Jomtien to Pratumnak

Laawman

More of a question for those in the area, but is it possible to travel there by car/bike along the beach road section late at night? I'm only asking because I was under the impression that they closed the road to traffic after 10pm, but this could of course be out of date info.

2 hours ago, Laawman said:

More of a question for those in the area, but is it possible to travel there by car/bike along the beach road section late at night? I'm only asking because I was under the impression that they closed the road to traffic after 10pm, but this could of course be out of date info.

Most nights the roadway is closed to vehicular traffic starting around 10PM.  One night I was listening to a band at the Sandbar on Dongtan and the BIB were locking the gate around 10:20.  This is why the ladyboys and gays no longer play after midnight volleyball near the Rescue Station and instead play on Jomtien Beach, I think around Soi 12.

This means that to get from Jomtien to Pratumnak at night you are risking  the police DUI roadblock on the main road from Jomtien to Pratumnak.

Some Thais hop the curb on the Jomtien end and ride briefly on the beach on the Pratumnak end but I think this maneuver tends to be used if you are genuinely stuck inside and not as an everyday route.   The pathway is open to foot traffic 24/7.

The workaround for Pratumnak residents is to park your bike at the top of the hill and take the baht bus to/from Jomtien.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Laawman said:

Many thanks for the reply - I was indeed looking to avoid any DUI issues by taking a back route! Looks like hanging a left off Thepprasit road is the only other way, short of going the long way round and using the Suk highway.

There can be roadblocks on either side of Thappraya right before the turn onto Pratumnak Road.  

Perhaps taking Thepprasit Soi 8 which leads into Pattaya's Soi 17 into 3rd Road and then entering Pratumnak Road from the Pattaya side is a solution but there could be roadblocks there too at night.  In the daytime there are sometimes roadblocks under the overpass where Thappraya meets 3rd Road.

Within the Pratumnak Soi 4-5-6 area I have never seen roadblocks so if staying local you can take your motorbike but not too many bars with bargirls (thankfully) in that area but other nice places to drink such as the 7/11 on Pratumnak Beach which now has 24 tables and beer for 40 baht.

Coming home from Jomtien, I recommend the baht bus and coming home from Pattaya a Bolt.  Pratumnak is a great place to live IMO but a rather poor location if only here for a few months.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

IMO Laguna Beach 2, behind Rompho, is a much better location than Laguna Beach 1 or Laguna Beach 3 Maldives.

Laguna Bay 1 and Laguna Bay 2 are in Pratumnak.

I was thinking about Laguna Beach 2 for location, but at 24 sqm I am needing to think about that for long term letting as it's too small for a sofa and coffee table even. It's getting precarious now as many rentiers are setting 10k minimum rent once current contracts expire, plus the Russians are snapping up everything left on 12 month contracts - no doubt sub-letting to draft dodgers! Going to need all the luck I can get.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:58 AM, Laawman said:

t's getting precarious now as many rentiers are setting 10k minimum rent

Saw a sign next to the Jomtien Post Office on Soi 5 advertising rooms for rent for 4000-5000-6000 baht per month.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:57 PM, Laawman said:

is it possible to travel there by car/bike along the beach road section late at night? I'm only asking because I was under the impression that they closed the road to traffic after 10pm

Here is a daytime pic with the gate open and a night time pic taken around 10:30 PM with the gate closed.

1624518083_711go.jpeg

1669140326411.jpg

12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The 7/11 pictured above at the bottom of Pratumnak Soi 5 now has 24 tables where you can drink 40 baht beers.  They close the tables at midnight though.   Cheap night out!   :drinks:

Almost reminds me of the good old days along beach road (back in the nineties and noughties). Everyone used to laugh at the old duffers sitting there with their cheap beers from 7/11, but they had obviously been where we were yet to go! If only we could recreate those days along Yin Yom beach.........if only....... 

• Like 1