PATTAYA ACCOMODATION

duke007

Too lazy to look it up - does this mean it's good, or it's bad?

"In UK slang terms the "dog's bollocks" means the best. It comes from the habit of male dog's licking their testicles (bollocks) and that they must taste good as they spend so much time in this activity."

In the Jomtien Complex, I think the Iluka is the place BB and I looked at.

As with most guesthouses in the Jomtiem Complex, you need to walk through a gay bar or restaurant to get to your room.

:o Well, that won't do, good heavens, I could never do that! :biggrin:

Thanks P.Dogg, et al, for all the good info. I'll have to check out Iluka when I'm there next; if it lives up to its photos, those are some great rates, particularly for low season.

I'm still looking into where to stay for December, I'm expecting the worst in terms of prices for that time of year.

I might go Diana Oasis again, ideal spot for Baby Boom (IF it is still going by then) and only a short ride to Action Street. Pooks never really interested me.

Preferably would like somewhere with a pool and not be too far from the action.

• 3 weeks later...

My fault.... am heading over to Pattaya mid-late November and had a room held at the Evergreen at Areca Lodge. I dithered around, chopped and changed dates, lost my option date at Areca and now they are fully booked on the nights I need and I'm a bit sad! :(

So, am just trying to work out next best options. I want a new-ish place, a swimming pool and need to have reliable wi-fi in the room. I kinda like Page 10 but it's just a bit more lumpy than I want to pay this time round. At this point I'm juggling with either August Suites (probably the first choice) or April Suites and as a possible wild card the LK Royal Wing.

Anyone got thoughts / comments on the above?

Thanks D&C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did a little snooping on a GG site and the place gets decent reviews. Someone complained that the elevator/lift sometimes doesn't work. Apparently they were closed most of August and did pretty much a total refurbish. I've walked past the place on Soi Honey a zillion times but never went in.

Bay Breeze Hotel

Ā 

http://www.pattayaph...m/?a2vRUYNrkcLD

• 1 month later...

My fault.... am heading over to Pattaya mid-late November and had a room held at the Evergreen at Areca Lodge. I dithered around, chopped and changed dates, lost my option date at Areca and now they are fully booked on the nights I need and I'm a bit sad! :(

So, am just trying to work out next best options. I want a new-ish place, a swimming pool and need to have reliable wi-fi in the room. I kinda like Page 10 but it's just a bit more lumpy than I want to pay this time round. At this point I'm juggling with either August Suites (probably the first choice) or April Suites and as a possible wild card the LK Royal Wing.

Anyone got thoughts / comments on the above?

Thanks D&C

Hi D&C, I stayed in theĀ Holiday InnĀ in my August trip. It's on Beach Road close to Soi 6. Very guest friendly, the official policy allows 2 guests per room without paying a joiner fee.

The girls like it a lot, great pool and amenities, convenient for soi 6 mongering.

The shower has a glass wall, so from the bedroom you can see your lady in the shower. There is a courtesy blind, but I kept forgetting to tell them about it.

Cheers

• 1 month later...