PATTAYA ACCOMODATION

duke007

If you look across from the office is it on the left side or right side of Blue House? There was a fairly new law office on the left side. There use to be a hotel on the right side that has been closed for a few years named My Thai. Perhaps it has been refurbished? BTW Blue House and Mosaik office are on Soi Day Night 2. Soi Day Night is the next Soi to the west where Dr. Olivier is located.

I noticed the last time I checked, and just rechecked, the Mosaik web site that they no longer seems to have a description/price of the budget apartments. Those were buildings D and E where DC and I stayed in the past. The studios weren't as fancy but bigger and more to my liking. Too bad if they are not renting those anymore.

My Thai:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9227937,100.8783491,3a,75y,55.03h,94.76t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s9gKsR_7uuzlj-3idYOR1eA!2e0 

Building D and E are/were above Le Bordeaux and the wine bar.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9227209,100.8782978,3a,60y,231.83h,96.18t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1stKOLMEB9MN1GxPuW2mpFnA!2e0

From the office it is the next building on the left side of Blue House. Nice and new but probably too small and claustrophobic if there are no windows. 

My Thai is still for sale. 32 rooms. 

Don't know the status of buildings D and E. I am in B block, 2nd floor on the front which I prefer. You should email Nong or Nop if you are looking for information that you can't get from their site. 

Nong Mosaik <info@mosaikpattaya.net>

Or I am happy to ask on your behalf.

Thanks but I have since moved on to a more central location. But I really did like that studio above Le Bordeaux and might go back someday. The house keeping arrangements aren't so good at Mosaik when one rents by the month unless you pay extra. If you want to use a floor standing fan you should get mine out of storage. :biggrin:

Time flies I guess. The law office I called new, that is now apparently a hotel, was redone in the winter of 2007-2008 at the same time they started the fancy building F in the back. There was construction noise in the front and back.

• 3 months later...

Was thinking of maybe doing a monthly rental next time as its way cheaper, but I think I remember reading somewhere (on LBR I believe ) that a guy was told he couldn't do a monthly rental if he was only staying 3 weeks even though he agreed to pay the whole monthly rate, does that sound right, makes no sense to me , is that common ?

Was thinking of maybe doing a monthly rental next time as its way cheaper, but I think I remember reading somewhere (on LBR I believe ) that a guy was told he couldn't do a monthly rental if he was only staying 3 weeks even though he agreed to pay the whole monthly rate, does that sound right, makes no sense to me , is that common ?

Right as Trenton says, don't expect a refund, but you most certainly book and pay for a month and leave anytime you you please.

Monthly rates rarely include electric and water.  I think that's good though since I don't use much AC.

There are also some places where the monthly rate does not include room, sheet, and towel cleaning.

No I would never expect a refund or to be pro-rated because its still a way better deal, I just thought they might not rent to you if you leave early even if you pay full amount , at least that's what I thought happened to other guy

Just check in and say you're staying a month and leave when you want GT.   :biggrin:

But if you know you are only staying for 2-3 weeks a better option might be dealing with a realtor named Patrice.

He takes the monthly rate divides by 30 and multiplies the number of days you stay.  Plus water, electric, cleaning if u want, and a mandatory final clean.'

He has plenty of units in Yensabai, VCC, UCC, and My View Condos.  Lots of rooms in low season.  But tough to book during peak season.

OK maybe another dumb question but is maid service common in these montly places ?

it varies.

if the place caters to most daily residents then it's likely that daily maid service is included.

at most Condos it is not included but available for a fee.

other places maybe twice a week or every other day.

If a guy lives here full time, he probably doesn't need daily cleaning.

But if you are having daily sex then you might want clean sheets.

Questions to ask when renting by the month:

1) what's the price?

2) what's the electric charge per unit?

3) what's the water charge

4) are there charges for internet?   I like to try out the internet before moving in and paying money.

5) are their joiner fees? joiner fees for threesomes? is there an ID check

6) how often is free maid service?  what's the charge for cleaning?

7) is there a security deposit required?

8) is a month a calendar month or 30 days?

9) is brekkie included

10) is their a pool

During low season I think it's a bad idea to decide in advance and pay for a month upfront.

Instead, find a cheap daily rental and then look at the places that are on your list.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone stayed at mind serviced apartments?

any other suggestions in that area close to 6/1

Hey RR, I haven't stayed at Mind but t looks good.  If you do book it on Agoda we'd sure appreciate it if you use our Agoda links on Asia Hotel and Travel.

Soi 6/1, that's the belly of the beast!     :biggrin:

The Nelson is budget accommodation right there.   More upscale is the Centara which is near Mind but closer to Soi 6/1.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
59 minutes ago, globetrotter said:

700 sounds like a bargain depending on how many floors above the  bar  room noise  they are 

Jimbo also added this 

IMG_20191027_232940.jpgTbh, it would not be my bag to stay in digs above a ladyboy bar unless it was only for a day or two... discreet entrance or not.... could cause hassle if one is a 'butterfly' imho:bling:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Jimbo also added this 

IMG_20191027_232940.jpgTbh, it would not be my bag to stay in digs above a ladyboy bar unless it was only for a day or two... discreet entrance or not.... could cause hassle if one is a 'butterfly' imho:bling:

Good point, deal breaker for me as well and why I never have and never will

• Like 1