Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of 2022

The designation of Thailand’s TOP Ladyboy Bars is by now a tradition our sissy mongers' community has come to rely solely upon me (Rom) to perform every year whether in recognition of my knowledge and judgement on all things ladyboy or because no one else bothers to do it.  So here I am again and this time I am pleased to inform that, after the covid years of 2020-21 when I could not travel to TH and picked the top bars from what I saw in this board and in the one alternatively known as PY, my 2022 picks are again based on personal observation of BKK and Pattaya bars I visited during the year.  I also continued to monitor what got posted on the bar threads and TRs here and at PY.  So without further ado, Thailand’s TOP 10 Bars of 2022 were:

#10 Emmy’s Bar, Jomtien  With only the owner and another sissy on site for most of 2022, Emmy's was not a contender for Top Bar anywhere… but as long as it stands for LBR like Mecca stands for Islam it earns its place in the TOP 10 even if just barely.  And yes! I visited there in 2022 and got lucky.  Twofold!

#9  TJ Music Bar, Naklua  TJ relocated yet again in 2022 and is a shadow of its former Lily-era self, but like Emmy’s it gets in the TOP 10 on the charisma of its owner (M) and popularity here at LBR ... PLUS on the merit that it is coed with sissies and GGs who told me they can be barfined together.  I did not have a chance to check.

#8 Cindy’s Secret, soi 7 BKK   Another Cindy bar with only 3 or 4 non-exciting sissies around when I went there but seeing Cindy herself was exciting enough to have gone there.  It earns its place on the TOP 10 because it also serves as a hook-up stop for freelancers including the gorgeous one on my cross hairs I call “Miss Congeniality.”

#7 Cockatoo,  Soi Cowboy BKK  These days a ladyboy gogo bar with more than 10 sissies on stage is becoming a rarity.  I saw upwards of that when I went to Cockatoo and they were all attractive ones.  The drink and barfine prices were reasonable by Soi Cowboy GG bar standards.

#6 Pook Bar 2, Soi Buakhaow Pattaya  Pook 2 ranks this high only on account of working there the Pattaya sissy I consider to be the new Lily (formerly TJ's).  The name is Annie and I hope I get to know her as intimately and as often as I did Lily. 

#5 Why Not, soi 4 BKK  Possibly Thailand's sissy bar with the nicest premises and best dressed sissies, one of whom I grew very fond of.  There were several others worthy of my or anyone’s attention .

#4 Katoeys 'Are' Us, Walking Street Pattaya  KRUs  remains in a Pattaya league of its own as far as sissies quality and quantity.  If it is not ranked higher it’s only because it did not quite generate the interest of seasoned punters as much as other bars did in 2022.

#3 Obsession, Nana Plaza BKK   I only had one drink in there but that was enough to see it had more ladyboys and cuter ones than any other TH bar I stepped into during 2022.  Which probably has to do with it being the only ladyboy bar now allowed by the new NEP management and so it had the choice of all the best ladyboys working in the other 4 pre-COVID sissy bars that were closed.  If I had partied and barfined there, Obsession might have ranked higher.  It was also pricier than all the other BKK and non-BKK bars I surveyed.

#2 Check-In Bar, soi 10 alley BKK  I did party there in 2022 and it remained as well staffed and fun as it did in 2021 when it won Thailand’s Ladyboy Bar of the Year.  Would have won again this year were it not for the emergence of another bar that stole the spotlight.

#1 Delirious Bar, soi Chayapoon Patttaya This labor of love bar became in 2022 the epicenter of the ladyboy world along with soi Chayapoon becoming the epicenter of mongering in Pattaya.  Nowhere else did I see so many seasoned ladyboy mongers night after night having so much fun despite outnumbering the ladyboys who were enough to handle us all.   2 of them are top of the charts: Mona and Beauty and I became closely acquainted with the latter.  The whiskey choice is also top of the charts for those who can tell single malts from blends.   Well done Herbert and Som: your hard work is paying off!  If you see this post feel free to print the image below and show it to your ladyboys and patrons who were also very much part of Delirious's success.

