Bangkok lb go go bar update

rxpharm

PG.......after reading your very informative and in-depth TR from VN, I made the determination that VN is off my list to visit.  I think I will keep to BKK, Pattaya and Philippines.  It's kind of a shame, since I wanted to do a 3 country tour.  Maybe Chiang Mai, will be the 3rd location.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, rxpharm said:

Update: Patpong is less than a mere shadow of its former self. More than 50% of the clubs are closed as well as the shops. About 1/2 of the street is blacked out with the closed shuttered clubs/shops. This also caused the night market to shrink and what remains is much less busy than before.

The old King's Corner (which was a mix of postop/gg's) located across from King's Garden is now split into King's Massage and King's Castle - with signs proudly stating 100% LADIES. I had a look through the door and that is likely true. No lbs in sight. I did spot a couple of lbs down a side soi parallel to Patpong - not sure what bar/club they were working at.

The former King's Corner 2 (which was directly behind King's Garden in the short side alley connecting the sois, is closed. Not even a sign of another business looking to set up there.

The remaining gg bars looked to be in dire straits with hardly any customers. If this continues it seems likely Patpong will be redeveloped into something else and the red light district will be lost.

I did check out Nana Plaza again. Obsession bar fines are 500 Baht, with 2500 Baht short time price for a lady. On the Saturday night I dropped in around 9:30 pm not many customers, only around 20-25% full. The gg bars were busy.

On the other hand Straps was packed out. I found out the bar fine there is 700 Baht, plus 3500 Baht short time for a lady - (using the NEP short time rooms). If you take her back to your hotel it is 4000  Baht short time. Again a lot of model types there. While you may not like postop lbs, it is a good place to check out the eye candy and remember that they were pre-op before. Head and shoulders more gorgeous than all the gg staff in the NEP gg bars.

I would have to say this does not look good for lb go go bars. It seems to me that the lounge bars and freelancers will be where most of the p4p lbs will be found in the future.

nice report @rxpharm

actually this trend started with ThaiFriendly and online activity. It eliminates the middle man but it also eliminates the chance to feel the girl out with a drink. The Lounges are better for the latter anyway.

Must be really tough on the LB girls over the past few years and now as things open, their employment platforms are gone.

There must be opportunities here to find new channels..... especially for the village girls fresh off the bus (FOBs).

Where do the LBs from the village go when they land in BKK?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The-Sith said:

Where do the LBs from the village go when they land in BKK?

I think they go where a friend is working. It could be a bar, restaurant, or massage.  i think everyone who comes down from upcountry has at least one contact who says the money is good and entices them to give it a go.  Quite often they will move in with a friend and split the rent. At least that's the way it works with massage ladies in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:34 PM, rxpharm said:

. She also informed me that DC10 was closed (I checked it twice, and while the lights were on there were no customers and no staff inside. She said some of the lbs in DC10 had a fight/major disagreement with the Nana Plaza owners and it was closed - probably now for sale/rent.

DC10 is open ...same old .. same old...no change here. Just need some fresh staff. its been open for 4 weeks now but i think the DC part of the sign has fell off so it may read "10 Bar" A Ship without a  Captain...thats what it seems like. Even TT Chang didnt know but he props the bar up in Obsessions now permanently( He is the official  LB ATM tip machine),

Check in Bar is easily the best now by a long shot as it was 3 years ago( now that Chlli Bar has gone)...anyway ill see what Soi Cowboy has tonight .

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Things have really picked up since my November 27, 2022 visit. Plenty more tourists about - I would estimate close to 80% of the pre-Covid 19 days. The composition of the tourists though are very different. Plenty of Russians, Asians (including Indian), and fewer "western" tourists. A lot of Africans are back in Thailand - not as tourists, but clearly looking to make money - including some African freelancing ladies.

DC10 is open again, and is a ladyboy bar - but it is in a sad state of affairs. I didn't enter, but just took a peak inside around 10:30 pm on Thursday night. No customers and around 5 lonely older looking lbs just sitting around the go go platform. I don't know how they can stay open much longer.

Obsessions is still going strong, with updated outdoor signage new neon signs. Very busy with plenty of Japanese, Chinese, Korean customers. A few more ladies about than last time, likely due to increased customer numbers.

Straps has changed name to "Star". I asked the reason why and I was told that a lot of customers online were saying it is a postop lb bar, which of course they deny. New signage and frontage has changed cosmetically.

