds good hehe. Something to look forward to and make Songkran more bearable, like a light at the end of the tunnel. Plus one last outdoor event before the wet season.

Also it would give a certain selfish BM a chance to try out his new camera in the week building up to the event by recording the practice sessions. Someone has to do that dirty job lol. Anyway just a thought.

As I see it no matter what time it is held it will not please everyone. Of course we would all love to be there, but if one cannot make it then what are the alternatives. Well we have seen over the years, whenever a party is held in Patts, unless the actual bar owners post photos of the event, at best a few photos trickle out of the night and most times none at all. A party gets hyped, but those who did not attend seldom get a taste for what really went on.

The recent GOTC is an example. From what I can gather there wear 40 to 50 odd (some very odd :P ) BMs there, but the amount of visual coverage has been minimal, albeit for DTs report and perhaps some others input. Seems sad that an event that was so long in the planning could not be shared with the guys who could not make it.

Now this brings me on to my own personal agenda, and lets face it we are all a bit selfish regarding this event occurring while we are in Los. I have not been in Los since last March, and now circumstances have allowed me the opportunity to be there from the end or April and early May.

Not sure if that is too soon to organise the event Rossco mentions, but what I am saying is, if the event happened to take place the last weekend in April, I guarantee blanket photographical and video coverage, lots of close ups of the practice sessions in the week leading up to the main day, and saturation coverage of the big occasion itself. I feel for those unfortunate not to be there, this is the next best thing.

You guys know this is not idle talk, I love this stuff, not sure if there is another BM who would put in the time to cover the event visually in such detail at any other time of the year.

Anyway that's my case. food for thought, no idea when I'll be back in Los after this unexpected trip, so as the song in the cabarets says "One night only"

if the event happened to take place the last weekend in April, I guarantee blanket photographical and video coverage, lots of close ups of the practice sessions in the week leading up to the main day, and saturation coverage of the big occasion itself. I feel for those unfortunate not to be there, this is the next best thing.

Anyone who remembers your last volleyball tournament photographic coverage surely cannot argue with your logic. One of, if not my favorite thread of all time! I applaud your incentive, sir! [clap]

Your photojournalism was breathtaking. And I just fell to pieces at Lefty's commentary. Which got me to thinking...

Further to your publicity (and I agree -- the supposed "GOTC" was a disgrace, coverage-wise. Poorly planned and anti-climactic), I've wondered, could we broadcast live? Whether it be as ambitious as a stream, or more realistic as a tweet, I've had dillusions [sic] of grandeur, myself doing the play-by-play (I've been known to turn a phrase or two), with Lefty as the color commentary, and you, BB, coming to us live from courtside, like in American football how Tony "Goose" Siragusa does... (though you may have your hands full that day)

I bet Snick or FriedFrunk could hook that shit up. It'd be landmark...

In short, I second BB's vote for "Last week April"!

Anyone who remembers your last volleyball tournament photographic coverage surely cannot argue with your logic. One of, if not my favorite thread of all time! I applaud your incentive, sir! [clap]

Your photojournalism was breathtaking. And I just fell to pieces at Lefty's commentary. Which got me to thinking...

Further to your publicity (and I agree -- the supposed "GOTC" was a disgrace, coverage-wise. Poorly planned and anti-climactic), I've wondered, could we broadcast live? Whether it be as ambitious as a stream, or more realistic as a tweet, I've had dillusions [sic] of grandeur, myself doing the play-by-play (I've been known to turn a phrase or two), with Lefty as the color commentary, and you, BB, coming to us live from courtside, like in American football how Tony "Goose" Siragusa does... (though you may have your hands full that day)

My vote: All-in on "Last week April"!

