Stop for 3 or 4 days in HCMC

I am contemplating visiting HCMC on my return home from BKK. The airfare is ok with the stopover.

Do you think it is worth it to stop for 3 or 4 days?. I would have a look around and maybe try to find a lb or two.

Any thoughts?.

I don't know. 

If you read my last TR, you see it wasn't very easy recently even for me. It depends on several factors and I don't think I will have time to detail everything till next weekend. 

When do you project to go to HCMC ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I don't know. 

If you read my last TR, you see it wasn't very easy recently even for me. It depends on several factors and I don't think I will have time to detail everything till next weekend. 

I thought your TR was very informative.  It demonstrated some (my take) negative aspects for LB's there.  The TR indicate that it is expensive, not easy to find, very much have attitudes, and lacking desire to please.  I did think they were very pretty and feminine.  Based off the TR, I will longer consider VN for LB's.  

52 minutes ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I don't know. 

I was planning to arrive in HCMC on the 14th May and leave on the 17th. A short visit. Cant spend much more time away from my work.

You need to compare with my last trip before covid19. Before departing, I had an adress book with 49 ladyboys, a few of whom were already expensive and 30 % or more had vanished from the scene. At the end of the trip, I had to go to bars to pick up a ladyboy since I had no other possibility. At the end of the trip, I had lost contact with 24 of them.  16ladyboys didn't want to meet or were (already) too much expensive. I had met 5 of them. I had decided not to meet 3 of them since I didn't feel attracted. I had 10 good reviews and 2 scammers (actually 3 scammmers, one of them having had a good ST for our first date and a very bad one in a 3some for our second date). Altogether, I had 16 ST, including 2 scams and 14 great ST. 
I had paid an average price of 635,000 VND (825 THB at the 2019 rate) ST hotel room rate included if need be. This means I could meet more than 20 % of my adress book. 

I kept on adding ladyboys during my trip and reached 421 ladyboys in my adress book. I expected I could find a potential of 20 % to meet (84 ladyboys), but I underestimated difficulties. 
- 80 % of these 421 ladyboys wouldn't answer, or would ask for too high prices or would be agressive. I had thought that not contacting them before traveling would avoid me losing contacts. 
- in North VN all the ladyboys asked for too high prices or even proved they had no experience of p4p. Only one could have accepted something, but she was busy at work and had contacts with a couple of ladyboys whom I wouldn't recommend. 
- In Nha Trang, the scene was destroyed by the covid crisis
- In HCMC and the delta, many ldyboys asked for too high prices. I should have sorted. I haven't sorted yet since it's too big a job. Even Daisy refused to go with me. I can't explain what's wrong with her. I sponsored her, she welcomed me but was too busy looking for a model job as she said. (But she was waiting for appointments at 2 million VND in TS-dating. Even Bé kan (Quynh Phuong) I intended to ST refused. She answered she didn't understand. 
- Meanwhile, prices also increased in BKK and Pattaya. I know many farangs don't want to admit it since they fear to lose face. I refused prices over 1 million, but I could have added a couple of great looking ones if I had accepted 1.5 million and why not 2 million once or twice.
- ladyboys working in bars are no longer allowed to go out with a custmer (neither are GGs).
- another detail : many ladyboys have jobs. So they keep high prices. They are not available on the first days of the week (Mondays to Wednesdays or Thursdays). Then they need money when the weekend is coming. 

I think I had been lucky in VN in 2018 and 2019. Although I had worked seriously on the subject I was not this (last) year. I should have been more casual. I restricted time dedicated to sight seeing. I should have visited places (especially in North VN) instead of wasting time with ladyboys atthe beginning of the week. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

You need to compare with my last trip before covid19. Before departing, I had an adress book with 49 ladyboys, a few of whom were already expensive and 30 % or more had vanished from the scene. At the end of the trip, I had to go to bars to pick up a ladyboy since I had no other possibility. At the end of the trip, I had lost contact with 24 of them.  16ladyboys didn't want to meet or were (already) too much expensive. I had met 5 of them. I had decided not to meet 3 of them since I didn't feel attracted. I had 10 good reviews and 2 scammers (actually 3 scammmers, one of them having had a good ST for our first date and a very bad one in a 3some for our second date). Altogether, I had 16 ST, including 2 scams and 14 great ST. 
I had paid an average price of 635,000 VND (825 THB at the 2019 rate) ST hotel room rate included if need be. This means I could meet more than 20 % of my adress book. 

