Transgenger disqualified from the Miss Universe Canada

bumblebee

It was the upper levels of the Miss Universe organization that gave the order to the Canadian branch to disqualify her. Donald Trump is not exactly the most liberal guy around. The Canadian group had her listed as one of 65 finalists, and it wasn't until 2 days later the order came from above to disqualify her.

Here are some photos I took of her from Miss International Queen 2010 - she was a favourite of my special lb panel.

pict8011_114.jpg

t_pict8031_200.jpg

pict8052_185.jpg

• Upvote 1

And anyone is surprised she was disqualified ,fuck sake them Cannuks must be totally naive or very mischievous as to me she is obviously a TG, surprise surprise the reaction of the old Combover kings organisation, be funny if she had got through to the late stages to see how they batted that one away.

I have to agree! How the fuck did she make it that far? Or maybe it's just marketing for the pageant itself. Any publicity is good publicity right?

• Upvote 1

Quite a few people have checked for the Miss Universe Canada rules and have said they couldn't find the statement "naturally born woman".

Here are the rules from Miss Universe China that have the statement:

Eligibility

To be eligible to be a contestant in the 2012 MISS UNIVERSE CHINA PAGEANT the applicant must:

•Be at least 18 years of age and under 27 years of age as of February 1, 2012.

•Be at least 1.65 meters tall (without shoes) and within an acceptable weight range.

•Be a citizen of People’s Republic of China or holding a Chinese passport.

•Be a naturally born female who is not, and has never been, married, nor had a marriage annulled. (If you become married during the Pageant or any subsequent duties you will automatically be dis qualified).

Having had a look at Miss Universe UK rules (which are online), they also do not have the "naturally born female" statement.

It looks like Miss Universe Canada did not know the main organization rules and were instructed by the Donald Trump's higher ups to disqualify her when they found out. It will be interesting to see if that is specified for future Miss Canada Universe contestants.

• Upvote 1

More to the story, the threat of a lawsuit by Jenna seems to rattle the Miss Universe organization. From CBC news April 4/2012

The Miss Universe Organization says it might reverse an earlier decision and allow a transgender Vancouver woman to enter the Miss Universe Canada pageant.

Jenna Talackova, 23, was born male, leading organizers to disqualify her last month as a finalist in the 61st Miss Universe Canada pageant in May.

The rules of the contest run by Donald Trump's New York City-based organization say entrants must be "naturally born" females. Talackova underwent a sex change four years ago.

But shortly after Talackova announced a news conference in Los Angeles with high-profile lawyer Gloria Allred for Tuesday, the New York-based Miss Universe Organization said in a statement on the Miss Universe Canada website that Talackova can compete "provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions."

The statement did not elaborate and messages seeking clarification from Miss Universe organizers were not immediately returned.

Vancouver constitutional lawyer Joe Arvay, who is on Talackova's legal team, told The Associated Press that Miss Universe Canada's latest statement about Canadian legal gender recognition requirements is "incomprehensible."

"I have no idea what they're talking about," he said.

Arvay said the pageant requirement for "natural born" females does not comply with Canadian human rights legislation and that a complaint will be filed with the Ontario Human Rights Commission.

"In the absence of clarity, we will be proceeding," Arvay said. "At the present time, it's gobbledygook."

Allred's office said its news conference is still proceeding as planned.

Transgender status no secret

The disqualification won Talackova widespread sympathy and raised the question of whether the pageant has the right to decide who is female.

Her change of gender was hardly a secret before the event because she had competed in the 2010 Tiffany Miss International Queen Competition for transgendered and transsexual women in Pattaya, Thailand. In a video interview for that pageant, she said she had lived her life as a female since age 4, began hormone therapy at 14 and changed sex at 19.

"I regard myself as a woman with a history," she said.

Connie McNaughton, Miss World Canada in 1984 and first runner-up for the world crown, had called the decision outdated and discriminatory. Prof. Patrizia Gentile of Ottawa's Carleton University, who did a dissertation on beauty pageants, equated the ban with the exclusion of blacks and Jews from pageants in earlier times.

From the conservative side of Canadian society, Gwen Landolt, national vice-president of REAL Women of Canada, said the pageant was simply being realistic in barring Talackova.

It will be interesting to see what develops.

• Upvote 1

Trump says transgender hopeful can enter pageant

By ROBERT JABLON

Associated Press

Canada's Miss Universe pageant said it would allow Jenna Talackova , a transgendered model, to compete in its pageant as long as Canada recognizes her gender as a woman. Talackova was previously disqualified, she said, because she used to be male.

LOS ANGELES —

Donald Trump wished a transgender woman who wants to be Miss Universe good luck on Tuesday as his organization said she can vie for Canada's spot in the pageant.

The Miss Universe Organization said it actually made the decision Monday to let 23-year-old Jenna Talackova compete in the 2012 competition to become Canada's contestant.

But a statement issued then had a caveat that confused Talackova, saying she could enter the pageant "provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions." No further details were provided.

Earlier Tuesday, Talackova and her attorney Gloria Allred urged the organization to clarify its position, and displayed a copy of Talackova's passport, which lists her as female, as do her birth certificate and driver's license.

Talackova, a Vancouver resident, underwent a sex change four years ago after being born a male.

Her sex change initially led organizers in Canada to disqualify her from the 61st Miss Universe Canada pageant in May, citing a rule that she must be "naturally born" a woman.

Talackova pleaded with the pageant's leaders to drop the rule.

"I am a woman," Talackova said Tuesday. "I was devastated and I felt that excluding me for the reason that they gave was unjust. I have never asked for any special consideration. I only wanted to compete."

Talackova and Allred urged Trump to state that she can vie to represent Canada in the Miss Universe contest if she wins the Canadian contest. They also called on him to eliminate the rule.

"I do not want any other woman to suffer the discrimination that I have endured," Talackova said.

In response, the pageant organizers issued a statement saying "Gloria Allred's statements to the press today pay no mind to the fact that Mr. Trump and the Miss Universe Organization made the fair and just decision in allowing Jenna to compete in the Miss Universe 2012 Canada pageant."

It also said it's evaluating its rules to ensure that type of issue does not occur again.

The statement said Trump wished Talackova "the best of luck in her quest for the crown" as he would any other contestant.

Allred did not respond immediately to a call and email seeking further comment after Trump issued the statement.

post-75-074568800 1333506070.jpg

Alot of things happening here!

First Trump may have an open mind.

or he may realize how this will grow the viewer ratings for this unprecedented event.

Or he may just think it's funny to see how far she will go! I mean all the judges know now, right?

Gloria Allred is the biggest, meanest, nastiest cunt in America. And she's a lawyer. I don't think that scares Trump. It's only money. And in the end Allred will get more ratings for the franchise, since she is so high profile.

Maybe Trump just deflected all the problems to Canada. Haha!

On the other hand:

"I am a woman," Talackova said Tuesday. "I was devastated and I felt that excluding me for the reason that they gave was unjust. I have never asked for any special consideration. I only wanted to compete."

"I do not want any other woman to suffer the discrimination that I have endured," Talackova said.

What a load of bullshit!

She's a fucking hippo-crate! She just competed in Miss International Queen pageant. Don't see any GGs there!

Of course she's just following Allred's advice now.

Just looking for that easy fucking paycheck! Lame!

:girl_devil:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...