1884811461_LadyboyBarsoftheYear2022post.png.15856f3740eaa2ecb4d2fd4d02a3e0c2.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Rom

I know we all have opinions. Like assholes, we all have one!.

But to leave out Fantasy Lounge and have such deadbeat places, (as of now) TJ's, Pook Bar 2, Cockatoo etc is beyond reason.

It took me many nights of observation; many hours of collecting my memories and thoughts; and 2 or 3 hours in front of the screen to draft the OP above and compose the accompanying image.

And then with a 30 second post (if that) I am reduced to "beyond reason."

[ siiighhh ... This is why I don't do the Hitler videos anymore... ]

A more constructive way for the critical BM above to follow up would have been to post explicitly saying WHY he thinks Fantasy Lounge should be on the TOP 10 list.  Just him saying "Fantasy Lounge" is NOT a reason to be on the TOP 10 list.  Everyone can see I went to the trouble of succinctly writing down the major reasons for my selections.  You would think that if a BM wants to challenge my choices he would likewise give reasons.  Not just post the name of the bar he likes.

So going forward on this thread, I expect BMs to disagree with my choices (as I would probably disagree with theirs if they expressed them) and I ENCOURAGE THEM to express their disagreements factually with the reasons why they think their favorite bars are top choices.  They can also dispute my choices by saying why they did not like a bar I liked.  Not just by calling it a "deadbeat place" and not give the slightest clue why.  For example: "I went to bar X that Rom ranked as #N in his TOP10 and they padded my bill"  or "all the ladyboys at bar Y that Rom ranked as #N+1 are over 30."

To just post a bar name, say "opinions are like assholes" (indirectly calling me one) and explicitly calling me "beyond reason" is beyond deplorable. 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, Rom said:

It took me many nights of observation; many hours of collecting my memories and thoughts; and 2 or 3 hours in front of the screen to draft the OP above and compose the accompanying image.

And then with a 30 second post (if that) I am reduced to "beyond reason."

[ siiighhh ... This is why I don't do the Hitler videos anymore... ]

A more constructive way for the critical BM above to follow up would have been to post explicitly saying WHY he thinks Fantasy Lounge should be on the TOP 10 list.  Just him saying "Fantasy Lounge" is NOT a reason to be on the TOP 10 list.  Everyone can see I went to the trouble of succinctly writing down the major reasons for my selections.  You would think that if a BM wants to challenge my choices he would likewise give reasons.  Not just post the name of the bar he likes.

So going forward on this thread, I expect BMs to disagree with my choices (as I would probably disagree with theirs if they expressed them) and I ENCOURAGE THEM to express their disagreements factually with the reasons why they think their favorite bars are top choices.  They can also dispute my choices by saying why they did not like a bar I liked.  Not just by calling it a "deadbeat place" and not give the slightest clue why.  For example: "I went to bar X that Rom ranked as #N in his TOP10 and they padded my bill"  or "all the ladyboys at bar Y that Rom ranked as #N+1 are over 30."

To just post a bar name, say "opinions are like assholes" (indirectly calling me one) and explicitly calling me "beyond reason" is beyond deplorable. 

God you are in a delicate state!.

Great that you take the time to make up the list. I was simply disagreeing with it. If you want me to spell it out, here goes. Our views are coloured by our experiences. For example my one and only visit to Obsessions was a disaster. Took two that looked ok but were just fraudsters in how they acted in the room. Never again!.

TJ's is not a shadow of what it was. It has lost all the girls that made it one of the top bars in my opinion. Maybe does not count as much as yours!. Just look at the photo at the top of the Home page of the girls on the beach. Taken precovid.

Pook 2 Well ok leave it there.

