PATTAYA ACCOMODATION

duke007

The last two trips Ive stayed in accomodation on Soi Chaiyapoon between Soi Buakhao and 3rd Road.

I would stay there again but the noise from the Thai Karaoke Bar next door really gets a bit much at 6, 7, 8 and sometimes even at 9am in the morning, my room was not double glazed so all you heard was "boom boom boom" and Im not talking about bedroom activity lol.

Im hoping to do a month stay on my next trip and have already enquired to The Stags Head on LK Metro about availability, which they have.

Its looks a great deal at 16,000 baht per month for a Medium sized balcony room and 18,000 baht per month for a Large Balcony room with all the amenities, I really like the location as its within easy reach to everything.

It would be like staying in a English Pub and of course will have the traditional English breakkie and Sunday Roasts available :turkey:

Ive searched and searched the web and this one seems the best bet, of course there will be places not on the Net that I dont know about.

I know that Alaskan Bear changed his original choice in Pattaya in February and my mate Panicos wasnt too happy with his choice and was going to change to the Areca Lodge.

So Chaps the question is "Where do you Stay and Why?", giving description of rooms, amenities, location and prices etc if possible

Im sure it will not only be of great help to me but to others of this forum. :drinks:

Stags Head Amenities and pics.....

Large double bed

Air conditioning

Ceiling fan

Refridgerator

Mini Bar

Free wifi connection

Flat screen television

Cable television

Dvd player

En suite shower room

Safe

Private Security card entrance

Communial CCTV

Guest freindly (no extra charge)

Tea and Coffee Facilities

Balcony

post-136-093128600 1332935677.jpg

post-136-032752000 1332935715.png

post-136-071578600 1332935776.jpg

post-136-012958700 1332935829.jpg

post-136-064551200 1332935860.jpg

• Upvote 1

Pattaya monthly rentals start at around 6K baht per month. But at 6K you're not going to have a pool or be in a great location. Actually Shiksa House behind Famous has a small pool and is rather inexpensive.

For guys staying not exactly 1 month, the rooms Patrice rents at the Yensabai Condo and also the VCC and My View Condos are good deals starting at 400 a day. Great pool. But no wifi and if you want the room cleaned it's extra.

Lots of good places in the 10K-15K range and lots of availabilty before December.

Lots of places on Buakhao around Action street area in the 500 to 700 a night or 7500 to 10,000 a month price range. I stay there for 8000 a month, balcony, cable TV, safe, free wifi. I won't mention the name as it seems to be getting busier each trip and I am finding it hard to get a room there myself at times, but these seem to be the basic facilities for a room in this area and price.

BB,

I realize you do not want to divulge your hotel but for 700 baht a night or 10,000 baht per month can you please expand on what one might expect in terms of amenities overall for such?

I have just seen these upper priced ones advertised outside the various places, have never stayed in them. I only know my own place. I'd imagine for 10,000 you would get a bigish room, balcony, dining table plus chairs, maybe a small kitchen area, wifi, safe but again I am just speculating, maybe some guys here know more about them.

Thanks.

We need more IT on the ground. I've stayed at various places over the past number of years and, although was comfortable, nonetheless felt some were over priced. I like safe, quiet, free wifi, balcony, AC, clean, no guest fees, et cetera. Don't give a rat's ass about restaurants, free breakfasts, and other needless amenities like such. Just good value.

Stag's Head sounds tops duke.

Unlike Sam, I like the brekkie thrown in if you can get it. I must remember they do Sunday roasts. I'm a Sunday roast eater here in Saigon and I missed that in Pattaya.

But like Sam, I'm not a frills person, and as long as it's clean comfortable secure with hot water I'm usually OK. Location is important to me, so this most recent time I chose Howard's Guesthouse on soi VC. A 3 minute walk to Sunee Plaza. A 2 minute walk up the soi to nightclubs like Mic My Boy. A 5 minute walk to Famous.

It was 20 USD/night. Quote is in American, then at check out they use the old calculator to convert to baht. But that's somewhere around 600 TB a night, not too bad really.

Comfy bed, window opening onto a back alley, aircon, TV, hot water, plenty of wardrobe and cupboard space, desk and chair for my laptop work. No wifi in room, but available downstairs in lobby. Brekkie but not included. Usually 75 baht.

