LB Event Of The Year - October 27th 2012

Rossco

Just woke up with my morning hardon and poured myself a cup of coffee. :sign0196:

Went out to the terrace and it's a picture perfect day in the tropical paradise of Sodom by The Sea. :biggrin:

So I just got one question for y'all,

Are You Ready For Some Ladyboy Water Volleyball?

:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

(Christmas cum early in Pattaya)

• Upvote 1

Just woke up with my morning hardon and poured myself a cup of coffee. :sign0196:

Went out to the terrace and it's a picture perfect day in the tropical paradise of Sodom by The Sea. :biggrin:

So I just got one question for y'all,

Are You Ready For Some Ladyboy Water Volleyball?

:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

(Christmas cum early in Pattaya)

i am EVER READY!!

My apologies to my fellow La Bamba sponsors if Cindy isn't at her best today; we were up until dawn. On the other hand, she should be able to relax and focus on the game, as I made sure any tension she had pent up were released. :happy0148: I'm feeling a bit released myself today as well. :flirt2:

For you gents on the ground, see you there in about an hour. For you folks at home, I've unprotected my new Twitter feed for this event (so anyone can see it), and will try and post some updates and photos throughout the day: @Four_17

I can't seem to find a link either and I'm out the door in a few minutes Raconteur.

Rossco told me they will not be doing a play by play in the afternoon. However, they will be broadcasting during the evening party.

Thanks pdogg ... must be a DNS problem ... dagnabbit !!!

A couple of important items to close off on LadyBoy Water Volley Ball - 2012

Accounts

Copy of Certificate

I promised from the beginning that a set of accounts would be published immediately after the event.

I also promised that ALL Sponsorship and Donations would go to Charity and not subsidize the Event itself:

Summary:

Event Income:

91,200 - Ticket sales

23,872 - Bar entry

63,580 - Auction

178,652 - Total Event Income

Event Expense:

41,250 - Hotel+Buffet

25,000 - Prizes (C&D contributed theirs to Charity)

8,185 - Misc & Charges

74,436 - Total Event Expense

104,216 - Event Profit (178,652 - 74,436)

124,176 - Sponsors

52,962 - Donations

1,500 - Other

282,854 - Total Net Raised

225,000 - Paid to the Orphanage and Rotary

57,854 - Surplus

For a full set of accounts please see attached document.

PS There may be some minor final adjustments as some people have asked to contribute after the event.

Certificate Master Final V1.3.doc

AcctPublish.pdf

Well done Rossco, you should feel very proud of yourself. I don't know who else would have gone to so much trouble. And the fact that the whole thing is above board without a hint of corruption makes it all the more reassuring for those who donate. Events like this in Asia are a magnet for shysters, it is nice to have a man with accounting credentials on the job.

But where is the International coverage? I am not being sarcastic & I don't ask as some form of back-handed criticism. There is a media demand for unusual stories around the world that is insatiable. On every breakfast program on our television this morning, there was coverage of someone's birthday in Seattle because Billy Idol came along & performed. And the story was repeated every half hour because the networks are crying out for these type of HI stories. HI is the media jargon for 'human interest'. And if anyone can think of something with more HI than a pool in Thailand loaded with beautiful ladyboys all in bikinis raising money for charity, I have yet to hear it.

A well shot video of the event would be lapped up by every news service on the face of the earth. And someone, maybe LBR, could make a dollar from covering it.

And when next years event is announced with Nong Poy or someone of equal statue compering the whole thing, what are the chances that the BBC or an American broadcaster or both, wouldn't send along a crew to get a better story. I may be dreaming big but I can't be the only person who can see the possibilities.

• Upvote 1

When the event was kicked off a number of people doubted it could be delivered.

Right up until zero hour neither myself, nor the Bar owners, were 100% sure how it would turn out.

It would have only taken, if the media were present, one bad incident for them to focus upon to undermine all the work and sensationalise it.

Of course I am delighted it went off so well with no hitches nor incidents.

One our professional photographers will be posting selected photos on a proactive media web site that distributes photos to all media.

An article will be published (soon) in Pattaya Mail with accompanying edited photos.

I have written/registered the Event with Guiness Book of records - awaiting reply - it is the firts LadyBoy Water VolleyBall event in the world and Ananconda are world Champions!

Video was taken BUT it needs a great deal of work as so many BMs are uncomfortable about their appearance.

It is far more difficult to 'photo-shop' video.

In many ways I think the privacy issue is over-reacted to.

It was a Fund raising event - 1/3 of attendees are not 'into' LBs but attended as it was for Charity. Members of Rotary club with wives, my neighbours etc.

Let us take one step at a time. It was a resounding success but not many would have forecast that belief.

We now have a solid base on which to build. Let us not put the roof up before the walls!

My position, this time, was that we would control all media in house.

• Upvote 2

Carefully nurturing the event this year is perfectly understandable. And we shouldn't forget how the media love to trivialise these things. Had they been present, I am sure half the coverage would have focused on the girls checking their hair or makeup. And a costume malfunction! OMG, that would ensure nervous guffaws from studio anchors all around the globe. With heavily pixelated pictures of course.

But to use the Billy Idol story as an example of how you can obtain media coverage beyond anything money can buy, there was no coincidence that the birthday story was picked up by the networks. Idol's PR people would have spread the news far & wide.

I am sure that before next years event, all the contingencies will be sorted out over many drinks over many nights in many bars & a viable plan will be adopted. There's no point trying to finesse it now, this is the time to bask in the knowledge of a job well done.

