Thailand’s TOP Ladyboy Bars of the Year 1998-2015

Whether anyone thinks I am representative or not of our ladyboy mongers community, the tradition of me (and only me) every year picking THEE Ladyboy Bar of the Year started haphazardly at that other Board where at first I would just casually post in a bar’s thread congratulating them for being what I thought was the best bar in Pattaya or Thailand at that time or because they were newly opened bars that brought something special to the scene.  Only starting in 2016 did I start picking ladyboy bars of the year as a deliberate annual endeavor staged through the “Hitler videos” first posted at (and all obliterated by) the other board and reposted here at the Romscars Club.  To recall, the winners were: Boomerang Twin (2016); New Bar (2017); TJ’s Music Bar (2018 and 2019); Sweethearts (2020); and Check-In Bar (2021).

This thread is for recalling the best ladyboy bars of the year that I had picked or would have picked prior to 2016.  I am doing so out of a sense of duty for historic documentation and of nostalgia. So here goes:

Thailand’s TOP Ladyboy Bars of the Year 1998-2015:

2015  Katoeys ‘Are’ Us, Pattaya  As soon as it opened that year it was clear that finally Pattaya had a ladyboy gogo worthy of the GOGO attribution at the same level as the best GG gogo bars in town. And the prices were not so steep at first.

2014  Baby Boom Agogo, Pattaya  Still in the original location but already handjobs and blowjobs on the couches had become the house staple; I like to think it was me who pioneered such shenanigans but, even if I was, other mongers quickly got the hang of it.

2013  Sensations Pattaya,  I remember posting at the other board that one night I counted 30+ ladyboys there and packed rows of farangs and that I was in awe of such never before seen sissy-mongers concentrations, especially at a run of the mill outdoor bar plaza slot.   That was about the time Scott and Paeng had been cast on the Sky TV show and Scott could count on a legion of groupies to pack Sensations.

2012  Cocktails & Dreams Patong Beach  As much as we all missed Nick Jackson after he tragically died, somehow Jimbo was able to make it even more popular through his bromancing in person and on the ladyboy boards.  Mongers flocked to Phuket in unprecedented numbers not so much for the ladyboys, but for Jimbo.

Prior to 2012, I did not post much at ladyboy Boards, so I did not post (or mentally picked) any TOP bars of the year.  But I would like to now retroactively do it based on what I recall I felt at the time:

2011  Famous Bar, soi VC Pattaya   After the crack down on Sunee many of the femboys moved up the street to Famous and while it lasted it was the connoisseur’s choice.  With the last gasps of Sunee, it too eventually closed and Lita reopened it elsewhere as the Lita bar.

2010  The Pook bars, soi 6 and soi Buakhao Pattaya   The soi 6 one had been open for years as a GG bar and started hiring ladyboys and then another all-ladyboys one opened on Soi Buakhao in what was to become the new ladyboy frontier.

2009  EZY Bar, Pattaya  Lita has spun several sissy joints and this was the best of the lot.  Great vibe and unusually friendly sissies including among themselves; should have hung out there more often while it lasted…

2008  Stringfellows Agogo,  Pattaya  Stringfellows was already allowing in the 2000s what Baby Boom became famous for in the 2010s.  Solid line-up of internet-featured staff to plan in advance or to relive afterwards.

2007  Minou bar (+ the 2 or 3 other associated Sunee Plaza gay bars owned by same the French guy) soi VC Pattaya.  Pristine femboys galore.  And better not elaborate on that because all those bars had been shut down for good when I came back the following year.

2006  Guess Bar at its soi 1 original BKK location   Ladyboy owned and operated, the feminine touch and staff motivation showed in the premises and in the hospitality.  Best short time rooms and rates I can remember.

2005  Cascade NEP BKK  At its peak with internet stars like Areeya, Noon, Cindy (very young), Nadia, Helen. Never in the history of ladyboy bars was there such a concentration of quality and quantity.  More than Excellent ! Glorious !  Magnificent !

2004  Obsessions Club (Penthouse Hotel), Pattaya   Notwithstanding the bill padding, the joint operating of a ladyboy bar with a GG one on 2 stages 5 meters across from each other was gutsy and groundbreaking.  As far as the ladyboys, the turnover was high which meant that many of the superstars passed there.  