As for Cockatoo. You would struggle to find anyone to second your opinion. In my opinion one of the worst bars of its type. I must admit I only visited once. It was one time too many. You only have to read the comments made about it to see where it stands.

Could only agree with Delirious. Herbert has made it one of the best. His contribution helping in no small way. It is up there near CIB but not to the pinnacle. How June gets those girls is beyong belief.

I hope this soothes thy beaten brow?.

ps the arsehole comment is one used widely. Nothing personal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Well done Delirious Bar winning the prestigious Ladyboy Bar of the Year award!

For sure, even though it is only Rom's opinion that counts, not say a vote expressed by 50 or a hundred forum members.

I did forget to offer my opinion as to why I think Fantasy Lounge should be on the list.

It has 5 or 6 lbs that would fit into ANY bar. One factor that in MY opinion maybe counts against it is that it does not seem to have a controlling figure in the bar. No June, or Herbert for example. How it works like that I do not know.

One thing that always messed up my BM consultations for Romscar "Best of the Year" awards is that many BMs would vote based on their lifetime impressions, not on what happened exclusively during the most recent year.  For example: at PY it was impossible for Jimbo NOT to win the BM vote for Bar Owner of the Year because he was so popular and many BMs wanted to be seen voting for him.   Even if he did not accomplish anything remarkable that year other than just continuing to sit there smoking cigarettes and bromancing old dudes like only he knows how to.  But that was the price the Romscars had to pay for having a modicum of peer representativeness of 20-30 PY BMs voting.   I tried it here at LBR and did not get more than 2 or 3.  So yes: it's my opinion and only my opinion that counts now, but others can voice theirs accordingly and of course they can do their own TOP 10 lists here or elsewhere.

All this to say that I am not going to award this year (2022) any BM-applicable Romscars (like BM of the Year,  Mod of the Year, TR of the Year, Photographer of the Year) because nobody here gives a damn or some are outright against it.  I believe I had ahead of time and on a whim awarded BM Twest Newbie BM of the Year, so I stand by that one even though the guy hasnt been heard since.  I was thinking of awarding BM Loverboy25 the coveted BM of the Year Romscar backed by a TR of the Year Romscar, but he never finished said TR.  I could award Bumblebee the Photographer of the Year Romscar, but there was no competition.  There never is.  There is of course BM cinederose with huge potential, but his contributions although excellent were only recent and not representative of a whole year.  If he keeps them up, he will likely win next year.

I will however award an unprecedented Romscar for Missing BM of the Year to BM seven who suddenly stopped posting and visiting the Board last September. It followed some scuffling with another BM so I hope he is just pissed off and that he is OK.  I also hope he reads this and comes back because this is a small Board and we can use someone who posts regularly and broadly like he used to.

Finally, I am going to award the Romscar for Ladyboy of the Year which for the 1st time ever will be ex-aequo and the winners are:

Mona of Delirious Bar who spearheaded the sissy team behind the 2022 Ladyboy Bar of the Year.

and 

Annie of Pook 2 who I consider "the new Lily" and am surprised she has not likewise exploded into fame on the ladyboy boards.  But like Lily, she is already in non-stop barfine mode and you don't get to see her at Pook for very long before she is scooted away on a bike.

I would like to disclose that I did NOT fuck either Mona or Annie during 2022 (although I was with Mona pre-covid when she worked at the Chayapoon massage joint) and that I plan to do so on my upcoming trip.

And with the 2 photos below of the Romscar Ladyboys of the Year, I hereby conclude the 2022 edition of the Romscars and off to Asia.  Thanks for watching,

Rom

309841101_1005346820274201_6074160740648863203_n.jpg.a199cec6f8252c1044664882432a82c7.jpg

Annie1.jpg.61767c709e21921e0d384255ce681c1f.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rom said:

Mona of Delirious Bar who spearheaded the sissy team behind the 2022 Ladyboy Bar of the Year.

and 

Annie of Pook 2 who I consider "the new Lily" and am surprised she has not likewise exploded into fame on the ladyboy boards.  But like Lily, she is already in non-stop barfine demand and you don't get to see her at Pook for very long before she is scooted away in a bike.

