A worrying trend ?

Foggy

I always enjoy reading Stickman and was shocked to see this, I guess many people would be a little worried in that area now ?

And further confirmation that it pays to be careful around ladyboys on Sukhumvit, it was a similar story up the road in Sukhumvit soi 4 less than 24 hours later when Soi Nana continued its deterioration with another ladyboy stabbing, this time outside the Golden Beer Bar.

Witness reports have it that the ladyboy grabbed a young guy and there was some sort of altercation. As the young fellow walked away, it lunged at him. He turned to confront the ladyboy, but then just turned and ran down soi 4. He must have realised what had happened because as he hared away, evidence of being knifed started seeping through his shirt and got worse with every stride.

The ladyboy had stabbed him! The ladyboy was not at all fazed and stood there defiantly with a sizeable blade on show, estimated by one witness to be around five inches in length. And then the it (such actions are not worthy of any other pronoun) ran down the road, knife in hand, possibly to finish off the job!

With the young guy gone - hopefully to receive much-needed medical attention, the ladyboy put the knife away with the sort of nonchalance as putting aside a knife and fork at the end of a meal. One witness was so shocked that said he will never visit Sukhumvit soi 4 after midnight again. Soi Nana is fast becoming Soi Hell!

• Upvote 2

Just before I left Pattaya a couple of weeks ago, my condo was due for its regular cleaning. This time, only one of normal two cleaners turned up. She told me that "her friend was sad". On enquiring why, I was told that her son aged about 10 or so had been shot and killed the day before. I couldn't break the language barrier to find out more.

The statistics are quite sobering - the Philippines, known as being a violent society in 2008 had 6.4 murders per 100,000 head of population; Thailand had 5.8 per 100,000 head of population (UN figures)which given the different reporting standards may not be that much different. The main point is that it is largely Thai on Thai, rather than involving farangs but it is a violent society despite us thinking what Bumblebee so accurately describes as an adult Disneyland

The fantasy "Thailand" perhaps but there is absolutely nothing about the "real" Thailand that is an adult Disneyland. For us we can believe such for a week, two, or a month as we toss our disposable income like bread crumbs to the famished pigeons that gather to feed.

Thailand has tremendous poverty, suffering, misery and grief. And yes it can be very violent when the needy perceive others might be receiving more than the overall collective believe is an equitably disbursement. It's natural and normal. Look around at your work relationships. SAME SAME.