2003  High Boss, soi 6 Pattaya   Thai-owned and operated, it opened in 2002 to become THEE Pattaya gateway for so many fresh-off-Issaan sissies who would become the internet stars of the 2000-2010s glory days.  If I was not so unbiased and inclusive, I would give Bar of the Year to High Boss for the rest of the 2000s.  Definitely Rom's favorite bar ever.

2002  Obsession Nana Plaza, BKK   I remember them making such a contrast with Casanova with their much younger and cuter ladyboys in numbers never before seen.  It was the herald of a golden age of ladyboys.

2001  King's Castle 3 Patpong BKK   First bar in Patpong with more ladyboys on staff than GGs.  With time it became all ladyboy bar with bona fide schlongs because if they got the chop they would be transferred over to King’s Corner.

2000  Casanova Nana Plaza, BKK   It was the only ALL ladyboy bar in BKK up until then and the first brush with ladyboyness for so many of us self-professed GG mongers who would become mostly or full time sissy mongers in subsequent trips.

1999  Limaquai (?or something like that?) soi Diamond Patttaya (where KrUs is now)   Only enclosed ALL ladyboy bar in Pattaya at the time  (there was Linda but it was open to the street).  The ladyboys would sometimes dance on a mini-stage but mostly it was about taking them right upstairs.  I did not realize it at the time, but it deserved bar of the year because it was the precursor to the many Pattaya sissy bars that popped in the 2000s.  Until then Pattaya ladyboys were all freelancers on the move or oddities in the GG beer bars.

1998  Linda Star Bar (and? Jenny Star bar if it was around in 1998?; can never remember which one is which but they are the same concept).  Freelancers on the move stop by these 2 sissy stops with Jenny right under the Marine disco where sooner or later a drunk farang would leave alone and would give a sissy a try.  Linda was around longer further down Walking Street and it had mostly elderly, scary-looking thieving bunch of sissies but those were precisely the ones who first made many of us wonder if we were gay as we passed by and hurried our step.

That’s it.  Coming up the 2022 Thailand Ladyboy Bar of the Year.  I think this year the choice is obvious and I have made my pick.  Does anyone else have a suggestion?   Please speak now or forever hold your peace.

616253964_LadyboyBarsoftheYearLIST.png.9aa01a24497e86d39d91cb2d455a854b.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rom said:

Does anyone else have a suggestion?   Please speak now or forever hold your peace.

I am a devoted fan of Katoeys 'R' Us, and think Jan and Noel are cool dudes, but another bar on Soi Pothole, whose name begins with "D" and ends with "s" seems to be the obvious choice. Herbert (and Som) got a good thing going, and they know what they are doing. 

• Like 3

Wow, this list does bring back memories.  Some of these bars I never really understood the appeal, though.  Not naming names - to each their own.  

But, I agree on Check Inn Bar.  There needs to be a retrospective on CIB in all its incarnations.  They all had their charms.  I believe there have been three - it started as an alco cart on Sukhumvit near Nana, then in a little alley between sois 5 and 7 (said alley is not there anymore I think?), and then its current location (or maybe there have been two current locations since the alley location?).

Oh, and Litas circa early 20teens.  Remember those tall booths where you could get down to, as we would say in high school, some heavy petting?  And the stairs to the short-time rooms upstairs.  They were right behind that little bar, so when you came back downstairs there were half a dozen patrons staring at you!  lol

And, yes, Cascades in its pre-Charades incarnation.  That weird Flintsones decor and horribly loud music and mamasan always wanting her lady drink.  Yep, Nana Plaza at its best!

• Like 4

I also have to second on Fantasy Lounge... some real sexy Laotian misfits there that are too wild to work at a KrUs.

The Lounges in BKK are favorites as well. I second the nomination of CIB.... it's an institution....and at times features the hottest LB hookers in Thailand.

Why Not also a lot of fun.

Obsessions Nana has to be my all time favorite. Everytime I go it's quality...good behavior....fun times and great stories. Never had a bad time there.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, Hard1 said:

Check In - Bangkok

On 12/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, Woodie said:

In BKK, CIB takes it hands down. The best anywhere.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, The-Sith said:

The Lounges in BKK are favorites as well. I second the nomination of CIB.... it's an institution....and at times features the hottest LB hookers in Thailand.

It cannot be disputed that CIB has mighty hot talent, arguably the best in BKK.

I have never been a big fan of it, though.

The venue / space of CIB is awful. The low ceilings drive me nuts. I always feel cramped and uncomfortable in there.

And then there is the 'buy me drink' pressure. Horrible there. I haven't been in CIB since 2019, but I was told during my time in Patts recently, by a frequent visitor of CIB, that the 'buy me drink' pressure/pestering is still there, and worse.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 3:28 AM, Rom said:

Coming up the 2022 Thailand Ladyboy Bar of the Year.  I think this year the choice is obvious and I have made my pick.  Does anyone else have a suggestion?   Please speak now or forever hold your peace.

I suspect that your pick is Delirious.  They have really upped their game with the addition of numerous sexy ladyboys.  Love the atmosphere of the bar and the Soi Pothole vibe which reminds me of Victory Hill in Sihanoukville in the good old days.

Talking of the good old days, two of my all time favorite bars, EZY Bar and Famous Bar are on your list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Club 13/1 deserves a mention for 2007.  Franck’s almost daily pictorial reports from the place and the unfolding dramas was what attracted many guys down to Pattaya.  As one later to be veteran said to me “I was following his thread (Franck’s) and couldn’t  believe what was going on.  I had to come to Pattaya to see for myself, and fuck it was exactly as he portrayed it and suddenly I was a part of it also”.

Also honourable mention to Triple X around this time, that place was straight out of a Mad Max movie.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sylvester said:

It cannot be disputed that CIB has mighty hot talent, arguably the best in BKK.

I have never been a big fan of it, though.

The venue / space of CIB is awful. The low ceilings drive me nuts. I always feel cramped and uncomfortable in there.

And then there is the 'buy me drink' pressure. Horrible there. I haven't been in CIB since 2019, but I was told during my time in Patts recently, by a frequent visitor of CIB, that the 'buy me drink' pressure/pestering is still there, and worse.

yah..... plus there is some noxious burning rubber smell that sometimes wafts thru the joint.

But when you see some of the glorious talent they have...... my covid nostrills maybe able to overlook the stench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

based on this report....  for the next 20 years I predict the BKK LB Era will be divided into BC and AC..... there was the BEFORE COVID bars and now we will see what emerges during the After Covid Era.

scientists will be able to carbon date the jizz on the walls of these fine establishments pre-vaxed and post vaxed.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, The-Sith said:

But when you see some of the glorious talent they have.

Yes, if you go there with the intention of going with a certain girl, then find she is not there or already barfined, it does not matter a hoot as there are many more to choose from that are just as good. God knows how June does it.

I have written to her offering my services as the trial horse, but for some reason she has not replied!.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Woodie said:

Yes, if you go there with the intention of going with a certain girl, then find she is not there or already barfined, it does not matter a hoot as there are many more to choose from that are just as good. God knows how June does it.

I have written to her offering my services as the trial horse, but for some reason she has not replied!.

You have to pay extra for that. The Royale Tester.

Market Rate + 50%

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The-Sith said:

You have to pay extra for that. The Royale Tester.

Market Rate + 50%

No, you have the wrong idea. I had no intention of paying or she me. It was gratis free. I mean you might get a few duds but I would just put up with that.

• Haha 1

I'm also going to nominate Guess Bar 2.0 which was on Soi 4. I loved that place because it was the first time I experienced an LB lounge and the talent was off the muthafuckin charts!

Plus there is the famous story of Jean-Claude Van Damme coming in with some buddies during a movie shoot and taking LBs that had already been taken and bar fine paid off the arms of some of the regular mongers.... I think sexy Moo was one of his selections. The poor lad reported it next day on AsianTS Forum.

So many superstars at Guess (I don't think I ever went to the 1.0 version on Soi 1 that Rom accoladed). I remember incredible nights with Jenny (a monger favorite with a good size cock) and her friends.

They don't build LB babes like that anymore.

Pictures from their FB site (Jenny in white earings and black pants):

SmartSelect_20221225_200748_Chrome.jpg.7fd8f7ca674a0befcb84a47788b108b9.jpg

SmartSelect_20221225_200808_Chrome.jpg.c6698db90bafdcd62d092bdcb4c23f03.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, The-Sith said:

I'm also going to nominate Guess Bar 2.0 which was on Soi 4. I loved that place because it was the first time I experienced an LB lounge and the talent was off the muthafuckin charts!

Plus there is the famous story of Jean-Claude Van Damme coming in with some buddies during a movie shoot and taking LBs that had already been taken and bar fine paid off the arms of some of the regular mongers.... I think sexy Moo was one of his selections. The poor lad reported it next day on AsianTS Forum.

So many superstars at Guess (I don't think I ever went to the 1.0 version on Soi 1 that Rom accoladed). I remember incredible nights with Jenny (a monger favorite with a good size cock) and her friends.

They don't build LB babes like that anymore.

Pictures from their FB site (Jenny in white earings and black pants):

SmartSelect_20221225_200748_Chrome.jpg.7fd8f7ca674a0befcb84a47788b108b9.jpg

SmartSelect_20221225_200808_Chrome.jpg.c6698db90bafdcd62d092bdcb4c23f03.jpg

They do look like a bunch that you would not want to short change!.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The-Sith said:

so here is a question for the OP and everyone else who was there.....

do you agree that the LBs back 15 years ago... like at Guess Bar.... were a better build than those LBs of today? I.e. more fun and hot?

and if you agree.... why do you think this is?

Good question!   I agree that we mongers look back with fond memories and that we had more fun back then.

But I don't think the ladyboys themselves were more fun.

For many of us sex with ladyboys was new and exciting circa 2007 but now we're jaded.  

Newbies, like blondes, have more fun.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Good question!   I agree that we mongers look back with fond memories and that we had more fun back then.

But I don't think the ladyboys themselves were more fun.

For many of us sex with ladyboys was new and exciting circa 2007 but now we're jaded.  

Newbies, like blondes, have more fun.  

Yes that's true.... the early days have a bias for most people.

But i havent found any "SuperStar" talent from a visual and vibe perspective in BKK over the past 7 years (obviously have to disregard my past 3 years of being away from BKK).

We all know the stars of the past 7 years versus 15 years ago....  can any girls today match up to Areeya, Lusi, Noon, Moo, Talisha, Jenny, etc.....?

I mean Job from CIB was super beautiful but she didn't have the wildness and durability of the girls mentioned above. And I can't name any others that can otherwise come close to the older batch of babes.

Maybe it's also because the top girls get sponsored earlier now that trans is more acceptable overseas.

what girl from the BKK bars in modern times is at the level of the girls 15 years ago? a/k/a the Golden Age of LB Mongering.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The-Sith said:

....  can any girls today match up to Areeya, Lusi, Noon, Moo, Talisha, Jenny, etc.....?

Hi The-Sith   Match up in terms of what?    Popularity?  Sexyness?  Gravitas perhaps ?

I can immediately think of TJ's/onlyfans Lily who beats all of those on all counts and is more of an internet star than even Areeya was with her own pay2view website.   Then we have other comparably popular contemporaries like Mona, Chalita, Donut, Paula, Beauty, your pick Sandy, my pick Pook's Annie etc etc.  I was in Obsession NEP last October and there were no fewer ladyboys or less attractive ones than there used to be in the early 2000s.  It's just that I did not know any of them and none of them knew me.  While in the "glory days" I would know all of them and they would be jumping off stage to mob me before I even set foot in the bar.

I am the one who is always hammering about "the glory days" being the early 2000s because that's back when the ladyboy scene was exploding with far more sissies coming on stream than there were mongers and the relatively few of us mongering felt like pioneers and rock stars.  That's also back when 90% of the bar sissies could be found in just a few bars:  Casanova, Obsession and Cascade at NEP; KC3 at Patpong; and Limmaquai, Linda and High Boss at Pattaya, which meant you could keep track of all the sissies all the time.   The rest of the bars you can think of did NOT exist and when more bars started to open that was the end of what I call "the glory days" but perhaps not what other BMs like to think of as "glory days" when they were introduced to ladyboys in second-generation bars like EZY, C&D and ... Guess Bar !!! which to me was a gathering of "old glories."   Cockatoo, Sensations, Baby Boom, KRUs, are 3rd generation bars and that's when (early 2010s) the ladyboy scene peaked in terms of numbers of bars and ladyboys, but the ratio ladyboys per monger was alredy going down.  Now I am afraid that ratio is approaching decimals (i.e. more mongers than sissies)...

Besides the increased competition from mass arrivals of mongers,  the mid-2000s were also a time of societal change in Thailand with the youths becoming less GFE and more business-oriented, to which contributed the generalization of cell phones.  That's about when I started negotiating LTs because prior to the late 2000s the ladyboy default was LTs.  The problem was getting rid of them in the morning...  

I agree that our own fond memories of younger more potent selves, and of the excitement of the first few trips to TH also bias our perception of what glory days should be...

Hope this helps

Rom

PS  -  The emergence of the ladyboy boards also contributed to the end of the glory days with the sharing of information that much eroded the insiders' edge of those of us early cumers... and it fueled the mass arrivals of more and more mongers and sexpats... and made ladyboys more self-aware of their branding and market potential...

PS2  -  I remember discussing this "glory days" concept with my friend Captain-Outrageous who has been into the ladyboy scene since way before even me and he agreed that  such "glory days" were the early 2000s.  Prior to the internet (1980s/90s) ladyboys were fewer and less dolled up and there was not much interest from foreigners.  By the end of the 2000s, the internet had changed everything and ladyboy mongers and sexpats were arriving in droves and the ladyboys could afford to ruin their looks and sex-change themselves with plastic surgeries... 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Rom said:

Hi The-Sith   Match up in terms of what?    Popularity?  Sexyness?  Gravitas perhaps ?

I can immediately think of TJ's/onlyfans Lily who beats all of those on all counts and is more of an internet star than even Areeya was with her own pay2view website.   Then we have other comparably popular contemporaries like Mona, Chalita, Donut, Paula, Beauty, your pick Sandy, my pick Pook's Annie etc etc.  I was in Obsession NEP last October and there were no fewer ladyboys or less attractive ones than there used to be in the early 2000s.  It's just that I did not know any of them and none of them knew me.  While in the "glory days" I would know all of them and they would be jumping off stage to mob me before I even set foot in the bar.

I am the one who is always hammering about "the glory days" being the early 2000s because that's back when the ladyboy scene was exploding with far more sissies coming on stream than there were mongers and the relatively few of us mongering felt like pioneers and rock stars.  That's also back when 90% of the bar sissies could be found in just a few bars:  Casanova, Obsession and Cascade at NEP; KC3 at Patpong; and Limmaquai, Linda and High Boss at Pattaya, which meant you could keep track of all the sissies all the time.   The rest of the bars you can think of did NOT exist and when more bars started to open that was the end of what I call "the glory days" but perhaps not what other BMs like to think of as "glory days" when they were introduced to ladyboys in second-generation bars like EZY, C&D and ... Guess Bar !!! which to me was a gathering of "old glories."   Cockatoo, Sensations, Baby Boom, KRUs, are 3rd generation bars and that's when (early 2010s) the ladyboy scene peaked in terms of numbers of bars and ladyboys, but the ratio ladyboys per monger was alredy going down.  Now I am afraid that ratio is approaching decimals (i.e. more mongers than sissies)...

Besides the increased competition from mass arrivals of mongers,  the mid-2000s were also a time of societal change in Thailand with the youths becoming less GFE and more business-oriented, to which contributed the generalization of cell phones.  That's about when I started negotiating LTs because prior to the late 2000s the ladyboy default was LTs.  The problem was getting rid of them in the morning...  

I agree that our own fond memories of younger more potent selves, and of the excitement of the first few trips to TH also bias our perception of what glory days should be...

Hope this helps

Rom

PS  -  The emergence of the ladyboy boards also contributed to the end of the glory days with the sharing of information that much eroded the insiders' edge of those of us early cumers... and it fueled the mass arrivals of more and more mongers and sexpats... and made ladyboys more self-aware of their branding and market potential...

PS2  -  I remember discussing this "glory days" concept with my friend Captain-Outrageous who has been into the ladyboy scene since way before even me and he agreed that  such "glory days" were the early 2000s.  Prior to the internet (1980s/90s) ladyboys were fewer and less dolled up and there was not much interest from foreigners.  By the end of the 2000s, the internet had changed everything and ladyboy mongers and sexpats were arriving in droves and the ladyboys could afford to ruin their looks and sex-change themselves with plastic surgeries... 

"Gravitas" is a suitable word..... the SuperStars during the Golden Years of LB action held more presence and were lots of fun. They looked feminine sexy.... but not at the expense of their wild 'boy energy'.

I think LBs these days can be more refined and look even more beautiful than the girls from 15 to 20 years ago............ but they don't seem to be as fun as the girls from before.

(Although a lot of guys say TJ's Lily is at that level..... ive never been with her so i cannot say first hand)

When LBs as a group get super popular and their demand is pervasive in a market....... they tend to lose their "low maintenance" fun factor. They tend to become.....as a group.....higher maintenance.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The-Sith said:

(Although a lot of guys say TJ's Lily is at that level..... ive never been with her so i cannot say first hand)

Oh, man, you've missed the train. I was fortunate enough to have been with her before the bolt-ons, no silicone, and before she was popular. She was absolute perfection back then.  

• Like 2