Any Bell Ringers Here

Pdoggg

A 33-year-old man from Oman out with his Thai girlfriend in Pattaya claimed that he didn’t know what ringing the bell meant this week when he rang the bell nearly twenty times in a local bar and racked up a huge bar bill, then refused to pay. (Editor’s Note: Despite having a Thai girlfriend with him and allegedly being a regular visitor to the country)

At a bar near Pattaya in the Naklua area, he rang the bell about twenty times and the staff and all customers present enjoyed free drinks, according to the owners of the bar. The tourist was not named to the media.

When it came time to go back to his hotel the tourist was presented with a bill for 53,300 baht and believed he had had his bar tab padded and began to argue over the amount of the bill.

He offered to pay 9,000 baht but the owner of the bar insisted they go to the police station to sort it out.

There the tourist police reviewed the case, including reviewing CCTV and the bills in question. The bar did not have a computerized system and used only handwritten bills which made the situation more difficult to review.

After a half-hour of negotiation, it was agreed upon that the Omani should pay only 5,500 baht more-a total of 14,500 baht on a bill of 53,300 baht.

They all then went their separate ways, reported Channel 7 news with an accompanying video. You can see the video at the link below. The Pattaya News notes that the tourist seems quite amused with the entire situation, laughing and smiling.

https://thepattayanews.com/2019/09/13/omani-tourist-racks-up-50000-baht-bar-bill-in-pattaya-refuses-to-pay-bill-and-claims-didnt-know-what-ringing-the-bell-meant/

• Like 1

My first trip i was in EZbar and rang the bell each time i came down from the short time rooms - 4 times in as many hours and bar find my fifth trip for later that night at my hotel but no ring that time. but I was lucky only hot ladyboys in the bar when i rang the bell , oh and Lita and carl was a sleep. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, alaskanbear said:

My first trip i was in EZbar and rang the bell each time i came down from the short time rooms - 4 times in as many hours and bar find my fifth trip for later that night at my hotel but no ring that time. but I was lucky only hot ladyboys in the bar when i rang the bell , oh and Lita and carl was a sleep. 

4 times in 4 hours...now who's bragging.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zeppie said:

4 times in 4 hours...now who's bragging.....

Nope not Bragging at all read the trip report on here.

yep Pdoggg EZY was one fine bar top 2 bars of all time EZY and cocktails and dreams please don't ask for whos first lol. I was so wound up for my first trip and scared as you said I never left Soi bj . But the best time of my life ..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, alaskanbear said:

Nope not Bragging at all read the trip report on here.

yep Pdoggg EZY was one fine bar top 2 bars of all time EZY and cocktails and dreams please don't ask for whos first lol. I was so wound up for my first trip and scared as you said I never left Soi bj . But the best time of my life ..

Sorry........I was just jealous......been there myself, but I have to wear glasses, to see that far back.........lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

Sorry........I was just jealous......been there myself, but I have to wear glasses, to see that far back.........lol

No problem I managed to go 4 times in 4 years before life money got in the way then the loss of being able to walk then my job. so i use a telescope to see that far back but I would trade nothing IMHO it was the best time of my life . 55555

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:52 PM, Splaten said:

Ring my bell...has in English also a sexual meaning? I guess something related to blowjob?

20 hours ago, soiboy said:

A classic from the golden era of disco.  The 1979 hit by Anita Ward.  And, yes, I think there just might be a sexual connotation in there....

Speaking English as a Foreign language, I could querry chatgpt and ask for translations. So, "generally speaking,  the phrase "ring my bell" or "ring my bell" is used to express the idea of arousing interest or excitement in a person, but it can be interpreted differently depending on the context and how it is used." This means it may have a sexual conotation but only in a sexual context. "Ring the bell" can also be used to express the idea of doing something remarkable or exceptional, as in the expression "that performance really rang the bell".

After reading this, IMHO, the guy ringing the bell wants to draw the attention of people in the bar to his own self. However, Since this must be a use coming from the UK and Ireland, this must be something different like inviting other customers in the bar to ring the bell so that everybody will pay his own round. 

• Like 3