Here's the comfy bed:

post-244-099825000 1332980678.jpg

As others have mentioned on these pages in the past, FMs need to be alerted that Howard's is a gay owned and very gay friendly venue. The openness with which romance is conducted about the lobby may daunt some. The only LBs seen in my 3 weeks there were ones I brought home. All other clientele were active in the range femboy through straight presenting gayboys.

And no, the gayboy in the pic above does not come with the room. He was extra cost as you'd expect. But, he is staff and they are very available.

PAGE 10 HOTEL - Soi 10 and 2nd Road (between Beach Road and 2nd Road on Soi 10).

RATES: Studio Deluxe King including all taxes Jan/Feb 2012: 2628 per night via Agoda (roughly $83.55 US per night)

I loved this place. Double glazed storm windows kept the street noise to a minimum. HUGE bathroom with enormous shower and small bathtub. Good wifi if you are in the center of hallway near elevators; weak signal if in rooms at end of hallway. Good staff, nice pool on roof, great king bed and decent tv. Comfortable AC. 3 minute walk to Central Festival Mall.

Location is right in the thick of things and was perfect for all my mongering needs.

For photos check the website:Ā 

Page 10 Hotel

I've been going to Patts on & off since '95 & have never stayed in the same hotel twice, except for the Welkom Inn 2X in the '90s. I can recommend August Suites &Ā Pattaya Bay ResortĀ as good value for $$.

While I would like to stay at cheaper but still cheerful smaller venues like the Stag's Head, my hotel now must have a decent pool as a starting point for my holidays in Pattaya: it's hot, the beach is a sewer & I'm working my ass off all year so I feel I deserve that bit of lux.... The Marriott Pattaya has a fabulous pool, but the rooms are way too pricey & need to be updated.

Ā 

Ā August SuitesĀ ticks a lot of boxes, but I think I would prefer to be closer to Bukhao & further south next time, maybe Yensabai condos?

August Suites August Suites does tick a lot of boxes for sure. The only daunting thing is the walk of shame through their wide open reception area passed the front desk. All eyes seem to turn my way. Especially as the clack, click, clack of my LB's high heels resonates off of the marble floors. On many a night I wished I wore a bag over my head.Ā rolleyes.gif

I have stayed at the Mosiak many times. I like its location and find it good value.Ā Mosaik ApartmentsĀ Another affordable place, well located, and terrific value is @Home. It is on the corner of Pattaya Klang and 2nd.

Tons of choices and like many here l have stayed in various places. Somehow l like being in the Soi Diana and Buakhao area. Lots of great places tpo eat and it seems to be busier every visit. LK Metro is a great location and guest friendly. Has all the amenities, great comfortable rooms. It has a side door if you ever need to slip in or out. The areca Lodge is my fav as l have stayed there many times.

Great friendly staff, if you make it for breakfast its the best, two pools and comfortable rooms. By joining the ACE club l get a cheaper rate around 1300B a night. The staff are very cool and of course its very central. Short walk to La Bamba, Nong and Pook and all the massage places on soi Honey. I will be back there in May.

PBRĀ Pattaya Bay ResortĀ is a cool hotel but the air con blows on the bed and both times l have stayed there l caught a cold. Maybe l should use the sheets, but as much as its a freindley hotel l like Areca better.

In Jomtien l have stayed at Ā Nirvana Boutique Suites Hotel JomtienĀ and the Avalon. Nirvana is very cool, l hate the stairs but the room is like an apartment. Easy access and all the amenities. I really like this place, but its a little out of the way but very comfortable, if you have a bike no problem. Great rates as well.

Avalon Beach Resort JomtienĀ is more upscale but a fabulous place if you want to spend some quality time with a special lady. Great comfortable rooms with all the extras, awesome breakfast and beautiful pool. It backs onto Dongtan beach and has is one of those places that makes you feel like you are away from it all. Cant say what the scoop is for guests as mine was with me for a week. ****

Cheers
ET :drinks:

• Upvote 2

The last two trips Ive stayed in accomodation on Soi Chaiyapoon between Soi Buakhao and 3rd Road.

I would stay there again but the noise from the Thai Karaoke Bar next door really gets a bit much at 6, 7, 8 and sometimes even at 9am in the morning, my room was not double glazed so all you heard was "boom boom boom" and Im not talking about bedroom activity lol.