There is a new postop ladyboy bar called Wonderland. Located in the old Temptations spot. They have around 20 postop lbs on staff, ranging from petite 155 cm - to around 175 cm tall staff. Some real beauties rivaling those in Star, but also some average looking lbs. I think they are operating under the same format as Star - claim the staff are all ladies.

The staff here were more lively, as I've heard the owner (a postop lb who used to work in Obsessions} - has different prizes weekly for those who have the best performance - free botox procedures, etc.

I dropped into Cindy's Secret - recommend you check her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Cindyssecrets

A nice small lounge bar with around 20 lbs on staff with occasional freelancers dropping in. Drinks are reasonably priced, much better than gogo bars (60 Baht for a softdrink vs 120 Baht in NEP/Soi Cowboy). The ladies will all surround you when you drop in, possibly due to a slow night, but there is no pressure. If you choose one to buy a ladydrink everyone will disperse quietly without the drama that can happen in some gogo bars. There are a range of lbs there from petite to tall, and from very beautiful to average.

Cindy is doing fine, and with the increased tourist numbers, the customer numbers are going up. I did not check the other lb lounge bars - Checkin Bar, Why Not, Chaos 9, and Why Not have Facebook pages that feature current staff photos.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Drinks are reasonably priced, much better than gogo bars (60 Baht for a softdrink vs 120 Baht in NEP/Soi Cowboy). The ladies will all surround you when you drop in, possibly due to a slow night, but there is no pressure. If you choose one to buy a ladydrink everyone will disperse quietly without the drama that can happen in some gogo bars. There are a range of lbs there from petite to tall, and from very beautiful to average.

Sounds like it's worth checking out!

15 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Things have really picked up since my November 27, 2022 visit. Plenty more tourists about - I would estimate close to 80% of the pre-Covid 19 days. The composition of the tourists though are very different. Plenty of Russians, Asians (including Indian), and fewer "western" tourists. A lot of Africans are back in Thailand - not as tourists, but clearly looking to make money - including some African freelancing ladies.

DC10 is open again, and is a ladyboy bar - but it is in a sad state of affairs. I didn't enter, but just took a peak inside around 10:30 pm on Thursday night. No customers and around 5 lonely older looking lbs just sitting around the go go platform. I don't know how they can stay open much longer.

Obsessions is still going strong, with updated outdoor signage new neon signs. Very busy with plenty of Japanese, Chinese, Korean customers. A few more ladies about than last time, likely due to increased customer numbers.

Straps has changed name to "Star". I asked the reason why and I was told that a lot of customers online were saying it is a postop lb bar, which of course they deny. New signage and frontage has changed cosmetically.

There is a new postop ladyboy bar called Wonderland. Located in the old Temptations spot. They have around 20 postop lbs on staff, ranging from petite 155 cm - to around 175 cm tall staff. Some real beauties rivaling those in Star, but also some average looking lbs. I think they are operating under the same format as Star - claim the staff are all ladies.

The staff here were more lively, as I've heard the owner (a postop lb who used to work in Obsessions} - has different prizes weekly for those who have the best performance - free botox procedures, etc.

I dropped into Cindy's Secret - recommend you check her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Cindyssecrets

A nice small lounge bar with around 20 lbs on staff with occasional freelancers dropping in. Drinks are reasonably priced, much better than gogo bars (60 Baht for a softdrink vs 120 Baht in NEP/Soi Cowboy). The ladies will all surround you when you drop in, possibly due to a slow night, but there is no pressure. If you choose one to buy a ladydrink everyone will disperse quietly without the drama that can happen in some gogo bars. There are a range of lbs there from petite to tall, and from very beautiful to average.

Cindy is doing fine, and with the increased tourist numbers, the customer numbers are going up. I did not check the other lb lounge bars - Checkin Bar, Why Not, Chaos 9, and Why Not have Facebook pages that feature current staff photos.

Thanks for putting such a detailed response together.
Good to see obsessions is still going strong.

Sounds like Cindys is worth a visit. If anybody is planning on being around in august a wingman for the bars would be most welcome 

When I visited Cindy's about 2 months ago, there were about 8-12 LBs working and 1 guy playing billiards with 2 and 1 other old guy that was sitting by himself. Once I came into the bar, they all kinda circled around me waiting for me to pick. It was kinda like going to a soapie with a "fishbowl", however all the girls could see you. I didn't really enjoy that process. I'd like to come in, find a seat, observe for a little and then decide instead of having 8 girls all looking at me with the "pick me" expression.