Re the GOTC, my impresssion is that it was designed for the enjoyment of the actual attendees, not as a photo op for Pook. And a grand time was had by all; I was the last to leave! :D

But yea, I hear the folks playing along back home do like to see what's going on, especially at big events. Lefty would be the perfect color commentator.....just watch out if the refs make a bad call! :blink: :angry:

Re the GOTC, my impresssion is that it was designed for the enjoyment of the actual attendees, not as a photo op for Pook. And a grand time was had by all; I was the last to leave! :D

I know what you mean regarding it not being a publicity event for Pooks, the point I was making was it would be nice to see what girls were there. Perhaps as you are based in Patts you take these parties for granted by now, but for those of us who cannot make it, it's good to get a taste of the various nights and survive on the rations of photos till we can make it back.

I find there is sometimes an awful lot of hype about an up coming party, and then deadly silence after the event bar a comment or 2. All us back in farangland are left scratching our heads and wondering what we missed.

Just on the GOTC..it had its own mammoth thread which went for months and months building up to the Big Day.. I think the followers would be entitled to feel short changed at the lack of follow through. Maybe the guys are still busy ;)

For the Big Bash..hopefully depends on how many BMs will be in town and when. If someone (BB) could cover it that would be a big Plus B)

Just on the GOTC..it had its own mammoth thread which went for months and months building up to the Big Day.. I think the followers would be entitled to feel short changed at the lack of follow through. Maybe the guys are still busy ;)

For the Big Bash..hopefully depends on how many BMs will be in town and when. If someone (BB) could cover it that would be a big Plus B)

No doubt AB will post some photos of the GOTC when he gets to post up a TR. Covering a big event like the BB3 would be fantastic, just what I was born to do. :D

There is a permanent group of BMs in Los anyway, so most of them would attend I presume, and as I mentioned before, no matter when it is held, some BMs are going to feel short changed about missing it.

[quote name='farangbah'

In short, I second BB's vote for "Last week April"!

Very ambitious Farangbah but why not, I don't have the camera myself to do a live feed, but the guys you mentioned might be able to come up with something. If Lefty is in town at the same time, it would be wonderful to team up and give daily updates on the preparations. I am sure your input would give it an extra dimension also.

Anyway let's see how the powers that be feel about it. The time scale from now till the end of April might be the only constraint to the proposal Rossco made.

Very ambitious Farangbah what you posted above but why not, I don't have the camera myself to do a live feed, but the guys you mentioned might be able to come up with something. If Lefty is in town at the same time, it would be wonderful to team up and give daily updates on the preparations. I am sure your input would give it an extra dimension also.

Anyway let's see how the powers that be feel about it. The time scale from now till the end of April might be the only constraint to the proposal Rossco made.

Guys I appreciate your withdrawel symptoms but to organise 8 bars (48 LB competitors), raise sponsorship, confirm the venue, arrange publicity - all in 8 weeks.......

Very roughly the costs (Hotel/Buffet/Equipment/Prize money) will be in excess of 50,000 baht.

The objective - otherwise no point arranging it - is to raise 100,000+ Baht for a charity for kids.

So that makes a target of 150,000 Baht to raise. Ticket sales at 1000 each - guess at 70 paying guests (contestants get in free) will leave 80,000 baht to be raised via sponsorship.

Please be realistic! Of course you could volunteer to arrange it all........

The last event was well photographed by a number of contributors and I am sure that, if and when the event occurs, it will get good coverage on all the popular Forums. Last event the German magazine FOKUS actually did separately 2 double page spreads on both the competition and the party.

As the old saying goes "You only get out what you put in!"

Yea being realistic 8 weeks is just not long enough for the event you are proposing, and as you said if and when it happens. But a stand alone party is still doable I reckon, and as stated by myself such a party will get full photographic and video coverage to satisfy the BMs at home.

Well i see the old Bas***d has finally made an appearance, about bloody time too Dad. It Nice to see its got someone talking anyway.

First of all KL you are a true gent , thanks for your offer which will be accepted with a bow and a handshake sir.

