Jomtien & Koh Larn

outsider

I will be in Thailand in February and my sister & her family is also passing through. Was thinking of staying in Jomtien since I want to avoid the PTY scene with family around. I haven't been to PTY since 2019 (like most) and Jomtien since 2005-6, so I don't remember much about Jomtien, but it seems like easier to get to than Hua Hin and likely similar beach, etc. Aside from mongering, what else is there to enjoy in Jomtien? Any recs on where to stay?

Also, never been to Koh Lan, is it worth the trip out? Are the beaches better than PTY or Jomtien?

• Like 2

I find Koh Larn is worth the trip.

Accommodation is not 4 or 5 star for sure, but adequate. You can get there by ferry or speedboat.

The beaches on the Ocean Side are very good. Warm water and nice sand. The local baht buses will take you there.

Mind you having company such as that in the photo made the trip all that much better!!!.

20191125_191029.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, outsider said:

I don't remember much about Jomtien, but it seems like easier to get to than Hua Hin and likely similar beach, etc. Aside from mongering, what else is there to enjoy in Jomtien? 

Also, never been to Koh Lan, is it worth the trip out? Are the beaches better than PTY or Jomtien?

Jomtien is 5 minutes away from Pattaya by baht bus.  

From Suvarnabhumi Airport there is a bus going to Jomtien for 143 baht or a taxi booked in advance will cost 1000 baht.

Don't know how old your sister's family is but there is a waterpark on Dongtan Beach in Jomtien.  There are many attractions and day trips offered by tourist agencies that offer touristy things but I've never done any of them. 

Koh Larn is better than ever due to the absence of the big Chinese tour groups so those considering Koh Larn should do it soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Jomtien is 5 minutes away from Pattaya by baht bus.  

From Suvarnabhumi Airport there is a bus going to Jomtien for 143 baht or a taxi booked in advance will cost 1000 baht.

Don't know how old your sister's family is but there is a waterpark on Dongtan Beach in Jomtien.  There are many attractions and day trips offered by tourist agencies that offer touristy things but I've never done any of them. 

Koh Larn is better than ever due to the absence of the big Chinese tour groups so those considering Koh Larn should do it soon.

China is opening up in January, so a bit nervous about those crowds.

• Like 2