Two excellent choices Rom!

I think the all natural surgery free Poy has the coveted pole position for 2023 though!

280373FC-A017-4F2F-91AC-1360647ABECA.jpeg.6d72751202f96886d49f11d8a9ae7cea.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Two excellent choices Rom!

I think the all natural surgery free Poy has the coveted pole position for 2023 though!

280373FC-A017-4F2F-91AC-1360647ABECA.jpeg.6d72751202f96886d49f11d8a9ae7cea.jpeg

Damn it!!!  Will you guys stop with all these postings of Poy pics?  I'm looking out my window now at the patch of frozen tundra that used to be my backyard, stuck half-way around the world from Poy et al.  It's a slow death for a LB monger...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

You know I still cant figure out when you guys are just badgering each other or are ready for a real donniebrook....

Zeppie. It is that some here have thin skins.

While I am at it. Likes etc are a bone of contention. Some BMs here and on other forums have a cheer squad. They might say that the sky is blue and they get 5 likes!. Makes the like totals look just nonsense. Haha, showing my thin skin!..:rolleye0012:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rom said:

Annie of Pook 2 who I consider "the new Lily" and am surprised she has not likewise exploded into fame on the ladyboy boards.  But like Lily, she is already in non-stop barfine demand and you don't get to see her at Pook for very long before she is scooted away in a bike.

Heard she has a twin sister who also works there but not verified.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Not sure how you got that idea, @Rom, but I think @bumblebee deserves some Romscar recognition for his photography, at least for the below shot. 

You misquoted me Sylvester.  Read below what I had written that more applicably addressed the Bumblebee conundrum.   Besides, Bumblebee already got a Photographer Romscar in 2019.  It would get awkward if I gave it to him every year without LBR competition.  And it would be even more awkward if I pitted him against PY competitors.   If he keeps doing his photo-taking thing with such excellence, the next stop could be the Hall of Legends ...

palmy.jpeg.fb1405ba67512bcbbdee39c7721487e5.jpeg.efbbfc94758eee693d91d07a56663fdb.jpegWho is the sissy in the Bumblebee shot you posted?  As a best practice rule, never assume readers know.  Spell it out:  name, date pic taken, and where he can/could be found.

Same goes to the Poy sissy hottie pasted above.  Where can he be found?

(wait: ... is it Poy on both pics? )

On 12/27/2022 at 11:41 AM, Rom said:

I could award Bumblebee the Photographer of the Year Romscar, but there was no competition.  There never is.

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Heard [ Pook 2 Bar's sizzling hot sissy Annie ] has a twin sister who also works there but not verified.

Unless there is at Pook 2 bar a second set of twins that Annie is one of, the Pook 2 Bar twins I know are these cuties:

Don't know their respective names and if they still work there.

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year BMs one and all.

Rom

IMG-20221228-WA0001.jpg.1011b3bc07408341961bf5fed032064b.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rom said:

Unless there is at Pook 2 bar a second set of twins that Annie is one of, the Pook 2 Bar twins I know are these cuties:

Don't know their respective names and if they still work there.

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year BMs one and all

Just one set of twins. Thanks for clearing that up Rom.

Poy freelances at Rompho. We found her at Ray Bar on Christmas Eve and nearby on Christmas night. Lots of Poy pics in the Jomtien Watch thread:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/5074-jomtien-watch/&do=findComment&comment=226864&_rid=7348

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rom said:

Who is the sissy in the Bumblebee shot you posted?  As a best practice rule, never assume readers know.  Spell it out:  name, date pic taken, and where he can/could be found.

Her name is Palmy and she can be found at Delirious Bar.

I don't recall date the pic was taken FFS. I don't expect @bumblebee will remember the date either. :happy0148: