PATTAYA ACCOMODATION

duke007

14 minutes ago, David3615 said:

Any feedback on this hotel woudl be welcome 

Centara Azure Hotel Pattaya

Soi Bua Khaow 15,Pattaya 20150, Thailand, Pattaya Centre, Pattaya, Thaïlande, 20150

First thing I suggest is to get crystal clear about exactly which hotel you're booking as there are many different Centara hotels some very close to each other. 

I think the Centara Azure is one hotel on Soi 15 in a 5 building complex that includes 3 Centara Condos and a second hotel named (I think) Centara Avenue which is on the backside and actually closer to Soi Diana/LK Metro than Soi 15..  There are other Centara hotels around town.  It gets especially confusing if you book on a third party site because often Chinese condo owners are renting out units in the Condo.

I saw one room at the Centara Azure (I think) and it was quite nice but also quite small.  I stayed in a Centara Condo room once and also quite nice.  If you are staying in the Condo then more than any other hotel/condo, poolside is especially nice.  I think the big pool is for just the Azure and the 3 condos while the pool for the Centara Avenue is on the roof.  As I said, very confusing.  

Location is excellent.  Actually hard to pick a better location for being close to action but just ever so slightly removed for peace and quiet.   Very close to Baby Boom and Sweethearts.  

Btw, Centara Azure is an easy 3 minute walk from the Neta Hotel that I posted about up a few posts.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, duke007 said:

IMG_20211026_145040.jpg

Video starts out at Continental Bakery on Soi Xcyte.  They also have a location on the main road to Jomtien.  Their specialty appears to be European breakfasts rather than an English or American breakfast.  Quite good for me since I don't like eggs.

Lucas refers to the 17% Agoda markup to get to the final price. To be more precise in Pattaya it is 17.7% as when you multiply 1.1 times 1.07 you get 1.177 or 17.7%.

Chaiyapoon Inn mentioned in the video is a favorite of some guys I know.  My pick for the best but not cheapest walk in rate is the Neta Resort for 500 baht.

EDIT: The Neta is now to be avoided due to major road construction expected to last months making all access by dirt roads.

The video deals with hotel daily rates.    Pattaya Sunny Rentals handles some condos for a stay of just one month most with proper gyms and pools.  Most real estate agents want a six month minimum stay.   Some condos have an office where you can get a one month rate although many don't have a rental office.

With PSB some units include internet and TV while others don't.  Electric and Water extra.

https://www.holiday-rentals-pattaya.com/apartmens

• Like 1

Buzz is a likeable guy and his demeanor is well suited to interacting with Thai ladies as you can see the chemistry between him and  the real estate agent in the above video.  ABS (Always Be Smiling) works well with Thais as well as joking around like he does.   Buzz reminds me a bit of my buddy Lefty and nobody is better at turning on a big shit eating grin than Lefty.

Let's talk about Pratumnak.   In the video, Buzz mentions that a reason to live in The Peak (2nd place) is that it is a stones throw from the 9 hole golf course.   Perhaps if you have an arm like the young Peyton Manning it's a stones throw but it is actually the farthest walk of the three places from the golf course. There is no way you would want to walk with your clubs up the hill and then back down another hill to play golf.  If being close to that 9 Holer (not an alien sex freak) is important then One Tower is probably the best choice.

https://www.thailand-property.com/condo/1015/one-tower-pratumnak

Pratumnak is actually two distinct areas, Cozy Beach and Pratumnak Proper (Sois 4-5-6-7-10-12). Cozy Beach is an extremely remote area if you don't have a motobike.   There is no easy way to walk to Jomtien Beach.  You would need to walk up a steep hill to Pratumnak Road and then back down a hill along soi 4, 5, or 6.   However from the bottom of Pratumnak Soi 5 (Pratumnak Proper) it is a nice 1.5 kilometer stroll to the Jomtien police box along the Dongtan pathway.   You will probably see quite a bit of Pratumnak Proper in upcoming Ride 4 Kickz videos as that is where Lucas will be renting a house.  Note Pratumnak Proper is not common terminology but what I use it to distinguish it from Cozy Beach. 

There are also some places in Pratumnak proper only 200 meters from the baht bus.  Places with an easy 500 meter walk or less would include Art On The Hill which has a great gym, pool, and rooftop area but substandard furnishing in non-upgraded units and South Beach which doesn't have a gym but a nice pool area. 

https://www.thailand-property.com/condo/2994/art-on-the-hill

Note, South Beach has a very friendly office with 10K baht units while the Art On The Hill office does not handle rentals.

https://www.thailand-property.com/condos-for-rent/south-beach_p3119

In Buzz's video the 2nd and 3rd places, The Peak and The Cliff are in Cozy Beach.  The 1st place, the Vision is on Pratumnak Road between the two areas about 700 meters from the baht bus.  It is near two nice jogging areas if that is your thing but lacks the neighborhood feel of either Cozy or Pratumnak Proper.

Yai is from Cornerstone Real Estate which has friendly agents and solid trustworthy owners.  They might have somewhat less inventory though than the bigger agencies though.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20220407_131848.jpg

Lucas does his usual good job describing lodging options but I think he undervalues the importance of being close to the baht bus for holidaymakers who are drinking and shagging.   The Tevan, the third hotel he reviews would require Bolting it at night or riding drunk on a motobike.

Checking prices for the container place he reviews it doesn't seem to fall into the budget category and almost mongers require a room with a private bathroom.

The second place, the Pearl, is close enough to a baht bus but is a bit too far from the bars that most of you will want to visit.