The idea of April is as already sort of pointed out a little too soon, especially if we want to do it right. And really which ever date we choose we will inevitably be having it when some people cannot be in Pats. Personally I would like to see everyone there to make as much money as possible for jesters.

With a little effort we can do so much good and elevate the Ladyboy image a little too, it wont hurt to show we are all decent guys at heart and can do our bit for a cause which is at everyone's heart and that is kids.

If anyone wants to step forward to offer help arrange this, then don't be shy and we would appreciate any help from blowing up balloons to selling tickets and anything else you can think of to advance the cause. Massage for the Ladies has already been filled by....yes you got it ME.

Please be realistic! Of course you could volunteer to arrange it all........

Sometime last year someone posted a thread on another forum inquiring as to whether another Big Bash might be possible. I said that I would throw myself down a flight of stairs if that's what it took to help make it happen.

The offer still stands.

And my calendar may differ from everyone else's but if it took place the last weekend of April, that's 11+ weeks. And if you move it back another week into May, I do believe the two biggest proponents/volunteers thus far (that being BB and myself) would still be around to help pull it off.

As a former publicist myself (for the biggest entertainment PR firm in the U.S. B) ), I think I am being pretty realistic. But maybe it's already a dead issue and I'm fighting against the grain here...

And long lead times can be good. In choosing a date, which is more important: better chance of weather or number of attendees? I would think the latter. Attendees mean money. If there's already a pool involved (wet people, swimwear), with an option for an indoor area for the party afterwards, once the punters are in town, the weather won't prohibit their attendance.

To that point, if first week of May is out, I would return to an earlier proposal of mid-August, as it is a popular vacation time in many parts of the world (...and this former flack would again be around to volunteer! It's win-win! :D ).

Cheers.

farangbar quote:

And my calendar may differ from everyone else's but if it took place the last weekend of April, that's 11+ weeks. And if you move it back another week into May, I do believe the two biggest proponents/volunteers thus far (that being BB and myself) would still be around to help pull it off.

Likewise - if it is held end April early May - I will contribute, assist where I can and definitely attend.

This is my first post on this forum. A distinguished member suggested I join and add my weight to the end April early May period – well for what it’s worth – here I am!

I missed Big Bash 1, attended Big Bash 2 and would love to be there for big Bash 3.

The major problems are:

* Getting the bars to commit and contribute - 8 Bars required. Bars need to put in 8,000 each

* Finding an Hotel willing to give up their pool area etc.

- 48 Competitors (6 per team), 8 Barowners + 70 paying guests + 30 sponsors = 164 people

* Getting 30 Sponsors at 3,000 Baht each

* Finding some Corporate sponsors for Beer/Auction items etc

Currently there is not much enthusiasm here in Pattaya from the bars - and it is they that actually make the competition.

I appreciate the promise of help, when you are physically here, but the effort and work is required now. Any help in April will actually be too late. To make a date in April/May needs people here, right now, doing the work.

Volunteers/Photographers at the actual event is not the issue, nor workload, it is the organisation required today.

Rough numbers - each and every element still needs working:

Based on 8 teams of 6. Buffet plus 4 comp drinks per attendee

Comp tickets to Competitors/Bar owners/BM Sponsors

Number Price Expense

BBQ Buff 164 300 49200

Bar 656 40 26240

Music/PA 1 5000 5000

Equipment 10000

Bikini 48 300 14400

Printing 600 10 6000

Accom 4000

Travel 6000

Prize 1st 6 2000 12000

Prize 2nd 6 1000 6000

Prize Oth 36 500 18000

Judges 4 1000 4000

Number Price Income

Tickets 70 1000 70000

Auction 30000

BM Spon 30 3000 90000

Spon/Bar 8 8000 64000

Ext Spon 4 15000 60000

Net 153160

Sponsor 150000

The control is that "Sponsorship" goes to the Charity and the Bars/Tickets/Auction (*) pay for hosting the event. In that way sponsors do not feel that they are subsidizing a Party - an important ethical point to sponsors.