I kept on adding ladyboys during my trip and reached 421 ladyboys in my adress book. I expected I could find a potential of 20 % to meet (84 ladyboys), but I underestimated difficulties. 
- 80 % of these 421 ladyboys wouldn't answer, or would ask for too high prices or would be agressive. I had thought that not contacting them before traveling would avoid me losing contacts. 
- in North VN all the ladyboys asked for too high prices or even proved they had no experience of p4p. Only one could have accepted something, but she was busy at work and had contacts with a couple of ladyboys whom I wouldn't recommend. 
- In Nha Trang, the scene was destroyed by the covid crisis
- In HCMC and the delta, many ldyboys asked for too high prices. I should have sorted. I haven't sorted yet since it's too big a job. Even Daisy refused to go with me. I can't explain what's wrong with her. I sponsored her, she welcomed me but was too busy looking for a model job as she said. (But she was waiting for appointments at 2 million VND in TS-dating. Even Bé kan (Quynh Phuong) I intended to ST refused. She answered she didn't understand. 
- Meanwhile, prices also increased in BKK and Pattaya. I know many farangs don't want to admit it since they fear to lose face. I refused prices over 1 million, but I could have added a couple of great looking ones if I had accepted 1.5 million and why not 2 million once or twice.
- ladyboys working in bars are no longer allowed to go out with a custmer (neither are GGs).
- another detail : many ladyboys have jobs. So they keep high prices. They are not available on the first days of the week (Mondays to Wednesdays or Thursdays). Then they need money when the weekend is coming. 

I think I had been lucky in VN in 2018 and 2019. Although I had worked seriously on the subject I was not this (last) year. I should have been more casual. I restricted time dedicated to sight seeing. I should have visited places (especially in North VN) instead of wasting time with ladyboys atthe beginning of the week. 

Thanks Pulci

On the strength of that it does not sound too promising. Maybe  better to spend a couple more days in BKK. At least I know what I am in for. Thanks for the detailed reply.

I would not like to spend 3 days trying to find a lb when you can get them off the shelf in BKK.

Staying for 3 or 4 days is a hit or miss. Before covid, I had met 3 ladyboys in one day and half (one scam in the 3). 3 Months ago, it took me 3 days to get my first date. 

It also depends on whether you're a good explorer, and maybe on whether you're lucky or not. Anyway, you can't expect to pick up from a bar. A few bars let GGs and ladyboys go before covid, now they don't (except Kitty's but the ladyboy didn't worth the ST). I was told that bars risk troubles if they do. 

What you can do is find a room in D1 according to your budget, chill out in the couple of bars with ladyboys, but you'll just spend time for a LD. Then You can increase your budget and find ladyboys in Bui Vien street. One of them used to ask me 2 million but offered me 1.5 million (about 2,250 THB) in a nearby ST hotel. 
If you like posties, you can push to Tina's corner and you can also try the place where ladyboys who pretend to be models hang in the evening. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Staying for 3 or 4 days is a hit or miss. Before covid, I had met 3 ladyboys in one day and half (one scam in the 3). 3 Months ago, it took me 3 days to get my first date. 

It also depends on whether you're a good explorer, and maybe on whether you're lucky or not. Anyway, you can't expect to pick up from a bar. A few bars let GGs and ladyboys go before covid, now they don't (except Kitty's but the ladyboy didn't worth the ST). I was told that bars risk troubles if they do. 

What you can do is find a room in D1 according to your budget, chill out in the couple of bars with ladyboys, but you'll just spend time for a LD. Then You can increase your budget and find ladyboys in Bui Vien street. One of them used to ask me 2 million but offered me 1.5 million (about 2,250 THB) in a nearby ST hotel. 
If you like posties, you can push to Tina's corner and you can also try the place where ladyboys who pretend to be models hang in the evening. 

Thanks Pulci.

I will chew it over.

On 2/16/2023 at 8:56 AM, Pulci Gorgon said:

Just found an airfare via HCMC thats a lot better that getting a direct flight back, so think I will go that way. If no luck with the ladies, so be it.

One of the alternative fares had a baggage cost of $240.00!!!!!!. Bloody crazy.

We hear so much about Vietnam it should be worth the short visit.

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

Well I booked my ticket. It's all go now.

The fare that I saw on Sunday seemed to have gone, but I found a better one anyway. Vietnam Air . I think they hand out parachutes when you board, but that is ok. 

Sort of looking forward to it. Going on what PG has said it may be a bit hit and miss on the lb scene. That was backed up by blogs that have been published. 

Anyway, it will be something new.

31 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Well I booked my ticket. It's all go now.

The fare that I saw on Sunday seemed to have gone, but I found a better one anyway. Vietnam Air . I think they hand out parachutes when you board, but that is ok. 

Sort of looking forward to it. Going on what PG has said it may be a bit hit and miss on the lb scene. That was backed up by blogs that have been published. 

Anyway, it will be something new.

At what date will you arrive there ?