These were all Jomtien hotels but perhaps the current safest choice for the budget conscious fudgepacker paying a daily rate is the P Plus hotel on Soi Xcyte as long as you don't mind smallish rooms.  The hotel originally planned to target Chinese but is in the absolute perfect location for 2022 mongers, really close to Soi Pothole, LK Metro, and Treetown yet on a peaceful soi.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:21 AM, Pdoggg said:

My pick for the best but not cheapest walk in rate is the Neta Resort for 500 baht.

This is no longer a good choice. Due to construction on Soi 15, if it rains you will have to walk on muddy dirt roads when going out and Bolts won't come to your door.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When staying in Pattaya few weeks ago, I've booked Baraquda MGallery (485 1 Moo 10, Pattaya City). Beautiful place, great pool and including good breakfast ... costs around 1150 THB (32 Euro) per night. And since I have loyalty points to spend, the amount payable got even decreased. Hotel is at the end (inland) of Soi 13/3. Fair walking distance from Soi Bukhao / Soi LK Metro / Treetown.

Credits for the pics to Accor 

2022 - Pattaya - Baraquda MGallery hotel (1).JPG

2022 - Pattaya - Baraquda MGallery hotel (2).JPG

2022 - Pattaya - Baraquda MGallery hotel (3).JPG

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Wow!. Was on Booking .com and trying to book a room. In the time that I looked at a room then another, then back to the first, the price had gone up!!!!. Theis happened twice. Also there were a number of hotels that were stating that there were only 1 or 2 rooms left. Whether that is a marketing tool or not I dont know.

Crazy. And it supposed to be quiet!. Must be ramping up for the busy season.

49 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Wow!. Was on Booking .com and trying to book a room. In the time that I looked at a room then another, then back to the first, the price had gone up!!!!. Theis happened twice.

I know on flight sites, once the cookies record what you were looking at, when you go back the price is always higher.  Probably the same here.  Maybe try a different browser or clear the cookies and cache on the browser you are using and see does it make much difference. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woodie said:

Also there were a number of hotels that were stating that there were only 1 or 2 rooms left. Whether that is a marketing tool or not I dont know.

I think that means that only 1 or 2 are left on that site.   Hotels are on multiple sites and don't want to be overbooked.  Sometimes the price is the same on all sites; sometimes different.  Sometimes there are different cancellation policies.

On 4/8/2022 at 2:06 AM, Pdoggg said:

This is no longer a good choice. Due to construction on Soi 15, if it rains you will have to walk on muddy dirt roads when going out and Bolts won't come to your door.

The above refers to Neta.  They changed there name and suspect they are more expensive now.  But that part of Soi 15 is OK.   To get from the Avenue Residence/Urban/City Garden you can get to Buakhao by was of a dirt road or you can take a little side soi to Soi Diana.  You can't get through or at least can't get through easily by taking Soi 15 all the way to Buakhao.

11 hours ago, bumblebee said:

I know on flight sites, once the cookies record what you were looking at, when you go back the price is always higher.  Probably the same here.  Maybe try a different browser or clear the cookies and cache on the browser you are using and see does it make much difference. 

Mate

the only cookies I like are called biscuits. ie Peanut brownies etc.

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I think that means that only 1 or 2 are left on that site.   Hotels are on multiple sites and don't want to be overbooked.  Sometimes the price is the same on all sites; sometimes different.  Sometimes there are different cancellation policies.

Another strange occurence. I wanted to reduce my stay at a hotel I had just booked. It would not let me do that. So they made me cancel that booking and change to a cheaper room type.

After I booked that I got another message saying I could upgrade for a very small cost. I did that so back to square one. How crazy!.

• Like 1

Booking systems are not so simple. I have an account at hotels.com with a free reservation every 10 nights (price shall be lower than the 10 nights average), but hotels get reservation mails from booking or Agoda. What I do when I want to check hotels, I check prices in Google maps or hotels.com without logging in and using my old tab. Then I use my App directly with my phone (My tab was too much an old crap to keep the App before Covid). 

• Like 1

all this tricky lying bullshit gives me fits.  I booked a room at one place at Thong lor...they accepted my reservation.  Then, weeks later CANCELLED IT.  The other night I see it listed again with a number in front of the name and a new look in the lobby.  Got sold I guess, new owner deleted all the reservations and started making new ones. Booked out the rooms I wanted.  Hit Agoda...reserve 3 days nearby, no problem, but no lock box OR locker and in an area not handy to food much and no flippin 7!  Cancelled, they said no prob, BUT sometimes the place will make charges anyway tho it usually takes only a week or two to get refunded...usually? WTF ? did I sign up to be a short time investor?  Next just called a place I booked for a few days later...some good chat with the manager, said can I come by the noodle shop, and pay you for a few days before my other booking? No problem, great :) I'll have some noodle soup TOO (the place was favorable reviewed by the Roaming Cook, years ago before he started the youTube thang).

Really distrust these lying scheming middleman bastards. Probably won't use them again unless I get a MUCH better rate than walk in. One time I did that at the suggestion of the check in clerk :)  She said it's cheaper if you book online, can do it now.  Screwy.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 10:36 AM, bumblebee said:

Bumble Bumble Bumble. The airlines and their booking agents deny that they use cookies like that. They say that they have no way of checking on your searches. True!.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woodie said:

Bumble Bumble Bumble. The airlines and their booking agents deny that they use cookies like that. They say that they have no way of checking on your searches. True!.

Well someone seems to do it, and I heard on a travel show once that they advised to clean cookies and cache before finally purchasing a flight. It worked for me a few times when booking over the years,  on sites that give various flight options such as Skyscanner.

• Like 1