Im hoping to do a month stay on my next trip and have already enquired to The Stags Head on LK Metro about availability, which they have.

Its looks a great deal at 16,000 baht per month for a Medium sized balcony room and 18,000 baht per month for a Large Balcony room with all the amenities, I really like the location as its within easy reach to everything.

It would be like staying in a English Pub and of course will have the traditional English breakkie and Sunday Roasts available :turkey:

Ive searched and searched the web and this one seems the best bet, of course there will be places not on the Net that I dont know about.

I know that Alaskan Bear changed his original choice in Pattaya in February and my mate Panicos wasnt too happy with his choice and was going to change to the Areca Lodge.

So Chaps the question is "Where do you Stay and Why?", giving description of rooms, amenities, location and prices etc if possible

Im sure it will not only be of great help to me but to others of this forum. :drinks:

Stags Head Amenities and pics.....

Large double bed

Air conditioning

Ceiling fan

Refridgerator

Mini Bar

Free wifi connection

Flat screen television

Cable television

Dvd player

En suite shower room

Safe

Private Security card entrance

Communial CCTV

Guest freindly (no extra charge)

Tea and Coffee Facilities

Balcony

as u know i was staying across this hotel last febr.and i wasnt really happy

for my choice....it looks that this time i will stay there also with you Dave

I wanna stay with Mr. Duke also!!! We could have tons of fun, playing cards, smoking, drinking beer, watching football on TV, eating snacks and pizza, circle jerk, stuff like that. What do you say Mr. Duke?!!? Can we stay with you, huh?? :stuff:

Only if you sleep on the Balcony Sam :thumbsu:

I managed to book "ROOM 2" at the CHOW SOY on Soi Chayaipoon for November, I dont only think its a bargain at 700 per night in "High Season" but also the restaurant downstairs is the "Dogs Bollocks" :yahoo:

"The rooms have King Size Bed, A/C, Hot Shower, Cable TV, DVD Player, Kettle,(All Rooms Now Have 42" Plasma T.V.), Large Fridge, Digital Safe in room, Very nice bathroom & and is very nicely done out with Sofa. The rooms have Free WI-FI Internet. The location is very convenient for most places in town.

***Please Note The Very Large Room (Room 2) Has A Pentium 4 PC With WiFi ***" :thumbsu:

post-136-072932800 1333753283.jpg

post-136-055194900 1333753335.jpg

post-136-059477700 1333753369.jpg

post-136-025378800 1333753528.jpg

• Upvote 1

I visited Diana Oasis yesterday. Fabulous staff - I mean really, awesome. When you go in, go to the office on the right, not straight ahead (that's a different place). Very full for much of the year. Decent rooms (3 to 4 star). I'd say it's a notch down fromĀ April SuitesĀ but much more affordable for long term stays. No usable balcony (in case you have a guest who smokes). It seems as though it is mix between "year-rounders" and monthly apartments. Swimming pool looked nice but quite well-attended. Looks like a well run operation.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to book "ROOM 2" at the CHOW SOY on Soi Chayaipoon for November, I dont only think its a bargain at 700 per night in "High Season" but also the restaurant downstairs is the "Dogs Bollocks" :yahoo:

"The rooms have King Size Bed, A/C, Hot Shower, Cable TV, DVD Player, Kettle,(All Rooms Now Have 42" Plasma T.V.), Large Fridge, Digital Safe in room, Very nice bathroom & and is very nicely done out with Sofa. The rooms have Free WI-FI Internet. The location is very convenient for most places in town.

***Please Note The Very Large Room (Room 2) Has A Pentium 4 PC With WiFi ***" :thumbsu:

Dave you talking about this room??

I must tell you its a nice big playroom with bacony very good choice.

Cheers HR

post-1045-077855700 1334486350.jpg

post-1045-064074700 1334486367.jpg

• Upvote 1

LOL, well it looks like room 2 in Chow Soy is winning as the most popular location - I've got it booked for 6th - 20th May :D

I stayed at Chow Soy last May (although it was a different room) and found it great. I couldn't get in there last October as you have to book WELL in advance so stayed at Metro Appartments on LK Metro which was also very good.

Chow Soy

post-746-017913700 1334490056.jpg

Metro Appartments

post-746-009230200 1334490070.jpg

• Upvote 1