Accommodation Around Thailand

bumblebee

Gents, The Bear and The Wombat are planning a little road/rail trip to such destinations as Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Khon Kaen in early May 13 and would much appreciate some accommodation recommendations for two travellers of modest means and their concubines. TIA

Yes SS we are! Most definitely, of course not without an interpreter/guide or guides with us....we are screwed outside a redlight / bar district alone. So rail and bus will be our modes of transport. Just need to determine GGs or LBs. AB will have been in country two weks before we go and I about a week. Plenty of time to hunt down the concubines to accompany us.

Gents, The Bear and The Wombat are planning a little road/rail trip to such destinations as Chiang Mai, Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Khon Kaen in early May 13 and would much appreciate some accommodation recommendations for two travellers of modest means and their concubines. TIA

In Chiang Mai if you're going upscale I like the Raming Lodge.

http://www.raminglodge.com/

But best to email the hotel and get their joiner fee policy in writing.

At a lower price point guys seem to like the Top North Hotel (which is different than Top North Guesthouse). The prices on their website look a bit higher than I remember when I took a look at their rooms.

The place I really liked in Udon I think has closed.

Think Kendo's trip report is chock full of Issan recomendations.

• 6 months later...