Artificial Intelligence

Tomcat

https://stablediffusionweb.com/#demo

who created these Ladyboy paintings... no one.. check out the latest AI software ... the new version will write songs at will. The newspaper article you are reading probably wasnt even written by a human

Just type in anything and the software generates it from a mish mash of zillions of images and so on...and this is just the beginning. The issue is who own what?

download lb.jpg

download lb2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not convinced, TC.

Nick Cave calls ChatGPT and AI songwriting 'a grotesque mockery of what it is to be human'

ChatGPT is the latest software generating uproar around AI-generated art, leading to a growing frustration with the way society devalues art.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/17/this-song-sucks-nick-cave-responds-to-chatgpt-song-written-in-style-of-nick-cave

https://www.euronews.com/culture/2023/01/17/nick-cave-calls-chatgpt-and-ai-songwriting-a-grotesque-mockery-of-what-it-is-to-be-human

Nick Cave shared his take on songwriting using artificial intelligence and ChatGPT, a chatbot launched by OpenAI last November. It’s an artificial intelligence chat that has been trained and designed to hold natural conversations.

“Since its launch in November last year many people, most buzzing with a kind of algorithmic awe, have sent me songs ‘in the style of Nick Cave’ created by ChatGPT,” he wrote in his response. “There have been dozens of them. Suffice to say, I do not feel the same enthusiasm around this technology. I understand that ChatGPT is in its infancy but perhaps that is the emerging horror of AI – that it will forever be in its infancy, as it will always have further to go, and the direction is always forward, always faster.”

He continued: “It can never be rolled back, or slowed down, as it moves us toward a utopian future, maybe, or our total destruction. Who can possibly say which? Judging by this song ‘in the style of Nick Cave’ though, it doesn’t look good, Mark. The apocalypse is well on its way. This song sucks.”

In the depths of the night, I hear a call

A voice that echoes, through the hall

It’s a siren’s song, that pulls me in

Takes me to a place, where I can’t begin

Chorus:

I am the sinner, I am the saint

I am the darkness, I am the light

I am the hunter, I am the prey

I am the devil, I am the savior

Verse 2:

I walk the streets, with my head held high

I’ve got my demons, but I’ll make them fly

I’ll dance with the devil, and I’ll play his game

I’ll be the one, to call his name

(Chorus)

Bridge:

I’ve got the blood of angels, on my hands

I’ve got the fire of hell, in my eyes

I’m the king of the abyss, I’m the ruler of the dark

I’m the one that they fear, in the shadows they hark

(Chorus)

Outro:

So come with me, to the edge of the night

Where the darkness and the light collide

We’ll walk the line, between the good and the bad

And we’ll see, who comes out on top in the end.

640x442_cmsv2_caf81e1f-0a61-5d5f-9706-856283935966-7312814.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

More seriously AI is the nightmare to come. I'm late middle aged. I can't wait to eat the dirt before half the population in developed countries lose their jobs to AI technology. Forget over population, climate change, global war, etc. Fear AI. 

What a ridiculous exaggeration. Half the population really? People who fear AI do not understand it. It is clear you are in that category.

15 hours ago, Quinn said:

"Picasso must be rolling in his grave",

Close - but no cigar. Try -

Liubov Popova

Arquitectura Pictórica 1918 | Painterly Architectonics

Óleo sobre Lienzo, 105 * 80 cm | Oil on Canvas 105 * 80 cm

Thanks Quinn.. i put that in as an input as i was reading a book by Robert Hughes about Cubism etc and had no idea the image existed.... still a fantastic work of modern art i think. ( i have got the end yet so maybe the artwork is in there...im no expert , just love this period)

From what i understood it was supposed to syntheize a new art work. Thats the idea ,, which in fact it does most of the time, i only played with it last night but im sure it has its uses 

I used it to give an idea to a friend who developes Divers Watches. 

As far as AI is concerned the genie is out the bottle and its nots going back in.. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, seven said:

I'm not convinced, TC.

Music to one side for a moment.. i think there is going to be a big legal fight on that anyway soon...ill post later when i find my FT Weekend which had an article on this point. 

AI was probably the reason we all have a decent vaccine so quick... if Humans had to weed out all the possible duds we would still be waiting. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ozzie said:

What a ridiculous exaggeration. Half the population really? People who fear AI do not understand it. It is clear you are in that category.

Oz, maybe you should explain it to us (those that fear it/don't understand it), before categorizing us as "ridiculous".  I for one would like to her your arguments and in-depth knowledge you posses regarding the future of the subject.  Indicating some ones opinion is ridiculous without demonstrating the why's, seems to me to be a ridiculous argument.  When I hear such baseless counterpoints and name calling, it reminds me of the left wing propaganda machine. Also, I think you should not attack someone personally, for having an opinion different then your opinion.  Also, are you suggesting that AI is all good and there are no drawbacks or unintended consequences?

• Like 1