Transgender Missouri inmate executed.

Quinn

Transgender Missouri inmate executed.

A Missouri inmate has been put to death for a 2003 killing, becoming what is believed to be the first transgender woman executed in the US.

Amber McLaughlin was put to death on Tuesday night, hours after the Republican governor of Missouri, Mike Parson, declined a clemency request. McLaughlin was convicted in 2006 of killing a former girlfriend in suburban St Louis in 2003.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/03/amber-mclaughlin-missouri-transgender-person-execution

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised Quiet Guy wasn't all over this (sorry QG!) McLaughlin was not transgender when s/he committed the murder. Became one while incarcerated on death row. 

I think the execution was wrong. All murders are wrong but this was one murder. I actually support the death penalty but only in rare cases - mass murder, terrorism, and war crimes. Or if a murder was particularly depraved - prolonged torture and rape. As far as I know, McLaughlin's case had none of these. 

Her execution was a gross injustice. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

Well in the past you seem to get carried away on ladyboy/transgenders rights! Not sure about recently, I haven't logged on in ages.....

I thought you got banned.

You told us all off and asked to be "banned." Remember? 

EDIT: Fuck you!! :biggrin:

• Haha 1