Corp sponsorship will take time and will only be forthcoming if we get Pattaya Mail/People/TV and Jesters (the charity)involved. This will be critical both for fund raising and auction items. Through successful publicity we can promote the LBs in a better light and sow the seeds for a regular event.

Identified corporate sponsors are:

* Thai/Bangkok Airways

* Tiger/Singha/Chang Beer

* Thai Tourism Authority - Pattaya

* Pattaya Mail or People

Personally I would rather have the time to organize it correctly and reach our target than rush it to fit with individual travel plans.

April/May will be a rush and I personally do not have enough time to do it justice.

August is one of the worst weather months here. Nobody is swimming in a tropical thunder storm!

August may well be a popular time for vacation in the Northern hemisphere but it is LOW season (due to weather) over here.

I still have the list of 30 sponsors from the competition in Oct 2009 - less than half actually attended as their focus was on the charity fund raising aspect.

In 2008 the Big Bash was a party with the Volley ball/Charity as an addendum.

In 2009 the Big Bash was a Charity fundraiser/Volleyball competition with a party.

In 2011 the focus is on Charity, improving the LB image through positive publicity and everyone having a terrific full day of entertainment.

If all you guys want to do is party, when you are actually here, then why not just organize your own special party? I am sure any one of the bars will be more than happy to cater a party and make some money in low season.

Agree BB2 did take some organising right up to the first match. It was a great effort from Rossco to put it all together and make it happen. Whether a party goes ahead or not in April is academic really, eventually, hopefully there will be a well planned event, pot luck who is in town when it occurs.

For those of us lucky enough to be heading over in late April or any time in the next few months, perhaps it is best to block out the misery of hope lol, and remember every day is a mini bash there. At the end of the day, you can only drink so many beers in a night, ogle so many chicks, chat to so many people.

I've been giving this thread some thought over the last few days, and have finally decided to commit if:

1) The redoubtable Rossco is willing to take on the enormous organisational task;

2) The date is october. Any other time is unsuitable because of High season, or dodgy weather

3) I can get some help from some of our wonderful customers to help a little with the logistics of getting 6 LBs over to, and accomodated in, P*****a

In other words C & Ds will be there!

Well Rossco has taken the bull by the horns and started to call me up to try to sort this thing out in such a way as it will work and be profitable for jesters..

I have already been given the green light by a venue which will suit us.

Arranged for a discount (dont know what level of discount as yet) for the night before the event, the night of and the night after the event by the hotel.

Gained agreement that we will get some sponsorship from some beer companies.

Have requested and waiting for approval from management two return tickets "Bangkok - London or London-Bangkok" with two airlines. (To be Auctioned Off).

Had a number of kind offers of sponsorship for the event..various non bm's and bm's of the boards.

The free services of a pro photographer for the day.

And that is just the start. We have not finalised a date yet, but i am sure it will not be Songkran as this is a busy time for the bars and in all honesty unless i go live with rossco it will not be do able in the time...plus no way am i living with that old tw*t.

We put the idea up here to start but in the coming weeks when Rossco and i have thrashed out the fine details we can let you know more.

So come on guys...wanna be a event organiser...step up to the plate.

I know you get sick of me saying this but...Its not about us it's for the kids. So in advance i would like to thank the guys who have had some or any input into trying to make it work.

Watch this space........

I've been giving this thread some thought over the last few days, and have finally decided to commit if:

1) The redoubtable Rossco is willing to take on the enormous organisational task;

2) The date is october. Any other time is unsuitable because of High season, or dodgy weather

3) I can get some help from some of our wonderful customers to help a little with the logistics of getting 6 LBs over to, and accomodated in, P*****a

In other words C & Ds will be there!

Jimbo...what a guy.

Thanks mate for your input and we would love to have you there, with your girls of course.

We will arrange accomodation for your girls and you should you wish and i am sure Papa Rossco will call you to confirm