PATTAYA ACCOMODATION

duke007

It has a discreet side entrance. Does if have a discreet rear entrance?

The idea of staying above a ladyboy bar might sound like fun and might actually be fun for a few nights. But long term I wouldn't want bargirls see who I am bringing home.

I don't think his arm would need to be twisted very much to bring the price down from 21K a month as that type of room rents for about 10K a month plus electric.  Good chance there is no electric meter so there would have to be an all in rate.  

But maybe they really don't want monthly tenants, especially with high season on the horizon, until they figure out how many short time rooms they need.  Generally big turnover is a hassle, but perhaps their weekly guests could turn out to be big spenders in the bar.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

It might be good for guys who are into late nights, but I like my sleep and I think it's going to be noisy above a late bar.

I also don't like the fact that 'strangers' will be using the 'short time' rooms therefore putting my privacy and security (of valuables) at risk, at least those who that have booked rooms will (hopefully) have had their ID's or Passport's recorded by reception. 

I stayed at a well now known Guesthouse a couple of times 2 years ago in the Buakhao area (close too but not on soi 15) and the rooms to be fair were fantastic, the only downfalls were that you easily kick the door open as the lock on it was absolute rubbish and the safety box in this particular room wasn't even screwed to the wall, put me off big style and I won't return, especially as its now a Gentleman's Club with access to upstairs rooms :unsure:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, duke007 said:

I stayed at a well now known Guesthouse a couple of times 2 years ago in the Buakhao area (close too but not on soi 15) and the rooms to be fair were fantastic, the only downfalls were that you easily kick the door open as the lock on it was absolute rubbish and the safety box in this particular room wasn't even screwed to the wall, put me off big style and I won't return, especially as its now a Gentleman's Club with access to upstairs rooms 

Wasn't sure I would ever stay there because of the price but if I did that would be the one of the three buildings I wanted to stay in. So now guess I don't like all three... 

• 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, duke007 said:

This place is absolutely amazing value for what you get, you won't believe how much it cost :good:

The good news is it is amazing value for last minute booking on Agoda.  If you use Agoda, we would sure appreciate it if you access Agoda on our sister site to help defray LBR's operating costs.

Please use our link for Agoda

This is perfect for a guy who doesn't use baht busses and prefers to go out on his own motobike.  However, if you don't have a motobike and your routine involves going out to ladyboy bars most nights then your savings will get eaten up by Grab Taxi.  It also might be a challenge for your Thai Friendly ladyboy to find it the first time.  It's not that far from 3rd Road though.

Why so cheap?  One guess is that their core market was Chinese group bookings and now that has dried up they need to fill rooms pronto.

• 2 weeks later...

The above 2 videos are quite interesting which shows low end, mid range, and high end condos.

For me the sweet spot would be the mid range at around 6500 a month.   Low end is around 3500 and high end around 25,000.

But you most probably would want to rent or own a motobike if you lived there.    It's about 35 miles north of Pattaya so most Pattaya visits would involve an overnight stay.  But seems like a nice place if one prefers a quiet life. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The fat man doesn't seem too impressed with the Mosaik but I think there is lots of value there at a daily rate of 680 baht as long as you don't care about a pool. 

True but bear in mind that  his room isn't a 680 baht room, that is the price he paid for a studio and lucked out as they upgraded him to that suite at no additional charge 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, globetrotter1 said:

True but bear in mind that  his room isn't a 680 baht room, that is the price he paid for a studio and lucked out as they upgraded him to that suite at no additional charge 

That's a really good point GT!

The studios which are in a separate building aren't up to the standard of the main building and there is no lift with very steep stairs.  

It's a good area, more of a commercial district - I used to live in the condo across the road. There even used to be a ladyboy bar round the corner though I don't recall the name. With a supermarket in Tukcom basement and Friendship just up the road, you can't go wrong for a bit of self-catering.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If I was coming down to Pattaya for a few nights, I'd stay at the Neta Resort.   It's on Booking .com and Agoda for 756 baht (642 + 114=756 on Agoda) but there is a sign outside with a walk in rate of just 500 baht.

This is normally a 1500 baht a night place, quite nice just off the quiet end of Soi 15 next to the Urban Condo (not the busy end near Buakhao).  Pool, gym, lift etc.

No contest between Neta and the old walkups around Buakhao.

Here's the website so you can see pics and info but the walk in promotion is not on the website.  It wont be full so don't worry about a reservation.  But you can call 091 761 5335 to verify the 500 baht walk in rate.

http://www.netaresortpattaya.com

neta3.jpg

neta1.jpg

neta2.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I reckon the Chiayapoon Inn in Soi Pothole is a good spot. Not mentioned in Mike Bairds guide, but should be. I think Cobber 32 would agree.

Woodie, you knew I'd respond.. Yes, I stay at Chaiyapoon Inn most times I come down. I think good value, and very near Zaza Massage as a bonus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cobber32 said:

Woodie, you knew I'd respond.. Yes, I stay at Chaiyapoon Inn most times I come down. I think good value, and very near Zaza Massage as a bonus.

Is it very noisy with the bars in this area

need to get to bed before 3am - at my age i need my cocoa some nights at 11/12

• Haha 1