Really, really nice job rossco! Great fun & a great cause... thanks for putting in the man hours. From the gist of this it seems it is going to only get bigger, & I hope, just as much fun. Maybe some girls from Bangkok, Chiang Mai or the PI next time? :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would share the replies from both the Orphanage and Rotary - Rotary may actually DOUBLE the 100,000 we all gave.

Many thanks to all the generous people from here on this Forum. Those who were actually there and those that sponsored/donated who were absent.

This Forum was a source of financial support - 8 of the 40 Sponsors were from here.

Hoping we can count on your support, again, in the future.

Not only did you help two wonderful Charities but you also improved the image of LBs and gave them some much needed self-esteem. See Other Media Coverage at the end of this post.

Some BMs have promised some further contributions so I am holding the account open until the end of this month.

After giving to the 2 nominated charities we have about 57,000 baht still to donate.

This was due to the Auction on the night.

I will keep you up to date when we have decided on a beneficiary.

The hotel were also delighted and have assured me that we can have 300 attendees next time.

Somehow 26th October 2013 looks like a good day!

Many Thanks

Orphanage:

27 October 2012 The great success of the first LadyBoy Water VolleyBall (LBWVB) Charity Event 2012 held at the Areca Lodge, Blue Ocean Pool of the Evergreen Tower, was due to the untiring efforts and efficiency of no one else but Khun Tony. And with the overwhelming support of bar owners and high-spirited teams of players, the tournament was fun-filled for all concerned. Part of the proceeds will benefit the roof repair at Sotpattana School for the Deaf whose director was invited to the presentation ceremony at the end of the competition. Holding the THB125,000 cheque and Certificate of Merit, Rev. Michael Weera Phangrak extended his appreciation on behalf of the deaf kids. May your loving hearts, health, family, and undertakings be blessed. Congratulations on the successful LBWVB event with more to come annually.

Rotary:

On behalf of myself and RCES may I thank you wholeheartedly for your splendid imaginative effort and hard work that you put into the worlds first LBWVB competition. What a wonderful event. Further may I thank you for your superb generosity in sharing the results of your hard work with Rotary Club Eastern Seaboard with the magnificent donation of 100,000 Baht towards our water projects fund.

If we, RCES are able to find a suitable foreign donor club we may be able to execute a Matching Grant with Rotary International which could more than double these funds. On their own the funds can provide clean drinking water for 100 families ie 500-600 people will benefit.

As an incentive and achievement factor perhaps the winning team may know of a school/village that they would like to see these filters used. (Providing it fulfilled our criteria of no or very poor mains water and that the average family did not have sufficient income to buy water etc.) I am happy to go and visit the locations. This may create a stronger incentive to win next year.

Your "Crazy Idea" is a winner, it fulfilled the promises made to sponsors and those who made donations, it created an afternoon and evening of entertainment and provided substantial awards and contributions to good causes where hundreds will benefit. Well done!

Kindest regards, Carl.

Other Media Coverage

http://www.thaifokus...ier-in-pattaya/

http://www.pattaya10...at-local-hotel/

http://www.cntravell...eyball-thailand

http://www.thaivisa....at-local-hotel/

http://www.eastnews....d/19548/page/2/

http://multimedia.qu...oto&media=46495

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

In 2012 we gave a significant donation of 125,000 Baht to repair the roof in the School for the Deaf at Pattaya Orphanage.

http://www.thepattayaorphanage.org/

The roof was getting damp and producing 'spoors' that was bad for the children who already have health problems.

Pleased to say the work is 100% completed so representatives from TJs and LaBamba joined me for a visit.

We had a huge tub of ice cream with cornets delivered - we were unsure how many children would be there.

There was also some large packs of snacks, colouring books, pens, crayons and pencils.

The children were delighted, thanking us all, and presented each bar with a token home made trophy

Nok from La Bamba did a superb job of serving the ice cream. She claimed to have prior experience.

The LaBamba pet dog mascot (Lena) was a big hit with the children - they cannot have pets at the Orphanage.

Nancy, of LaBamba, did a great job as official photographer.

Father Michael came to welcome us and his admin Siriphen gave us the tour to see how we had helped in 2012.

It was a busy weekend as it was Children's Day, in Thailand, and the 40th Anniversary of the Orphanage.

The Orphanage has over 160 Children, in their care, and have sent numerous children onto University.

There are plans to have all the other competing bars visit the all the other Charities we contributed to in 2013.

Visits are not only to show the results of the fund raising activity but also a reminder to all of us of those who need our help. For the Bars to visit those that they have helped is also a motivating experience and allows them to see their results.

• Life Home Trust - Jimbo, of C&D, has already done this in Phuket.
  • Water4Life filters - Stringfellows, Kings Bar, will attend presentation of the in Chantanaburi in late February.
  • Heart 2000 - Plans are in place to have BabyBoom and Sensations visit Dr Phillipe Suer
  • Camillian Home Trust - Temptations & Cockatoo will visit near Bangkok

Some photos:

• Roof Before and After.  The new roof removed the glass panels and improved lighting
  • Visiting group with some of the Children.

Many of whom are not only Deaf but also suffer from other disabilities.

Many thanks to LaBamba and TJs and all of you who helped in 2012.

post-193-0-74467800-1390038809_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-79873800-1390038827_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-99391200-1390038866_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-68353000-1390038928_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-80197200-1390038954_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-52790400-1390038970_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3