I did end up selecting 1 of the LBs, had a quick drink and went upstairs. Room & shower setup upstairs is very basic and shower is separate from bedroom.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, rxpharm said:

Update: Patpong is less than a mere shadow of its former self. More than 50% of the clubs are closed as well as the shops. About 1/2 of the street is blacked out with the closed shuttered clubs/shops. This also caused the night market to shrink and what remains is much less busy than before.

The old King's Corner (which was a mix of postop/gg's) located across from King's Garden is now split into King's Massage and King's Castle - with signs proudly stating 100% LADIES. I had a look through the door and that is likely true. No lbs in sight. I did spot a couple of lbs down a side soi parallel to Patpong - not sure what bar/club they were working at.

The former King's Corner 2 (which was directly behind King's Garden in the short side alley connecting the sois, is closed. Not even a sign of another business looking to set up there.

The remaining gg bars looked to be in dire straits with hardly any customers. If this continues it seems likely Patpong will be redeveloped into something else and the red light district will be lost.

I did check out Nana Plaza again. Obsession bar fines are 500 Baht, with 2500 Baht short time price for a lady. On the Saturday night I dropped in around 9:30 pm not many customers, only around 20-25% full. The gg bars were busy.

On the other hand Straps was packed out. I found out the bar fine there is 700 Baht, plus 3500 Baht short time for a lady - (using the NEP short time rooms). If you take her back to your hotel it is 4000  Baht short time. Again a lot of model types there. While you may not like postop lbs, it is a good place to check out the eye candy and remember that they were pre-op before. Head and shoulders more gorgeous than all the gg staff in the NEP gg bars.

I would have to say this does not look good for lb go go bars. It seems to me that the lounge bars and freelancers will be where most of the p4p lbs will be found in the future.

thanks for the report Rx.

The news....even if bad news....is better than No News.

It's clear that in just about every activity and every market that involves socialization (I.e. people getting together).... there is a paradigm shift in what's going on POST COVID.

Retail products are like this.

Office real estate like this.

Tourism like this.

And Ladyboy whoring is like this.

The smart and strong will adapt. So the task now is to find the new avenues for high quality.....yet affordable... Ladyboy poon. 

Straps is the best compendium of post op babes on the entire planet. So you are covered..... but for the inflation....which is pervasive no matter what industry. So everyone has to bite the inflationary bullet.

But pre-ops are somewhere else now...... the Salons? The Lounges? On the Internet? At the Universities and back home in their villages? At the music festivals and discos?

What's the next play here?

PLEASE BMs of LBR.... put your brilliant minds together and figure it out.

(I know what I have done which is dive deep into American and Western Trans..... but I hope to get back to our favorite country Thailand soon enuff because it will always be No. 1 in my heart).

• Like 3

On 5/2/2023 at 7:15 PM, rxpharm said:

There is a new postop ladyboy bar called Wonderland. Located in the old Temptations spot. They have around 20 postop lbs on staff

You must’ve been in hog heaven, rx! Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The-Sith said:

But pre-ops are somewhere else now...... the Salons? The Lounges? On the Internet? At the Universities and back home in their villages? At the music festivals and discos?

All of the above.  :biggrin:

Cosmetic counters have always been suggested as good place for PUA to find girls or ladyboys.

But i'd suggest that if money is not a big issue then ladyboy bars are the best bet for a Sith style sex experience.  They are all there because they are willing to have sex with farang.  For the price of a ladydrink you get to interview them.  

But I sense that you like a challenge and the feel of conquest.  The bars don't fill this need.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

All of the above.  :biggrin:

Cosmetic counters have always been suggested as good place for PUA to find girls or ladyboys.

But i'd suggest that if money is not a big issue then ladyboy bars are the best bet for a Sith style sex experience.  They are all there because they are willing to have sex with farang.  For the price of a ladydrink you get to interview them.  

But I sense that you like a challenge and the feel of conquest.  The bars don't fill this need.

Bars are perfect for me..... I like the opportunity to interview and see if there is chemistry over a drink.

I still think Obsessions and KRUs are the best places for LB action.

I do like to explore other avenues because I like GFE and the closer to the Amateur side of the spectrum the girl is... the more fun I have. I want it to be as "real" in terms of connection as possible. I love cosmetic counters and libraries and food courts too.

in Thailand the whores are professional and can deliver high quality GFE.....so long as you go LT with them.

So bars are great for me!

• Like 2