Airline News

FatboyUK

First I thought it was just bluster from the administration.  Still dont totally believe it until the black boxes, which are actually orange, have been examined.  I mean examined by a competent, experienced, unbiased entity.  

Also reports out of the UK and Canada are making the same claims.  Evidently, there were 63 Canadian citizens on that flight.  They should lead the charge here.....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay the situation could of been handled with more  tact n diplomacy by thai airways ground staff.  But bottom line  is due to the seat belt  restriction in premier cabin , the only way the 3 tubbys could travel  safely is in economy where the seat belt could fit them. End of. 

Sure we have all experienced a fatty sitting next to us. Nothing worse than on a long haul flight an invasion of your personal  space as the body mass creeps over to your  seat space. Just by being next to them  seems all  your movements are restricted by their bulk. Not a great travelling experience.  

Am all for airlines imposing  a fat tax on people that are obese. As the heavier the aircraft  the more fuel it will use. So why should those of us who are just a few kilo overweight  and of more normal  proportions  subsidise  the Mr  n Mrs  Blobby of the world and endure cramped  seating.

Am also in favour of making them all sit next to each other.  

British  Airways  start s new summer schedules in April.2020.     Have been reliably informed that some time in June  they are going to be operating  the Dreamliner 787 -9  on the Bangkok  route instead of the 777.  Will be a 4 tier service.  First class,  buissines class ,  premier economy and cattle class. Not sure how the seating will be configured.for each cabin. Think this will be an improvement.   

Rgds soidog. .      

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

BA is also offering free change of travel dates for any flights booked before Monday 16 March for the next 12 months. I might book my flights for next year this week.

Am wondering........

Is this Coronavirus related or an unrelated promotion?

What if the new flight is more expensive than the original?

Are they also offering free cancellation with a 100% refund?

I think it probably is because of Coronavirus, and I suspect offer might be extended beyond 16 March.

From what I can make out the new flight would need to be the same as the original flight, ie if I book a standard economy flight I would only be able to change it for another standard economy flight to the same destination. Of course flights at certain periods (high season) are going to be at a higher cost, so I don't know how that works.

They are not offering free cancellation, just change of dates.

This is the promotion

Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 13.02.53.png

• Like 1

So the way I'm reading it is if the fare for the new flight you want is higher priced you would have to pay the fare differential.

But if the new fare is lower you would not get a refund of the difference (does not explicitly say that).

And cannot cancel and book at a lower rate.

I think if they cancel your flight, then you have a choice of refund or rebooking

Yes it's not totally clear. The normal change fee is only £25 I think anyway.

But I will probably book this week. The flight prices are quite good for my trip next year. Only £530 when I checked yesterday. About the same as my Eva flights this year, and BA are usually dearer. And I can get a discount as I've got some BA Avios (air miles) with their loyalty scheme.

If the Coronavirus situation hasn't got better by next year I can postpone my trip for up to 12 months.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, Pdoggg said:

So the way I'm reading it is if the fare for the new flight you want is higher priced you would have to pay the fare differential.

But if the new fare is lower you would not get a refund of the difference (does not explicitly say that).

And cannot cancel and book at a lower rate.

I think if they cancel your flight, then you have a choice of refund or rebooking

BA have extended their free change offer until end of March. But only applies to flights before the end of December, so wouldn't cover my trip in January/February next year, so I'll wait to see how things pan out before booking (or not).

They have clarified terms

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 12.25.09.png

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 12.27.44.png

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 12.30.06.png

• Like 1

I've already booked a miles flight for next January. Worst case canceling will cost US$125. If corona is back next winter canceling will likely cost nothing.

I'm not sure how it works in the rest of the world but booking a flight a few days before the actual flight date in the US usually means the flight will cost at least twice as much as an early booked flight if not more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a price alert working on Skyscanner. Get updates every day or so.

Can you believe that the fare for me has just gone UP by $65.00????. Seems crazy!. Cant go anyway because of a ban and commonsense, but the logic of the increase escapes me.

• Like 1